- Curvy Wife Guy drops music video for rap song ‘Chubby Sexy’ Friday 7:33 PM
- A ‘Black Mirror’ spinoff mini-series is coming to YouTube via Netflix Latin America Friday 5:56 PM
- Kanye West appears on David Letterman’s Netflix show to talk Trump, TMZ, and Drake Friday 3:27 PM
- QAnon believers link small-town arrest to deep state conspiracy without evidence Friday 1:58 PM
- Instagram photos showing prison conditions spark massive protest Friday 1:33 PM
- ‘Gay rat wedding’ headline sparks amazing new meme Friday 1:03 PM
- ‘I read a gossip piece’ meme mocks Moby’s Instagram post Friday 12:39 PM
- Rotten Tomatoes wants to see your ticket stub to leave a verified review Friday 11:46 AM
- ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ movie delayed to 2020 to fix his look Friday 11:39 AM
- ‘Swamp Thing’ gets off to a promising start, but can it tell a convincing love story? Friday 11:34 AM
- ‘Falling on deaf ears’: ‘Queer Eye’ star sparks conversation about ableist idioms Friday 11:15 AM
- Parents are spending thousands on YouTube camps that teach kids how to be famous Friday 10:43 AM
- In season 2 of ‘She’s Gotta Have It,’ Spike Lee remains unapologetically himself Friday 10:36 AM
- Trump selling Pride shirts is a grotesque insult to the LGBTQ community Friday 10:27 AM
- Logan Paul is being mocked for pulling out of slapping competition Friday 9:57 AM
Photo via andriano.cz/Shutterstock (Licensed)
This morning, a news wire service in the U.K. dropped a doozy of a tweet.
A serial street pooher thought to have defecated in public dozens of times is being hunted by police https://t.co/HhgtSr0KkK
— CourtNewsUK (@CourtNewsUK) March 7, 2017
The account didn’t link to any story or police report, so we aren’t really any closer to catching this man. But that’s not terribly important. What is important is all the poo puns that were flung back at Court News UK.
@CourtNewsUK Number 2 on Britain's Most Wanted.
— Baz (@bivvybaz) March 7, 2017
Get it? It’s because it’s poo. And poo is No. 2.
— brendan duke (@bduke77) March 7, 2017
Get it? Because shit is poo.
@CourtNewsUK They'll get to the bottom of it eventually
— Cez (@le_petit_cochon) March 7, 2017
Get it? Because getting to the “bottom” of something means solving it, but also bottom is where the poo comes out of.
@CourtNewsUK There is something about this that doesnt smell right.
— Mr Twitch (@Sub3Level) March 7, 2017
Do you get it?
It’s because poo smells and that’s also a metaphor for something not being on the level.
@CourtNewsUK skid marks were left at the scene….
— Richie Bear (@flaneurbear) March 7, 2017
Because an escaping criminal would flee fast enough in a getaway car to leave burnt rubber on the road, which is what skid marks are, and also because skid marks are poo.
Then there was this lady, who was just happy about the picture.
Such sincere enthusiasm for a picture of a person pooping!
Now that is a thing of beauty.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]