- ‘Penis fish’ memes erupt after worms wash up on California coast Friday 5:58 PM
- Why Britons are tweeting ‘Little England’ in wake of the U.K. election Friday 3:22 PM
- Net neutrality advocates ask for rehearing on federal court decision Friday 2:29 PM
- Americans are sharing their #PrivateHealthLIFEhacks to help Brits Friday 2:28 PM
- Warren, Sanders, Yang pledge to skip next week’s debate over union dispute Friday 2:12 PM
- How to watch tonight’s Nets vs. Raptors matchup on NBA TV Friday 2:00 PM
- Alt-right comedian Owen Benjamin banned from Instagram over anti-Semitic memes Friday 1:55 PM
- TikTok teens are procrastinating with #FinalsWeek Friday 1:46 PM
- ‘The Mandalorian’ takes on a prison break in episode 6 Friday 1:30 PM
- Nick Cannon vs. Eminem battle expected to escalate after ‘off-limits’ daughter diss Friday 12:50 PM
- Laura Loomer vehemently denies being author of new Laura Loomer-themed action novel Friday 12:30 PM
- PewDiePie’s poop-inspired game gets banned by Apple Friday 11:29 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ showrunners to adapt ‘Lovecraft’ graphic novel to screen Friday 11:00 AM
- The 50 memes that defined the decade Friday 10:45 AM
- Venmo users are getting harassed with fraudulent payment requests Friday 10:38 AM
Surely you’ve had at least one experience so weird or wild that you doubt it ever happened before or since. Maybe one time you woke up with your cat literally eating your face. Or perhaps you released a fart during class that made the person sitting next to you pass out.
OK, so these might not be the most extreme stories, but if you’re looking for an adrenaline rush, laugh, or some newfound hope, you’re in luck—thanks to Reddit. A thread in the r/AskReddit subreddit posed the question, “What’s something you’re pretty sure has only happened to you?” and people chimed in with an impressive array of truly bizarre tales.
There were plenty of tribulations with sex and dating. Several people mentioned now-lesbian ex-girlfriends who are currently dating one another. One woman revealed that her boyfriend (now husband) nearly had his brains fucked out—as in, he suffered a huge brain hemorrhage during sex. Thankfully, he’s recovered and they have a kid together.
Things also just got weird, with stories about neighbors asking to adopt one Redditor when she was a little girl because they thought she had special spirits. Another person recounted how they found out the house they were living in had a serial killer as the former landlord.
And there were plenty of uplifting experiences as well, like when a simple act of kindness from a teen lifted the spirits of a paramedic who just had to respond to the grisly death of a mom and child dying during birth.
Check out the thread yourself—it’s worth the time. Because there’s always the off-chance that one of these absurd things has happened to you, too.
Illustration via Max Fleishman
Gabe Bergado is a Daily Dot alumnus who covered dank memes, teens, and the weirdest corners of the Internet. One time, Ted Cruz supporters turned him into a meme—or at least tried to. In 2017, he started reporting for Teen Vogue's entertainment section.