- Game developer Chucklefish accused of whitewashing characters of color Monday 5:22 PM
- Apple TV’s ‘Hala’ is a silent explosion of a coming-of-age film Monday 5:20 PM
- This new video game apparently lets you play Jesus Monday 4:02 PM
- Golden toilet creator sells world’s most expensive banana—only for another artist to eat it Monday 3:24 PM
- This new Chinese video game lets players attack Hong Kong protesters Monday 3:05 PM
- These TikTok videos that recreate NPC interactions from Skyrim are honestly incredible Monday 2:40 PM
- John Legend defends pro-consent ‘Baby It’s Cold Outside’ lyrics Monday 2:38 PM
- Video shows UC Berkeley student using racial slurs, making homophobic comments Monday 2:36 PM
- New video reveals Brother Nature instigated sandwich shop fight Monday 2:06 PM
- Lizzo’s thong dress breaks the internet Monday 1:25 PM
- Pixel Buds 2 or Apple AirPods 2: Which are right for you? Monday 1:09 PM
- It’s 2019: Make your holiday cards online, for free this year Monday 12:47 PM
- Fighting over the ‘Marriage Story’ fight scene becomes a meme Monday 12:41 PM
- ‘Trump is innocent!’: InfoWars correspondent interrupts impeachment hearing Monday 12:12 PM
- Video shows runner smacking reporter’s butt on live TV Monday 11:46 AM
Pokémon fans are roasting Exeggutor’s ridiculous new form
Pokémon are forever.
Whenever there’s been news about the upcoming Nintendo 3DS games, jokes have followed. The internet roasted new water-type starter Popplio and was obsessed with the Pokémon that looks like Donald Trump. And on Monday, we got another teaser for Sun and Moon that feature some new pocket monsters, along with the Alola versions of some classic favorites.
Lots of people were loving the ice-type forms for Vulpix and Sandshrew, two of the original 151 Pokémon. Also catching the attention of the internet was newcomer Oricoro, a dancing bird with different styles depending on which island you’re on. As one Tumblr user pointed out, these winged twirlers are “divas.”
But most of the fanfare, controversy, and memes have been about Exeggutor’s new look. The stomping sack of egg coconuts sitting on top of a tree has gone from what some would call a thicc chode to needle dick. It has also gone from being grass/psychic type to grass/dragon.
We aren’t quite sure how effective the new Exeggutor will be in battle, especially considering it’s going to be completely fucked by an ice-type, since both grass and dragon are weak to the chill, but at least the jokes are fire. Most of them, of course, slam its pencil-dick-neck look.
Here are some of the best we’ve come across:
Well, you can’t say this guy didn’t make an entrance.
WATCH MORE: Our beginner’s guide to Pokémon GO:
Gabe Bergado is a Daily Dot alumnus who covered dank memes, teens, and the weirdest corners of the Internet. One time, Ted Cruz supporters turned him into a meme—or at least tried to. In 2017, he started reporting for Teen Vogue's entertainment section.