- Twitter unites in collective confusion over ‘Democrats for Trump’ trending Saturday 2:28 PM
- YouTube star tweets and deletes video of his Black cousin ‘Peanut’ acting as a stool Saturday 1:04 PM
- The ‘Do you wash your legs in the shower’ debate has now escalated to feet Saturday 12:20 PM
- Donald Trump posted a world-class golf score, and the internet laughs at him Saturday 10:46 AM
- Lili Reinhart dragged the ‘Game of Thrones’ petition, sparking debate about TV and ‘fan service’ Saturday 9:42 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 152 for free Saturday 8:00 AM
- People keep calling the ‘Game of Thrones’ creators by their initials—and it’s confusing D&D players Saturday 8:00 AM
- After infidelity and abuse accusations, ProJared said his wife wanted an open marriage Saturday 7:40 AM
- ‘Jailbirds’ prioritizes petty drama over insight Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to stream Deontay Wilder vs. Dominic Breazeale for free Saturday 7:00 AM
- How to live stream Josh Taylor vs. Ivan Baranchyk on DAZN Saturday 6:00 AM
- Kim Kardashian West reveals her and Kanye’s 4th child is named Psalm Friday 6:38 PM
- Tan France and Alexa Chung are hosting Netflix’s first fashion show Friday 5:42 PM
- Nonprofit groups express concern with pop-up abortion networks Friday 5:06 PM
- Pet owners mourn Grumpy Cat with photos of their own grumpy pets Friday 4:41 PM
Looking to catch up on the most buzzworthy Pinterest stories of the week? These two experts will bring you up to speed.
Have you noticed a significant gain or loss in your follower count on Pinterest? It’s not anything you’re doing differently; it’s a new change in the Pinterest algorithm that will soon pave the way for some long-awaited features.
Lauren wrote about interviewing Christine Martinez, the tenth most followed person on Pinterest. Interested in becoming a power pinner? We talk about to what Martinez attributes her own success.
There are hundreds of Pinterest clones out there, so when Josh highlights one, you can expect that it stands out from the crowd. Hipswap bills itself as Craigslist for the Pinterest set.
Pinterest’s stickiness is one of its greatest strengths, but can a network be too sticky? Here we discuss the difficulties other sites, especially news sites, have getting pinners to click pins.
On the same topic, Josh points out that with or without click-throughs, it’s highly beneficial for businesses to have a presence on Pinterest. Here’s why.
To finish the week off on the lighter side, Lauren shares an Applebees advertising campaign that tells women they’re spending too much time on Pinterest. Good advice or just sexism? Here’s what we think.
Want to watch the episode all at once? Visit our playlist here.
Photo via YouTube
Lauren Rae Orsini is a web culture reporter who specializes in anime and the business of fandom. Her work has been published by Forbes and Business Insider.