- Bloomberg edits debate clip to make other Democratic candidates appear speechless Thursday 7:50 PM
- Dad claims YouTube refuses to remove video of daughter’s murder Thursday 6:36 PM
- Video of Kanye leaving Kim in elevator to carry all their bags has people cackling Thursday 6:19 PM
- Orlando Bloom’s tattoo misspelled son’s name because of Pinterest Thursday 5:35 PM
- The Ahi Challenge is the latest dance taking over TikTok Thursday 4:40 PM
- Show criticized for putting rape victim in blackface to protect her identity Thursday 3:42 PM
- Woman becomes viral sensation after iconic ‘Shallow’ subway video Thursday 2:48 PM
- Prettyboyfredo tried to gift a bullied teen some $30,000 Nikes at school—he got detained Thursday 2:13 PM
- ‘Vanderpump Rules’ recap: Wedding bells and blows Thursday 1:50 PM
- A 16-year-old made a ‘meme guide’ to help her dad understand online trends Thursday 1:46 PM
- UCLA drops plans to use facial recognition after student pushback Thursday 1:07 PM
- ‘Star Trek: Picard’ recap, episode 5: ‘Stardust City Rag’ Thursday 12:56 PM
- Roger Stone sentenced to 40 months in prison Thursday 12:45 PM
- New The 1975 music video is full of memes you’ll love Thursday 12:28 PM
- Black model speaks out after fashion show featured racist accessories Thursday 12:14 PM
Surely you’ve had at least one experience so weird or wild that you doubt it ever happened before or since. Maybe one time you woke up with your cat literally eating your face. Or perhaps you released a fart during class that made the person sitting next to you pass out.
OK, so these might not be the most extreme stories, but if you’re looking for an adrenaline rush, laugh, or some newfound hope, you’re in luck—thanks to Reddit. A thread in the r/AskReddit subreddit posed the question, “What’s something you’re pretty sure has only happened to you?” and people chimed in with an impressive array of truly bizarre tales.
There were plenty of tribulations with sex and dating. Several people mentioned now-lesbian ex-girlfriends who are currently dating one another. One woman revealed that her boyfriend (now husband) nearly had his brains fucked out—as in, he suffered a huge brain hemorrhage during sex. Thankfully, he’s recovered and they have a kid together.
Things also just got weird, with stories about neighbors asking to adopt one Redditor when she was a little girl because they thought she had special spirits. Another person recounted how they found out the house they were living in had a serial killer as the former landlord.
And there were plenty of uplifting experiences as well, like when a simple act of kindness from a teen lifted the spirits of a paramedic who just had to respond to the grisly death of a mom and child dying during birth.
Check out the thread yourself—it’s worth the time. Because there’s always the off-chance that one of these absurd things has happened to you, too.
Illustration via Max Fleishman
Gabe Bergado is a Daily Dot alumnus who covered dank memes, teens, and the weirdest corners of the Internet. One time, Ted Cruz supporters turned him into a meme—or at least tried to. In 2017, he started reporting for Teen Vogue's entertainment section.