- Misgendering a character could get you banned from Borderlands 3 3 Years Ago
- Facebook pulls Trump re-election ad for targeting ‘strong women’ 3 Years Ago
- Kamala Harris says she will restore net neutrality if elected 3 Years Ago
- All 8 of the ‘Rocky’ movies, ranked Today 2:50 PM
- Everything you need to know about the Facebook conservative bias report Today 2:35 PM
- Study links emoji use to more sex Today 2:10 PM
- The chicken sandwich war is in full throttle on Twitter Today 1:47 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Sextuplets’ proves Marlon Wayans is no Eddie Murphy—or even Mike Myers Today 1:31 PM
- Facebook is finally rolling out its clear history tool Today 1:13 PM
- ‘Theater etiquette’ tweets surge after YouTuber cast in ‘Waitress’ Today 12:55 PM
- A GoFundMe for Eric Garner’s killer has raised more than $70,000 Today 12:49 PM
- YouTuber finds GoPro footage of man who drowned in 2017 Today 12:20 PM
- Netflix’s ’45 rpm’ is as tired as the boomer rock era it tries to honor Today 11:38 AM
- Teen arrested for threatening to ‘slaughter’ abortion clinic on iFunny Today 11:29 AM
- How to stream the LA Galaxy vs. Cruz Azul Leagues Cup semifinal match Today 11:10 AM
Surely you’ve had at least one experience so weird or wild that you doubt it ever happened before or since. Maybe one time you woke up with your cat literally eating your face. Or perhaps you released a fart during class that made the person sitting next to you pass out.
OK, so these might not be the most extreme stories, but if you’re looking for an adrenaline rush, laugh, or some newfound hope, you’re in luck—thanks to Reddit. A thread in the r/AskReddit subreddit posed the question, “What’s something you’re pretty sure has only happened to you?” and people chimed in with an impressive array of truly bizarre tales.
There were plenty of tribulations with sex and dating. Several people mentioned now-lesbian ex-girlfriends who are currently dating one another. One woman revealed that her boyfriend (now husband) nearly had his brains fucked out—as in, he suffered a huge brain hemorrhage during sex. Thankfully, he’s recovered and they have a kid together.
Things also just got weird, with stories about neighbors asking to adopt one Redditor when she was a little girl because they thought she had special spirits. Another person recounted how they found out the house they were living in had a serial killer as the former landlord.
And there were plenty of uplifting experiences as well, like when a simple act of kindness from a teen lifted the spirits of a paramedic who just had to respond to the grisly death of a mom and child dying during birth.
Check out the thread yourself—it’s worth the time. Because there’s always the off-chance that one of these absurd things has happened to you, too.
Illustration via Max Fleishman
Gabe Bergado is a Daily Dot alumnus who covered dank memes, teens, and the weirdest corners of the Internet. One time, Ted Cruz supporters turned him into a meme—or at least tried to. In 2017, he started reporting for Teen Vogue's entertainment section.