- Buttigieg, Klobuchar come together to laugh at Bloomberg Wednesday 10:29 PM
- Bernie Sanders calls Bloomberg’s wealth ‘grotesque’ to his face Wednesday 9:53 PM
- Angry Bloomberg asks debate moderators if he’s ‘chicken liver’ Wednesday 9:29 PM
- Elizabeth Warren savages everyone else’s healthcare plan Wednesday 9:07 PM
- K-Pop stans help push ‘Pooping for Kaitlin’ hashtag mocking Kent State gun girl Wednesday 8:54 PM
- Fans speculate after learning Pop Smoke posted address prior to fatal home invasion Wednesday 8:11 PM
- Jar of human tongues found in Florida has people shook Wednesday 6:39 PM
- Video of Blueface teaching Obama lookalike to dance is turning heads Wednesday 5:58 PM
- ‘No one has the range’ for this meme Wednesday 5:21 PM
- Mom confronts man who followed daughter through grocery store in viral video Wednesday 5:05 PM
- Major study linking vaping to heart attacks gets retracted Wednesday 4:36 PM
- George Zimmerman is suing Pete Buttigieg, Elizabeth Warren Wednesday 2:55 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Horse Girl’ accused of ripping off 2017 indie film Wednesday 2:52 PM
- The Genyus Network is a safe social space for stroke survivors Wednesday 2:20 PM
- MAGA hat-wearing dog finishes last in ‘Today Show’ fan vote—still named winner Wednesday 2:03 PM
The best worst commercials ever
On link-sharing site Reddit, discussions are kind of like a petri dish. The latest blossoming: a collection of the worst commercials ever.
On link-sharing site Reddit, discussions are kind of like a petri dish: toss in something the locals find tasty, sit back, and watch what grows.
So when redditor sketchampm wrote “I present to you, the worst commercial ever,” and linked to a 1993 commercial by Chicago-based Eagle Insurance, other Reddit users didn’t disappoint.
Scrounging their collective memories and the wonders of YouTube, they assembled well over a dozen of the worst commercials the world may have ever seen.
Below, we present the best of the worst:
Eagle Insurance, Chicago Illinois: The commercial that started it all. As redditor Frdl said: “A little longer, and it could have been one of the best pornos ever.”
Frankie and Johnny’s Furniture in New Orleans: Is Frankie the true inspiration for the Twin Peaks dwarf, and his dance?
Flee Market Montgomery, Montgomery, Alabama — Because “It’s just like, it’s just like a mini-mall.”
Billy Fucillo, Syracuse, NY (for this Central New Yorker, the most egregious of all):
Silenced_is_Foo pointed to a 2006 commercial that’s not so much funny, as sad: A real estate agent creepily urges a husband to pay for a house he can’t afford — hello, housing crisis!
And finally, Action Jackson of Action Jackson Furniture in Mesa, Arizona shows why it’s important to remember that mattresses do, indeed, have springs:
Kevin Morris is a veteran web reporter and editor who specializes in longform journalism. He led the Daily Dot’s esports vertical and, following its acquisition by GAMURS in late 2016, launched Dot Esports, where he serves as the site’s editor-in-chief.