- YouTuber’s ‘creepy’ comment about Taylor Swift’s eggs gets ratioed 4 Years Ago
- Bloomberg razzed for accidentally making an Alexa Fleshlight 4 Years Ago
- Who is putting cowboy hats on pigeons? Today 4:33 PM
- Scammer reportedly bribed Facebook employee to keep posts up Today 3:36 PM
- The 1975’s singer criticized for ‘Islamophobic’ rant Today 3:22 PM
- Ready to dish out $52K for Apple’s new Mac Pro? Today 3:03 PM
- N.K. Jemisin and Jamal Campbell discuss their new Green Lantern comic, ‘Far Sector’ Today 3:00 PM
- YouTube says it will be harsher on creators with ‘patterns of harassing behavior’ Today 1:15 PM
- Why one senator stopped a vote on net neutrality Today 12:49 PM
- Man reportedly denied refugee status after officials fail to forward email Today 12:09 PM
- ‘Jojo Rabbit’ star to lead Disney+ ‘Home Alone’ reboot Today 12:08 PM
- Beyoncé and Kelly Rowland were harassed by Jagged Edge as teens, Mathew Knowles says Today 11:52 AM
- White nationalist Nick Fuentes is upset MTV aired his white nationalist views Today 11:37 AM
- Juice WRLD had secret drug-littered Instagram, according to his ex-girlfriend Today 11:10 AM
- Jersey City suspect posted anti-Semitic, anti-police materials online Today 10:30 AM
This dude has a squirrel still living in his Christmas tree
This tree might need to stay up year round.
There are plenty of reasons to delay taking down your Christmas decorations, but this might be the cutest one yet.
Redditor carefree_dude posted this adorable pic to the Pics subreddit with the cheeky caption, “There is STILL a squirrel living in my Christmas tree.”
It appears the little fella has been there for some time.
Some redditors mused that they’d be alarmed to find an intruder in their home. But this is no errant critter. A quick dive into carefree_dude’s Reddit history reveals that the squirrel was rescued about a month ago.
Here’s the little fella, whose name is Mittens, working away at the last of his breakfast.
Mittens isn’t the only furry friend in carefree_dude’s household. He told the Daily Dot, “We have quite the zoo in our house, including a dog, 4 cats, fish, 14 chickens, and a turtle. The cats just ignore him. The fish and turtle are indifferent, and the dog is kept away from him for safety reasons.”
It certainly looks like Mittens is being kept safe and cozy.
If he were our pal, we might never get around to taking down the tree.
Photo via carefree_dude/Reddit
Nayomi Reghay is a frequent contributor to the Daily Dot, covering body positivity, feminism, sex, relationships, and gender. She is also the author of the advice column “Swipe This!” A former New York Teaching Fellow, her writing has been featured in Reductress, Rolling Stone, Mic, Someecards, and more.