- Am I overreacting to a Facebook message from a dating app match? 5 Years Ago
- Buttigieg, Klobuchar come together to laugh at Bloomberg Wednesday 10:29 PM
- Bernie Sanders calls Bloomberg’s wealth ‘grotesque’ to his face Wednesday 9:53 PM
- Angry Bloomberg asks debate moderators if he’s ‘chicken liver’ Wednesday 9:29 PM
- Elizabeth Warren savages everyone else’s healthcare plan Wednesday 9:07 PM
- K-Pop stans help push ‘Pooping for Kaitlin’ hashtag mocking Kent State gun girl Wednesday 8:54 PM
- Fans speculate after learning Pop Smoke posted address prior to fatal home invasion Wednesday 8:11 PM
- Jar of human tongues found in Florida has people shook Wednesday 6:39 PM
- Video of Blueface teaching Obama lookalike to dance is turning heads Wednesday 5:58 PM
- ‘No one has the range’ for this meme Wednesday 5:21 PM
- Mom confronts man who followed daughter through grocery store in viral video Wednesday 5:05 PM
- Major study linking vaping to heart attacks gets retracted Wednesday 4:36 PM
- George Zimmerman is suing Pete Buttigieg, Elizabeth Warren Wednesday 2:55 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Horse Girl’ accused of ripping off 2017 indie film Wednesday 2:52 PM
- The Genyus Network is a safe social space for stroke survivors Wednesday 2:20 PM
If it weren’t for the fact that this phone’s brand is never mentioned, we’d suspect this video were a nifty piece of viral marketing.
YouTube user Gregory Halpin caught this footage when his brother (inexplicably) tried to throw his cell phone to him while swimming in the ocean. His brother missed and the phone fell into the water, but astonishingly, it survived. It even kept filming all the way down to its resting place on the ocean floor.
Since neither Halpin nor his brother were experienced divers, the owner of their boat offered to swim down and retrieve the cellphone, which amazingly survived unscathed.
That is one resilient phone. And to think some gadgets can’t even survive being dropped on the bathroom floor.Photo via Asep.saefulloh/Wikimedia (CC BY-SA 3.0)
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor