- Kylie Jenner criticized for yet another expensive car post Thursday 5:57 PM
- Apex Legends became a major Pornhub search in 2019 Thursday 5:15 PM
- CBS accidentally interviewed InfoWars host as regular Trump supporter Thursday 4:31 PM
- TLC accused of fatphobia, fetishization with show about ‘mixed-weight’ couples Thursday 3:41 PM
- Betting odds show KSI could fight FaZe Sensei, Jake Paul, or Justin Bieber next Thursday 3:20 PM
- Nick Cannon releases another thirsty Eminem diss track Thursday 2:59 PM
- Dogs at polling stations are helping bark out the vote in the U.K. Thursday 1:00 PM
- Streamers dominated Pornhub searches in 2019 Thursday 12:59 PM
- Pro and anti-boot factions emerge in wake of ‘Wonder Woman 1984’ trailer Thursday 12:31 PM
- The ‘Rise of Skywalker’ press tour has turned into a rehash of ‘The Last Jedi’ Thursday 12:18 PM
- What’s in a TikTok username? Thursday 12:00 PM
- All four of 2020’s Marvel/DC movies are directed by women Thursday 11:57 AM
- Jeremy Corbyn Rickrolls everyone ahead of British election Thursday 10:18 AM
- Trisha Paytas denies accidentally exposing herself on TikTok Thursday 10:04 AM
- Report: Barr wants tech antitrust probe wrapped up in 2020 Thursday 9:59 AM
Former New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski has wasted no time starting his post-Hall-of-Fame career. He’ll be remembered for his giant hands, road-grader run-blocking, and monster touchdown spikes; but it came at a significant physical cost. After retiring following his third Super Bowl last season and capping an injury-laden, but dominant, nine-year stay, the “Gronk” decided it was time to press on, into new, more fun entertainment ventures.
For example, just a few days ago, Gronkowski was a Los Angeles Lakers’ “Laker Girl,” alongside talk show host James Corden.
Gronk was out here dancing with the Lakers' cheerleaders at half 😂 pic.twitter.com/NzkHgAs2t6— House of Highlights (@HoHighlights) November 20, 2019
And Sunday, the three-time Super Bowl champion took on a new role as a football analyst for Fox Sports’ “NFL on Fox” broadcast. His insight and excitement for the game were contagious, rubbing off on hist Curt Menefee, and former stars, including Michael Strahan, Howie Long, Tony Gonzalez, and Terry Bradshaw.
Gronk is a national treasure hahahahaha pic.twitter.com/qPizBSXJzX— Casey Baker (@CaseyBake16) November 24, 2019
However, Gronk’s turtleneck—which it appears he’d never worn before—was the real MVP, making the all-pro the stuff memes are made of. As Christian Arcand noted on Twitter, he looked like a Russian hitman.
Why is Gronk dressed like a Russian hitman pic.twitter.com/zeBxJzW4WF— Christian Arcand (@ChristianArcand) November 24, 2019
Some thought he looked like a future Bond (or Austin Powers) villain:
Gronk on set looking like an evil Bond character. pic.twitter.com/zwVgrexyBP— Will Manso (@WillManso) November 24, 2019
if you combine Number 2 and Scott Evil from Austin Powers, you get 2019 Gronk pic.twitter.com/fkMEP3n6WC— SB Nation (@SBNation) November 25, 2019
Some made a note of Gronkowski’s sidestepping of hair and makeup:
I genuinely want to know if Gronk declined hair and makeup pic.twitter.com/SX5dXXhWVt— Amanda Mull (@amandamull) November 25, 2019
Gronk’s constant expression of absolute wiredness was also taken to account.
Can someone make sure Gronk is okay? pic.twitter.com/XcN8IWOWhV— 𝕂𝕨𝕒𝕟𝕚 (@KwaniALunis) November 24, 2019
Gronk slowly transitioning to his next phase of life as Gary Busey pic.twitter.com/iPiIUKz81y— Barstool Sports (@barstoolsports) November 24, 2019
It’s almost a guarantee that Gronkowski will be back on your screen in the near future; he’s simply must-watch television.
Kahron Spearman is a music and film critic whose work can also regularly be regularly found in the Austin Chronicle.