- Gamer Krucial B passes away during Defend the North tournament 3 Years Ago
- Brexit supporter Boris Johnson becomes prime minister—spawning lots of memes 3 Years Ago
- Democrats want to ban use of facial recognition in public housing Today 8:29 AM
- In America’s meme war, the left and right are fighting different battles Today 8:10 AM
- Mahershala Ali’s ‘Blade’ movie won’t arrive until Phase 5 of the MCU Today 7:18 AM
- Natalie Portman isn’t playing ‘female Thor’—she’s ‘Mighty Thor’ Today 7:08 AM
- How to watch ‘Breaking Bad’ online Today 7:00 AM
- Controversial Instagram influencer plans event called ‘The Scam’ Today 7:00 AM
- How to clear your search history on Instagram Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream the Leagues Cup competition between MLS and Liga MX Today 5:00 AM
- Here’s why you shouldn’t buy a Nintendo Switch until mid-August Monday 5:11 PM
- Man blasted for making his coworkers babysit his child Monday 5:07 PM
- Pete Buttigieg’s country radio interview was blocked from the air Monday 4:35 PM
- 15-year-old Smash Bros. prodigy caught using racist slur in private Discord server Monday 3:47 PM
- Instagram users who post pet pictures more likely to get hacked Monday 3:45 PM
Pokémon are forever.
Whenever there’s been news about the upcoming Nintendo 3DS games, jokes have followed. The internet roasted new water-type starter Popplio and was obsessed with the Pokémon that looks like Donald Trump. And on Monday, we got another teaser for Sun and Moon that feature some new pocket monsters, along with the Alola versions of some classic favorites.
Lots of people were loving the ice-type forms for Vulpix and Sandshrew, two of the original 151 Pokémon. Also catching the attention of the internet was newcomer Oricoro, a dancing bird with different styles depending on which island you’re on. As one Tumblr user pointed out, these winged twirlers are “divas.”
But most of the fanfare, controversy, and memes have been about Exeggutor’s new look. The stomping sack of egg coconuts sitting on top of a tree has gone from what some would call a thicc chode to needle dick. It has also gone from being grass/psychic type to grass/dragon.
We aren’t quite sure how effective the new Exeggutor will be in battle, especially considering it’s going to be completely fucked by an ice-type, since both grass and dragon are weak to the chill, but at least the jokes are fire. Most of them, of course, slam its pencil-dick-neck look.
Here are some of the best we’ve come across:
Well, you can’t say this guy didn’t make an entrance.
WATCH MORE: Our beginner’s guide to Pokémon GO:
Gabe Bergado is a Daily Dot alumnus who covered dank memes, teens, and the weirdest corners of the Internet. One time, Ted Cruz supporters turned him into a meme—or at least tried to. In 2017, he started reporting for Teen Vogue's entertainment section.