- Nick Offerman is so down to play every single role in ‘Cats’ 12 Months Ago
- Woman documents how airport staff broke her wheelchair Today 3:04 PM
- Funeral home allegedly posted photos of woman’s dead body on social media Today 1:56 PM
- Alinity Divine is being investigated after throwing her cat during stream Today 12:04 PM
- ‘Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee’ returns with Seinfeld making a racist joke about China Today 10:26 AM
- YouTubers Eugenia Cooney and Shane Dawson make a joint comeback Today 9:06 AM
- The crushing effects of Trump’s abortion ‘gag rule’ on healthcare Today 8:00 AM
- How to live stream Pacquiao vs. Thurman Today 6:20 AM
- Review: Hulu with Live TV ensures you always have something to watch Today 6:00 AM
- How to live stream UFC on ESPN 4: Rafael dos Anjos vs. Leon Edwards Today 5:49 AM
- 2020 Democrats refuse to answer our questions about ‘Cats’ Friday 4:14 PM
- Belle Delphine’s Instagram account removed after mass reporting campaign Friday 4:08 PM
- Mariah Carey refuses old-age FaceApp challenge Friday 3:19 PM
- Journalists horrified by consolidation of Gatehouse, Gannett Friday 3:12 PM
- Facebook and Google could be tracking you on porn sites Friday 1:42 PM
Rudy Giuliani tweets only the word ‘You’ and Twitter has a field day
Gage Skidmore/Flickr (CC-BY-SA)
Giuliani, in fact, is so busy that he can’t waste time finishing his musings on Twitter. That could be why he blessed the social media site with this one-world message on Sunday morning.
You— Rudy Giuliani (@RudyGiuliani) July 29, 2018
That tweet was followed up 20 minutes later with Giuliani promoting appearances he would make Sunday morning on Fox and CBS. But he didn’t delete the “You” tweet, leaving it to shine in its simplicity. It’s a middle finger to the internet (without having to write “Fuck” in front of it) and to all those who are trying to solve his message.
Naturally, Twitter had a field day trying to figure out what Giuliani was trying to say with his three-letter dispatch. Many thought Giuliani was blessing us with some musical trivia or start some kind of Twitter sing-along.
...'re so vain, you probably think this tweet is about you...— Doxter Deg (@doxterdeg) July 29, 2018
Rudy, what is the most underrated track on R.E.M.'s MONSTER? https://t.co/3vgo4KcFDr— Steven Hyden (@Steven_Hyden) July 29, 2018
Make me feel like a natural woman— Ariel Milo (@arielmilo7) July 29, 2018
...got what I need. But you say he's just a friend. You say he's just a friend...OHHHH Baby Youuuu"— Pilot9 (@Pilot9) July 29, 2018
Be-looo-ong to me pic.twitter.com/YlbCr5EsFg— The 305 Pirate ☮💜 🏴☠️ (@305Pirate) July 29, 2018
give love a bad name.....— SwPitch (@swpmontessori) July 29, 2018
Some questioned his competency.
Are as good at lawyering as you are a Twitter.— Molly Jong-Fast (@MollyJongFast) July 29, 2018
can't handle the truth— Jennifer Vote in November (@jenniferscully1) July 29, 2018
... have the right to remain silent.— Smith (@WriteSmitty) July 29, 2018
Some believed Giuliani was trying to teach us about homophones.
Ewe— Ragnarok Lobster (@eclecticbrotha) July 29, 2018
Ewwww— Ruth Foster Care or Whatever (@RuthieKetchup) July 29, 2018
And for some, Giuliani’s tweet reminded them of Trump’s most famous Twitter faux pas—Trump’s tweet that will live in infamy.
Covfefe? https://t.co/8kefPfQzfe— Maury Brown (@BizballMaury) July 29, 2018
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.