- Hong Kong protesters wear LeBron James masks Wednesday 7:58 PM
- Gina Rodriguez has said N-word before, Twitter discovers Wednesday 6:54 PM
- How to stream Chiefs vs. Broncos on Thursday Night Football Wednesday 6:00 PM
- Feds take down dark web’s largest known child porn site Wednesday 5:33 PM
- Ben Shapiro says his ‘man body’ is just as controlled as women’s Wednesday 5:06 PM
- Genius turns Kylie Jenner’s ‘rise and shine’ meme into alarm ringtone Wednesday 4:14 PM
- In ‘Tell Me Who I Am,’ twin brothers grapple with hidden trauma Wednesday 4:13 PM
- Panama Papers law firm sues Netflix over ‘The Laundromat’ Wednesday 3:07 PM
- ‘Motherless Brooklyn’ is a gorgeous noir with little below the surface Wednesday 1:14 PM
- Jameela Jamil and Sara Sampaio got in a Twitter feud over ‘long-starved’ models Wednesday 12:52 PM
- Freddie Prinze Jr. will straight-up school you about the Force don’t @ him Wednesday 12:18 PM
- Woman hosts Instagram funeral after she ‘killed’ $102K in student debt Wednesday 11:45 AM
- YouTube beats Netflix as go-to streaming platform for teens Wednesday 11:41 AM
- The tallest man in America posts emotional YouTube video from hospital room Wednesday 11:31 AM
- Nintendo Switch subreddit implodes amid Hong Kong protests Wednesday 11:14 AM
‘Rear Gear’ is the new must-have accessory for your pet’s butthole
This Etsy shop’s charming tagline is “No more Mr. Brown Eye.”
Are you tired of looking at your pet’s ass?
If you’ve ever asked this question of yourself (and let’s face it, who hasn’t), then the Rear Gear Etsy store is here to help. It sells accessories for your cat or dog, but not the usual doggy jackets or cute miniature hats. No: Rear Gear specializes in butt covers. Its charming tagline is “No more Mr. Brown Eye.”
Just hang this bad boy on your pet’s tail and you can totally pretend that it’s not a living, pooping animal.
The butt covers have been on Etsy for years. They come in various designs, including cupcakes, disco balls, biohazard symbols, and even custom versions if you want to conceal your dog’s “unsightly rear” with a company logo or cute family photo. And what better way to advertise this product than with a woman smiling and giving a thumbs-up sign next to her dog’s butt?
Rear Gear is apparently “handmade in Portland, OR and offers a cheerful solution to be-rid your favorite pet’s un-manicured back side.” Etsy truly is a magical place.
Parker Knight/Flickr (CC BY 2.0) | Remix by Jason Reed
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor