- Why Veronica Mars doesn’t drop any F-bombs in Hulu’s adult-rated revival 4 Years Ago
- Netflix’s ‘Taco Chronicles’ will make your heart soar and mouth water 4 Years Ago
- The view of Prime Day from Amazon’s warehouse strike Today 6:30 AM
- Conspiracy theorists think underground nukes are to blame for California’s earthquakes Today 6:30 AM
- How to follow along with San Diego Comic Con online Today 6:00 AM
- How to live stream the International Champions Cup Today 5:00 AM
- A police union is urging its officers to post ‘The Punisher’ logo Monday 7:33 PM
- Redditors call for a Nestlé boycott through memes Monday 6:16 PM
- How a 10-second Disney jingle became a meme in Thailand Monday 4:48 PM
- Instagram users share photos showing gruesome killing of 17-year-old Bianca Devins Monday 4:33 PM
- The horror game banned for mocking China’s president probably isn’t coming back Monday 3:31 PM
- Cheap vibrators, condoms, and lube: The best NSFW Prime Day deals Monday 3:07 PM
- George R.R. Martin says fan backlash won’t affect his ‘Game of Thrones’ ending Monday 3:03 PM
- The very finest Area 51 memes Monday 2:52 PM
- Tweet map ranks states where people are boycotting Amazon Prime Day Monday 1:54 PM
#PopeBars and the holy lyrics that inspired the breakout Pope Francis meme
Bars for days.
Armed with the perfectly positioned meme, the Internet decided to write bars for the pope creating the funniest and holiest raps in history. In line with the adage, “immature poets imitate, mature poets steal,” Twitter users picked lines from their favorite rap songs and blessed them with holy water.
Here is a list of the best #PopeBars tweets and the musical geniuses that influenced them:
Bow down for @FeministaJones’ exquisite use of Notorious B.I.G’s “Big Poppa.”
Here @ClintSmith masterfully samples Biggie Small’s “Juicy.”
@DamonStCloud throws back to the late Tupac’s banger “Hit Em Up.”
@HeadcACE seizes an opportunity to channel Rick Ross’s aptly titled “Holy Ghost.”
Clearly @peraisakop had a moment of brilliance when he decided to steal from Jay Z’s “Moment of Clarity.”
And @TheCatWhisprer drop bars for all the Black Album fans with a reimagined “99 Problems.”
For @Flatbammy, Yeezy Season came early with his ode to Kanye West’s “Last Call.”
Much respect goes to @JamesLedwaba_ for shouting out Drake’s breakout diss record “Back To Back.”
And of course who could forget Drizzy’s “Forever.”
Stay tuned for the pope’s mixtape folks. If #PopeBars is any indication, it’s going to be #lit.
Illustration by Max Fleishman
Ziwe Fumudoh is a writer and comedian. Her work has appeared in the Onion and Reductress, and she is a co-host at Crooked Media.