- ‘Ghosts of Sugar Land’ explores what happens if your friend joins ISIS 8 Years Ago
- Andrew Yang upset porn fans with his criticism of Bing Tuesday 10:34 PM
- Kamala Harris really wants Trump kicked off Twitter Tuesday 10:22 PM
- Bernie Sanders jokes he didn’t use medical marijuana before tonight’s debate Tuesday 9:47 PM
- Tulsi Gabbard says she’s not a Russian asset—which is just what a Russian asset would say Tuesday 9:20 PM
- Warren says she doesn’t have a ‘beef with billionaires’ Tuesday 8:59 PM
- Andrew Yang’s Universal Basic Income plan gets support from other candidates Tuesday 8:40 PM
- Christmas creep is real, and it’s all over Tom Steyer’s neck Tuesday 8:05 PM
- Stans are using pictures of Beyoncé to catfish sugar daddies Tuesday 7:18 PM
- Wait, who the heck is Tom Steyer? Tuesday 7:17 PM
- Teacher caught on video in racist rant put on leave without pay Tuesday 5:44 PM
- Pornhub pulls Girls Do Porn videos amid sex trafficking charges Tuesday 4:49 PM
- Gina Rodriguez sings N-word on Instagram story Tuesday 4:41 PM
- Trump Jr. mocked for Hunter Biden tweet about profiting from dad’s name Tuesday 3:58 PM
- All the holiday movies and shows coming to Netflix in 2019 Tuesday 3:48 PM
The best worst commercials ever
On link-sharing site Reddit, discussions are kind of like a petri dish. The latest blossoming: a collection of the worst commercials ever.
On link-sharing site Reddit, discussions are kind of like a petri dish: toss in something the locals find tasty, sit back, and watch what grows.
So when redditor sketchampm wrote “I present to you, the worst commercial ever,” and linked to a 1993 commercial by Chicago-based Eagle Insurance, other Reddit users didn’t disappoint.
Scrounging their collective memories and the wonders of YouTube, they assembled well over a dozen of the worst commercials the world may have ever seen.
Below, we present the best of the worst:
Eagle Insurance, Chicago Illinois: The commercial that started it all. As redditor Frdl said: “A little longer, and it could have been one of the best pornos ever.”
Frankie and Johnny’s Furniture in New Orleans: Is Frankie the true inspiration for the Twin Peaks dwarf, and his dance?
Flee Market Montgomery, Montgomery, Alabama — Because “It’s just like, it’s just like a mini-mall.”
Billy Fucillo, Syracuse, NY (for this Central New Yorker, the most egregious of all):
Silenced_is_Foo pointed to a 2006 commercial that’s not so much funny, as sad: A real estate agent creepily urges a husband to pay for a house he can’t afford — hello, housing crisis!
And finally, Action Jackson of Action Jackson Furniture in Mesa, Arizona shows why it’s important to remember that mattresses do, indeed, have springs:
Kevin Morris is a veteran web reporter and editor who specializes in longform journalism. He led the Daily Dot’s esports vertical and, following its acquisition by GAMURS in late 2016, launched Dot Esports, where he serves as the site’s editor-in-chief.