- YouTuber who made popular Darth Vader fan film prevails in copyright fight 1 Year Ago
- Mariah Carey says she ‘doesn’t acknowledge time’ in her 10-year challenge photos 1 Year Ago
- Beto O’Rourke under fire for supporting controversial Thin Blue Line Act Today 9:26 AM
- These surreal ‘logo misuse’ sections are hilarious, and they’re going viral Today 9:20 AM
- Senators lose their sh*t over Cardi B shutdown Instagram Today 8:45 AM
- Report: Michael Cohen made fake ‘Women for Cohen’ account that tweeted about how hot he is Today 8:32 AM
- ‘Dragon Ball Super: Broly’ unites fans and critics with major opening Today 8:07 AM
- Slack’s users roast the app’s new logo Today 7:17 AM
- Korean action thriller ‘Revenger’ fights its way through mediocrity Today 7:00 AM
- What I’ve learned after 100 hours on Sling TV Today 7:00 AM
- Everything you need to know about the Women’s March 2019 controversies Today 6:30 AM
- Everyone is choking Sasuke Uchiha in this ‘Naruto’ anime meme Today 6:30 AM
- Right-wing petition wants Rashida Tlaib impeached—here’s why that won’t happen Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ season 2 for free Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch ‘Supernatural’ online for free Today 5:30 AM
Who is the salad queen?
In early August, the internet was buzzing over a hot new scene from gay porn site men.com. But no one was talking about the dudes starring in the flick—they were talking about the girl who stole the scene while eating a salad.
In the preposterous plot of the scene, a husband had hired a chef to make his wife a special salad, and then he banged the chef in their kitchen. “Are you serious?! Right in front of my salad?” she said. The line is now iconic, but who’s the actress?
omfg i found her pic.twitter.com/CQhlzY8vNm
— oliver (@probIemtwink) August 5, 2017
She’s a professional model who goes by Nikki V., and claims credits on BET and in Esquire. Nikki is well aware she’s becoming internet famous, and she seems to be having fun with it.
“I have been getting a lot of interviews and my following has been going up,” she told the Daily Dot. “I love it because people are so funny and positive. It’s a great thing.”
“Everyone is calling me an icon and a salad queen,” she wrote on Instagram, “I am so thankful i’ve been laughing at some of the things people have been sending me. can’t wait see what my next scene is going to look like…”
It seems we can look forward to seeing more of Nikki on men.com. She added the hashtags #men and #yesiamgoingback.
Nikki told the Daily Dot she knew exactly what she was getting into when she signed up for the salad scene.
“I submitted to the gig on craigslist and they replied back to me. I wasn’t shocked or anything because the ad was very clear about what they were looking for,” she said via email.
In fact, it seems like Nikki knew her line was going to be famous more than a month before the video came out. She posted a photo of a salad on Instagram June 5 and captioned it… “#rightinfrontofmysalad.”
A perfect called shot.
Jay Hathaway is a former senior writer who specialized in internet memes and weird online culture. He previously served as the Daily Dot’s news editor, was a staff writer at Gawker, and edited the classic websites Urlesque and Download Squad. His work has also appeared on nymag.com, suicidegirls.com, and the Morning News.