- How to stream Liverpool vs. Chelsea Friday 6:45 PM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Sevilla Friday 6:35 PM
- How to stream Peter ‘Kid Chocolate’ Quillin vs. Alfredo Angulo Friday 5:16 PM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Granada Friday 4:50 PM
- ‘Atlantics’ tells a ghost story steeped with emotion and realism Friday 4:16 PM
- ‘Jojo Rabbit’ is a sweet, singular movie that loses its grip on satire Friday 3:40 PM
- Jordan Peterson is in rehab for Klonopin addiction Friday 3:34 PM
- The cat-worshipping turkey cult video, explained Friday 3:22 PM
- Despite legal threats and drama, the Area 51 desert event is on Friday 3:05 PM
- How to stream Yair Rodriguez vs. Jeremy Stephens on UFC Fight Night Friday 3:00 PM
- Twitter just launched its ‘Hide Replies’ feature Friday 1:59 PM
- How to turn off image metadata before it snitches on you Friday 1:36 PM
- The ‘Breaking Bad’ movie is coming to theaters—for one weekend only Friday 1:04 PM
- Teens recorded, shared videos of mall fight that ended in fatal stabbing Friday 12:44 PM
- How to stream Giants vs. Buccaneers in Week 3 Friday 12:31 PM
The first runner-up of a teenage pageant in Namibia is blowing up the internet because she looks so similar to Regina George from the film Mean Girls.
On god i thought this was Regina George https://t.co/vP3T66hLFf— Baptized in Lean (@JuiceTooWavie) September 24, 2018
Regina George’s doppelgänger is actually Clarisse Muller, a 16-year-old teenager who was born and raised in Windhoek, Namibia, BuzzFeed reports.
Muller told the outlet she had no idea she looked so similar to Regina George, leader of the “The Plastics” who embodies the stereotype of the most popular (and meanest) girl in school, until a guy messaged her about it on Instagram.
The attention Muller has gotten from a viral tweet with over 82,000 retweets (and counting) made her feel “weird,” she told BuzzFeed. But she says over time it became “fun.” She’s now fully embracing her doppelgänger status on Instagram.
To many people, the resemblance is uncanny. Users have commented on the viral tweet—which shows her in a pink and white outfit that Regina would definitely wear—with classic lines from the movie along with memes and GIFs.
If she’s from Africa, why is she white?— Rachel Kyle-Wayne (@raereine) September 24, 2018
Oh my God, Rachel, you can’t just ask people why they’re white— Emanuel (@wiillums) September 26, 2018
People even came up with some interesting conspiracy theories explaining how Muller could actually be Regina George.
Regina George moves to Africa for a fresh start. She encourages her daughter to compete in the Miss Teen Namibia contest. Just when Regina thought she had put the events of 2004 behind her, her daughter gets second place to, that’s right, you guessed it, Cady Heron’s daughter. https://t.co/0JPZKUzL3H— Catie Boulanger (@CatieBoulanger) September 25, 2018
Regina George’s back healed so fast glad to see she’s living life https://t.co/6k9DXaEyqw— Ladi (@ladynelloveras) September 26, 2018
I zoomed ALLLL the way on the face. That’s Regina George idgaf what you tell me https://t.co/zR7sSFYG0q— Killa B (@blakes_the_word) September 26, 2018
Despite all the internet attention, Muller said she’s just happy to represent young teens as the first-runner up to Miss Teen Namibia, according to BuzzFeed.
According to its website, the pageant “celebrates being the best that you can be through beauty with a charitable cause by crowning one deserving young woman to carry the title. This honor initiates drive to bring charity to the less privileged: to promote deserving social causes.”
Muller told BuzzFeed she wants to use the title to inspire and empower young teens.
H/T BuzzFeed News
Sunny Kim studies journalism at the University of Texas at Austin. She's an editorial intern with the Daily Dot. Her work has appeared in the Daily Texan and Popular Mechanics.