- Daniel Caesar dons cape for whiteness—and gets canceled 4 Years Ago
- Triton is a new malware ‘deliberately’ designed to put lives at risk Today 3:23 PM
- ‘Into the Dark: I’m Just F*cking with You’ is one of the series’ best Today 1:54 PM
- Trump’s latest prop, a map of ISIS, gets memed Today 12:54 PM
- HBO sends fans on a global scavenger hunt for 6 Iron Thrones Today 11:51 AM
- The Awkward Family Photos game is Cards Against Humanity for meme lovers Today 11:50 AM
- London firefighters’ organization accuses ‘Peppa Pig’ of sexism Today 11:41 AM
- YouTuber accused of abusing her children to make kid-friendly content Today 11:20 AM
- Ari Fleischer’s Iraq War tweet isn’t going over well Today 10:54 AM
- Cop arrested for recording man’s genitals, forcing mentally ill man to twerk Today 10:37 AM
- MoviePass rebrands its unlimited plan, again Today 10:37 AM
- Former Alaska senator launches meme-filled 2020 primary campaign Today 10:17 AM
- The Shane Dawson cat controversy has resulted in these sex memes Today 10:06 AM
- Sarah Sanders mocks CNN reporter with ‘dear diary’ tweet Today 9:03 AM
- Know what you’re signing up for thanks to these dating site reviews Today 8:58 AM
Redditor turns Snapchat of girlfriend’s brother into pure Street Fighter glory
It’s a sonic boom.
It’s rarely a good thing when a Snapchat video you sent has a life beyond the brief 10-second one you intended it to have. If you need some convincing, just ask 5 Seconds of Summer’s Calum Hood, whose six seconds of dong leaked online thanks to a fan recording a highly NSFW Snapchat he sent in August.
But thankfully for this kid, the Snapchat his sister dispatched to her boyfriend didn’t meet any nefarious ends. Instead, the brief video she sent of her brother battling and karate-chopping invisible enemies got the ultimate Street Fighter treatment.
Redditor NigelxD took the footage of this kid, Nick, and dropped him into his own personal Street Fighter universe. There he squared off against great foes like Ryu, Chun-Li, and Makoto—vanquishing each with a single jab or punch.
But it wasn’t just the Internet that delighted in this kid’s Street Fighter transformation. Nigel posted on the Reddit thread that Nick loved the video. “He went around the house afterwards pretending to fight everything with his new ‘super powers’ lol,” he continued. We’re just glad a recorded Snapchat video was finally used for good and not evil.
Greg Seals is a former social media producer and contributing writer for the Daily Dot. He specializes in creating and covering viral content on platforms that include Tumblr, Instagram, Snapchat, and Twitter.