- Warren calls for harsh penalties for tech companies that spread voter disinformation 5 Years Ago
- ‘Vanderpump Rules’ recap: Miami vices and vexes 5 Years Ago
- Teen gets harmonica stuck in mouth, documents it on TikTok Today 11:08 AM
- Joey Salads got his DNA results in and now he’s tweeting the N-word Today 10:58 AM
- NikkieTutorials says she knows who blackmailed her Today 10:22 AM
- Seth Rogen is making a movie about a deadly meme Today 9:30 AM
- Ring should be shut down ‘immediately,’ Amazon engineer warns Today 9:19 AM
- Joe Biden wants his own Bernie Bros Today 8:57 AM
- Twitch star Adept shares heartwarming story about meeting Kobe Bryant Today 8:44 AM
- ‘Promising Young Woman’ unravels the complexities of a revenge fantasy Today 8:35 AM
- Review: ‘Next in Fashion’ is Netflix’s latest attempt at reality TV Today 7:00 AM
- What is Byte, and can it really compete with TikTok? Today 7:00 AM
- Migrants are under social media surveillance—and that’s a problem for everyone Today 6:00 AM
- Gabrielle Union deserves better from Terry Crews Tuesday 11:12 PM
- T.I. publicly apologizes to daughters after Kobe Bryant’s death Tuesday 8:46 PM
Watch this kid lob a shot over Roger Federer
It might be the greatest shot of this kid’s life.
Tennis pro Roger Federer may be one of the best players in the world, but he can still get served by a kid.
Last Tuesday, Federer was playing against Bulgaria’s Grigor Dimitrov in the BNP Paribas Showdown, an exhibition match at Madison Square Garden, when he met an unexpected challenger. Dimitrov gave the court to a young boy and moved to the sidelines to watch him and Federer face off.
Not only could the kid hold his own against the tennis champ, he managed to pull off a perfect lob, which is when the ball is hit to the back of the court while a player is close to the net. Most people probably wouldn’t have been able to make the shot in his position—and the kid did it in jeans.
Sure, Dimitrov may have won against Federer 6-2, 1-6, 7-5, but that must kid made the shot of a lifetime.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.