- Kentucky food truck repurposes ‘LGBTQ’ to support Trump, BBQ Tuesday 8:47 PM
- Trump complains about his Twitter follower count to Jack Dorsey Tuesday 6:34 PM
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’ sticks the devastating landing—and gives you time to grieve Tuesday 5:00 PM
- Teen hits Apple with $1 billion lawsuit over alleged face recognition arrest Tuesday 4:48 PM
- John Cornyn tried to attack Patton Oswalt for his old tweets and failed miserably Tuesday 4:29 PM
- Logan Paul is selling a pillow of his dead dog—for a good cause Tuesday 4:04 PM
- Study: Too much Netflix, not enough ‘chill’ Tuesday 3:36 PM
- Pete Buttigieg under fire for saying incarcerated Americans shouldn’t be allowed to vote Tuesday 2:54 PM
- Vine’s co-founder is beta testing a new app called Byte Tuesday 2:51 PM
- Report: Joe Biden’s first 2020 fundraiser will be with a Comcast executive Tuesday 2:49 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Sabrina’ appears to have an art-copying problem (updated) Tuesday 2:47 PM
- People are crying over these cats’ window-sill romance Tuesday 2:27 PM
- The ‘I’m baby’ meme is all about being comforted Tuesday 2:24 PM
- Parody video totally nails what men are like on Tinder Tuesday 1:57 PM
- Twitch star AriLove latest woman to be arbitrarily banned for ‘sexually suggestive’ attire Tuesday 1:47 PM
We all had a good laugh at the Australian teen who dropped his new iPhone on live TV, but that’s nothing compared to the ignominy of having lost it to the commode. Such an accident confirms the dirty truth we try not to think about: that everyone surfs the Web while shitting.
Damn! My iphone 6 just flushed in the toilet bowl 😕
— muhayat (@muhayat_nurIman) September 21, 2014
Jada just got the IPhone 6 today and she deadass dropped it in the toilet
— Katelyn Burchfield (@katelyn_burchh) September 21, 2014
omg my friend dropped her brand new iphone 6 in the toilet…..
— Kae (@stevenyeuns) September 20, 2014
My little brother has to be the first dumbass to drop the iPhone 6 in the toilet
— Spanky (@Spanky_MOB) September 20, 2014
— Frank Ojeda (@ucladodgerdog) September 19, 2014
Idk which is worst, the guy who dropped his iPhone 6 or me dropping phone in the toilet while it’s flushing.
— Diana (@Ghanaa_Made) September 19, 2014
First day I get the iPhone 6 I drop it in the toilet. 😐
— michael (@michael_43_) September 20, 2014
I literally just dropped the iPhone 6 in the toilet and it survived…
— michelleur* (@edminthesun) September 21, 2014
These reports more or less confirmed various predictions.
Summary of my wife’s first day with her iPhone 6: my daughter hasn’t put it in the toilet yet. Will update again tomorrow.
— Dan Benjamin (@danbenjamin) September 21, 2014
iPhone 6 more slippery than iPhone 5. Beware when texting or tweeting on the toilet seat.
— Pierre (@_Pierre_) September 21, 2014
Some drunk sorority girl will drop her iPhone 6+ in the toilet tonight and have another one by Tuesday
— G-Buck (@djgbuck) September 20, 2014
bravery is using this iPhone 6 on the toilet #noinsurance
— chance hr higgins (@horseribs) September 21, 2014
@JoshK_ the iphone 6 was proven in studies to increase time spent on the toilet by up to 65%
— Alex Gebert (@A_GEB) September 20, 2014
Other people seem to be dropping old phones in the toilet on purpose, just so they’ll have an excuse to shell out a few hundred bucks for a newer model.
got drunk and dropped my phone in a toilet, iPhone 6 here I come😊
— Kristy Ann (@KristyNazario12) September 14, 2014
Dropped my iPhone 5s in the toilet last night before the iPhone 6 went on sale. What a coincidence. 😜 pic.twitter.com/RCIbJrX8Ik
— John Benavidez (@ProfBenavidez) September 12, 2014
My sister dropped her phone in the toilet and now she is getting the iPhone 6 the day it comes out:’)
— Mo (@that1chick_mo_) September 15, 2014
I may or may not get the iPhone 6 bc I dropped my phone in the toilet
— raina (@RainaWants5SOS) September 21, 2014
ok i rly want the iphone 6 now . i’m debating whether to throw my phone against a wall or flush it down the toilet
— ✦ (@direfuls) September 15, 2014
I guess dropping your phone in the toilet has its perks… Proud owner of the iPhone 6 ☺️
— Morgan Ryle (@morgan_ryle) September 20, 2014
Of course, there’s more than one way to break your fabulous status symbol.
These poor souls, anyone else already crack their iPhone 6 screen? pic.twitter.com/YbzOMzjIR5
— Jailbreak Matrix (@JailbreakMatrix) September 20, 2014
iPhone 6.. Cracked screen it ain’t even 24hrs. 😫 pic.twitter.com/RTG8FDdjiy
— Travis (@Devastation) September 19, 2014
— Adam Riesenfeld (@adamriesenfeld) September 21, 2014
My face when David broke his iPhone 6 pic.twitter.com/PiFfLjxuUd
— superman (@OsmarCantu) September 21, 2014
At the party I went to a girl had a new iPhone 6 in her pocket and somebody pushed her into the pool, the phone hit the bottom and broke👀
— molly (@arianasgaIaxy) September 21, 2014
Oh, well—it’s about time to line up for the iPhone 7 anyway.
Miles Klee is a novelist and web culture reporter. The former editor of the Daily Dot’s Unclick section, Klee’s essays, satire, and fiction have appeared in Lapham’s Quarterly, Vanity Fair, 3:AM, Salon, the Awl, the New York Observer, the Millions, and the Village Voice. He's the author of two odd books of fiction, 'Ivyland' and 'True False.'