- Second Amendment protesters defend gun rights with truly terrible signs 2 Years Ago
- David Lynch surprises fans by dropping Netflix short out of the blue 2 Years Ago
- Poop-focused parody of Kent State Gun Girl sparks conservative ire Today 11:58 AM
- 6-year-old raises $250K for Australian bushfires by making clay koalas Today 11:31 AM
- What you need to know about Clearview AI and its facial recognition app Today 10:36 AM
- Apple TV+ gets its first SAG Award while Netflix and Amazon nab 2 each Today 10:07 AM
- Facebook apologizes for translating Chinese president’s name to ‘Mr. Sh*thole’ Today 9:45 AM
- New York Times endorses Klobarren for president Today 8:45 AM
- 6 gift cards that make for the most thoughtful Valentine’s Day gift ideas Today 8:16 AM
- Studio Ghibli films are coming to Netflix—but not for Americans Today 8:13 AM
- Brad Pitt clutching Jennifer Aniston’s hand sparks all the rumors Today 7:47 AM
- The man who sold shares of himself on the internet Today 7:00 AM
- The rise of the conservative ‘mancast’ in a world of changing masculinity Today 6:00 AM
- Amazon’s ‘Troop Zero’ gives the underdog movie a stylized re-do Today 4:20 AM
- No, the first words of Trump’s tweets don’t match up to lyrics of ‘Break My Stride’ Sunday 10:28 PM
Being a racist on Twitter is bad enough, but hiding behind a picture of your pet while tweeting racist sentiments? That’s cowardly and nonsensical. Luckily, a Twitter account called Racist Pets is exposing the people who use their furry friends as social media avatars.
Racist Pets doesn’t bother commenting on the accounts it exposes. It simply shows screenshots of the tweets, along with a picture of their pet.
Sometimes these racists even hide behind cute little baby animals. Like this cuddly pile of xenophobic puppies.
Or this adorable yet bigoted fox cub.
Even meerkats aren’t safe.
And, just to prove these racists are in fact human, the account shows that they sometimes take a break from spewing hate to spew, well… other things.
Racist Pets is run by someone living in London, so most of the tweets focus on British racism. But obviously, there are plenty of Americans who are willing to pawn their racist views off on their pets. You probably already know about one of them.
Dogs, by the way, totally have knees. It’s almost as if these people are ignoring facts just so they can expound their ignorant, crazy theories.
One person, while still totally a bigot, at least picked the right animal to represent their cowardly behavior: a chicken.
Then again, chickens are actually useful.
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.