- Here are the top 10 most popular Instagram models in 2020 2 Months Ago
- ‘The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina’ takes its characters on a fantasy adventure to Hell in season 3 Today 11:37 AM
- Woman no longer in sorority, school after racist MLK post Today 10:45 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Miss Americana’ starts to deconstruct the myth of Taylor Swift Today 10:32 AM
- Teens charged with attempted arson after participating in TikTok ‘outlet challenge’ Today 8:56 AM
- ‘American Dirt’ is a metaphor for a white country built on the back of immigrants Today 6:00 AM
- This woman told two students to ‘speak English’ and people are not having it Friday 9:53 PM
- Iconic 1968 drag documentary ‘The Queen’ finally released on Netflix Friday 9:29 PM
- This TikTok account for Chancellor Palpatine is hilarious Friday 8:43 PM
- Did the Space Force logo rip off Star Trek? Friday 6:24 PM
- Disabled people with service dogs say Uber, Lyft drivers are denying them rides Friday 3:25 PM
- TikTok teen famous for greasy hair ends her 8-year reign Friday 2:48 PM
- Police handcuff brown man at subway station for carrying a toy gun Friday 1:20 PM
- Fake clip of Sanders quoting infamous ‘hot chip’ tweet is duping people online Friday 1:16 PM
- The Mars Volta’s Cedric Bixler-Zavala alleges Scientologists behind dog’s death Friday 12:46 PM
Former New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski has wasted no time starting his post-Hall-of-Fame career. He’ll be remembered for his giant hands, road-grader run-blocking, and monster touchdown spikes; but it came at a significant physical cost. After retiring following his third Super Bowl last season and capping an injury-laden, but dominant, nine-year stay, the “Gronk” decided it was time to press on, into new, more fun entertainment ventures.
For example, just a few days ago, Gronkowski was a Los Angeles Lakers’ “Laker Girl,” alongside talk show host James Corden.
Gronk was out here dancing with the Lakers' cheerleaders at half 😂 pic.twitter.com/NzkHgAs2t6— House of Highlights (@HoHighlights) November 20, 2019
And Sunday, the three-time Super Bowl champion took on a new role as a football analyst for Fox Sports’ “NFL on Fox” broadcast. His insight and excitement for the game were contagious, rubbing off on hist Curt Menefee, and former stars, including Michael Strahan, Howie Long, Tony Gonzalez, and Terry Bradshaw.
Gronk is a national treasure hahahahaha pic.twitter.com/qPizBSXJzX— Casey Baker (@CaseyBake16) November 24, 2019
However, Gronk’s turtleneck—which it appears he’d never worn before—was the real MVP, making the all-pro the stuff memes are made of. As Christian Arcand noted on Twitter, he looked like a Russian hitman.
Why is Gronk dressed like a Russian hitman pic.twitter.com/zeBxJzW4WF— Christian Arcand (@ChristianArcand) November 24, 2019
Some thought he looked like a future Bond (or Austin Powers) villain:
Gronk on set looking like an evil Bond character. pic.twitter.com/zwVgrexyBP— Will Manso (@WillManso) November 24, 2019
if you combine Number 2 and Scott Evil from Austin Powers, you get 2019 Gronk pic.twitter.com/fkMEP3n6WC— SB Nation (@SBNation) November 25, 2019
Some made a note of Gronkowski’s sidestepping of hair and makeup:
I genuinely want to know if Gronk declined hair and makeup pic.twitter.com/SX5dXXhWVt— Amanda Mull (@amandamull) November 25, 2019
Gronk’s constant expression of absolute wiredness was also taken to account.
Can someone make sure Gronk is okay? pic.twitter.com/XcN8IWOWhV— 𝕂𝕨𝕒𝕟𝕚 (@KwaniALunis) November 24, 2019
Gronk slowly transitioning to his next phase of life as Gary Busey pic.twitter.com/iPiIUKz81y— Barstool Sports (@barstoolsports) November 24, 2019
It’s almost a guarantee that Gronkowski will be back on your screen in the near future; he’s simply must-watch television.
Kahron Spearman is a music and film critic whose work can also regularly be regularly found in the Austin Chronicle.