- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ unmasks the time-traveling Red Angel Thursday 8:30 PM
- Everyone is making memes of Meghan McCain saying ‘my father’ on loop Thursday 8:11 PM
- Irony of Georgia’s sperm-reporting bill flies by anti-abortion advocates Thursday 7:11 PM
- Sex scandals are consuming the K-pop industry Thursday 5:44 PM
- Trump supporters are abandoning Fox News over network’s latest hire Thursday 5:20 PM
- QAnon is attacking a random woman in a disturbing and dangerous way Thursday 4:59 PM
- Google celebrates Bach with AI-powered, music-making doodle Thursday 4:53 PM
- RIP: The best free trial in all of streaming entertainment Thursday 2:19 PM
- Which ‘Florida Man’ are you? Thursday 1:06 PM
- Hundreds of millions of Facebook passwords were accessible to employees Thursday 12:55 PM
- ‘Bitch I’m Bella Thorne’ morphs into TikTok dyslexia meme Thursday 12:17 PM
- Marvel is auctioning props and costumes from Netflix’s ‘Defenders’ franchise Thursday 12:12 PM
- Net neutrality advocates plan online watch party for the ‘Save the Internet’ Act Thursday 12:01 PM
- Tim Cook turns his iPad meme into an AirPod meme Thursday 11:46 AM
- Auschwitz Memorial asks visitors to stop taking playful photos at Holocaust site Thursday 11:33 AM
Photo via andriano.cz/Shutterstock (Licensed)
This morning, a news wire service in the U.K. dropped a doozy of a tweet.
A serial street pooher thought to have defecated in public dozens of times is being hunted by police https://t.co/HhgtSr0KkK
— CourtNewsUK (@CourtNewsUK) March 7, 2017
The account didn’t link to any story or police report, so we aren’t really any closer to catching this man. But that’s not terribly important. What is important is all the poo puns that were flung back at Court News UK.
@CourtNewsUK Number 2 on Britain's Most Wanted.
— Baz (@bivvybaz) March 7, 2017
Get it? It’s because it’s poo. And poo is No. 2.
— brendan duke (@bduke77) March 7, 2017
Get it? Because shit is poo.
@CourtNewsUK They'll get to the bottom of it eventually
— Cez (@le_petit_cochon) March 7, 2017
Get it? Because getting to the “bottom” of something means solving it, but also bottom is where the poo comes out of.
@CourtNewsUK There is something about this that doesnt smell right.
— Mr Twitch (@Sub3Level) March 7, 2017
Do you get it?
It’s because poo smells and that’s also a metaphor for something not being on the level.
@CourtNewsUK skid marks were left at the scene….
— Richie Bear (@flaneurbear) March 7, 2017
Because an escaping criminal would flee fast enough in a getaway car to leave burnt rubber on the road, which is what skid marks are, and also because skid marks are poo.
Then there was this lady, who was just happy about the picture.
Such sincere enthusiasm for a picture of a person pooping!
Now that is a thing of beauty.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]