- Get your tinker on with the Electronic Games Advent Calendar 2 Years Ago
- Why Joe Biden has big Jeb Bush energy 2 Years Ago
- Trump quotes conspiracy theorist saying he’s the ‘second coming of God’ Today 9:04 AM
- Parkland teens announce massive gun reform proposal Today 9:04 AM
- Here’s how you can get a free palm reading online Today 8:48 AM
- ‘The Matrix 4’ is happening with Keanu Reeves and Carrie-Anne Moss Today 7:17 AM
- Fantasy football 2019: Your team-by-team NFC preview Today 7:00 AM
- The 10 best science podcasts to teach you about our world Today 6:00 AM
- How to make sure you have access to every Instagram filter Today 6:00 AM
- Trump accuses Jewish Democrats of having ‘great disloyalty’ or a ‘lack of knowledge’ Tuesday 8:02 PM
- 1 million ‘anonymous’ users of popular porn site exposed in breach Tuesday 6:56 PM
- Khloé Kardashian angers followers with a calorie-counting joke about True Tuesday 6:14 PM
- Spider-Man may no longer be part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe Tuesday 5:28 PM
- Robert De Niro’s company is suing ex-employee for binge-watching Netflix at work Tuesday 4:41 PM
- Intentionally misgendering a character could get you banned from Borderlands 3 Tuesday 4:06 PM
William Carlos Williams’ famous poem about eating someone else’s plums, This Is Just To Say, became a popular meme in the last year. People replaced the word plums with other nouns, such as Doritos, Soylent Bars, and Xanax. Now, people are inserting the lines of This Is Just To Say into song lyrics. It’s a meme that evolved from another meme!
How about some plums with a little bit of Mambo Number 5 on the side?
a little bit of cold plums in my life— thom (@thwphipps) November 28, 2017
a little bit of icebox by my side
a little bit of breakfast is what you need
a little bit of forgiveness, what I seek
a little bit of delicious, thats those plums
a little bit of sweet plums all night long
a little bit of cold plums here I am
Weezer’s Say It Ain’t So already features the word ‘icebox,’ so the song was a perfect fit for this meme.
somebody's sweet plums— merritt k (@merrittk) November 27, 2017
are crowding my icebox
somebody's cold plums
are giving me chills
The version of Backstreet Boys’ I Want It That Way sounds like a great karaoke song.
Plums are my fire— Meghan McCarron (@megmccarron) November 29, 2017
The sweet desire
This is just to say
I want it that way
Tell me why
You left them in the ice box
Tell me why
Like a henhouse and I’m the fox
Tell me why
I ate them anyway
Because I want it that way
This one is pretty Smooth.
Man, it's a cold one— K Schroeds (@kbschroedy) November 28, 2017
Like seven inches from the icebox plums
How about some Vanilla Ice plums?
Yo, forgive me, let’s kick it!— Jenny Jaffe (@jennyjaffe) November 28, 2017
Ice box baby
Ice box baby
All right stop
Collaborate I have eaten
All the plums that had been in the ice box
They were so cold, sweet, and delicious
You were probably saving them for breakfast
Plums work with Carly Rae Jepsen.
HEY i just met you— Your Trusted Wizard (@Choplogik) November 28, 2017
and this is CRAzy
but the plums in the icebox
i ate them maybe
And Alanis Morissette.
and i'm here— thom (@thwphipps) November 29, 2017
to remind you
of the mess you made when you ate my plums
its not fair
to deny me
of the plums i put in the icebox for breakfast
Hey, someone even threw The Beatles a bone!
Blackbird singing in the dead of night— Sean T. Collins (@theseantcollins) November 29, 2017
Take these breakfast plums and learn to eat
All your life
You were only waiting for a meal this cold and sweet
And some people are referencing the meme in the meme.
This is Just to Say— Jeremy Noel-Tod (@jntod) November 29, 2017
which you have
William Carlos Williams would be proud. We think.
Tiffany Kelly is the Unclick editor at Daily Dot. Previously, she worked at Ars Technica and Wired. Her writing has appeared in several other print and online publications, including the Los Angeles Times, Popular Mechanics, and GQ.