- ‘Eat Them To Defeat Them’ is oddly about vegetables—not about eating the rich 5 Years Ago
- Marco Rubio mocked for filming talking while driving socialism critique 5 Years Ago
- QAnon believer asks Trump’s campaign press secretary who Q is Today 2:36 PM
- Octavia Spencer has discovered ‘Ma’ memes—and she can’t get enough Today 2:09 PM
- Meet the anti-Greta Thunberg, a climate ‘skeptic’ funded by the oil industry Today 1:12 PM
- Harvey Weinstein convicted of rape and sexual assault Today 12:56 PM
- Senator calls Facebook’s current election disinformation efforts ‘inadequate’ in letter Today 12:11 PM
- The Phillie Phanatic mascot unveils a slimmer makeover Today 11:56 AM
- YouTuber threatened with arrest after rapping about being a girl from Mecca Today 11:55 AM
- Video shows flat-Earther ‘daredevil’ crashing to death after homemade rocket fails Today 11:49 AM
- Cardi B defends Dwyane Wade’s daughter during Instagram Live Today 11:45 AM
- YouTube briefly shuts down beloved ‘lofi hip hop radio’ channel, launching a new meme Today 11:42 AM
- Neil deGrasse Tyson points out that Elsa from ‘Frozen’ has ‘horse-sized eyeballs’ Today 10:58 AM
- Republicans as Sanders rises: Watch out, we may vote for Trump Today 10:54 AM
- Amazon series ‘Hunters’ criticized by Auschwitz Memorial over fictionalized scene Today 10:45 AM
So many people have already dropped their iPhone 6 in the toilet
We all had a good laugh at the Australian teen who dropped his new iPhone on live TV, but that’s nothing compared to the ignominy of having lost it to the commode. Such an accident confirms the dirty truth we try not to think about: that everyone surfs the Web while shitting.
Damn! My iphone 6 just flushed in the toilet bowl 😕
— muhayat (@muhayat_nurIman) September 21, 2014
Jada just got the IPhone 6 today and she deadass dropped it in the toilet
— Katelyn Burchfield (@katelyn_burchh) September 21, 2014
omg my friend dropped her brand new iphone 6 in the toilet…..
— Kae (@stevenyeuns) September 20, 2014
My little brother has to be the first dumbass to drop the iPhone 6 in the toilet
— Spanky (@Spanky_MOB) September 20, 2014
— Frank Ojeda (@ucladodgerdog) September 19, 2014
Idk which is worst, the guy who dropped his iPhone 6 or me dropping phone in the toilet while it’s flushing.
— Diana (@Ghanaa_Made) September 19, 2014
First day I get the iPhone 6 I drop it in the toilet. 😐
— michael (@michael_43_) September 20, 2014
I literally just dropped the iPhone 6 in the toilet and it survived…
— michelleur* (@edminthesun) September 21, 2014
These reports more or less confirmed various predictions.
Summary of my wife’s first day with her iPhone 6: my daughter hasn’t put it in the toilet yet. Will update again tomorrow.
— Dan Benjamin (@danbenjamin) September 21, 2014
iPhone 6 more slippery than iPhone 5. Beware when texting or tweeting on the toilet seat.
— Pierre (@_Pierre_) September 21, 2014
Some drunk sorority girl will drop her iPhone 6+ in the toilet tonight and have another one by Tuesday
— G-Buck (@djgbuck) September 20, 2014
bravery is using this iPhone 6 on the toilet #noinsurance
— chance hr higgins (@horseribs) September 21, 2014
@JoshK_ the iphone 6 was proven in studies to increase time spent on the toilet by up to 65%
— Alex Gebert (@A_GEB) September 20, 2014
Other people seem to be dropping old phones in the toilet on purpose, just so they’ll have an excuse to shell out a few hundred bucks for a newer model.
got drunk and dropped my phone in a toilet, iPhone 6 here I come😊
— Kristy Ann (@KristyNazario12) September 14, 2014
Dropped my iPhone 5s in the toilet last night before the iPhone 6 went on sale. What a coincidence. 😜 pic.twitter.com/RCIbJrX8Ik
— John Benavidez (@ProfBenavidez) September 12, 2014
My sister dropped her phone in the toilet and now she is getting the iPhone 6 the day it comes out:’)
— Mo (@that1chick_mo_) September 15, 2014
I may or may not get the iPhone 6 bc I dropped my phone in the toilet
— raina (@RainaWants5SOS) September 21, 2014
ok i rly want the iphone 6 now . i’m debating whether to throw my phone against a wall or flush it down the toilet
— ✦ (@direfuls) September 15, 2014
I guess dropping your phone in the toilet has its perks… Proud owner of the iPhone 6 ☺️
— Morgan Ryle (@morgan_ryle) September 20, 2014
Of course, there’s more than one way to break your fabulous status symbol.
These poor souls, anyone else already crack their iPhone 6 screen? pic.twitter.com/YbzOMzjIR5
— Jailbreak Matrix (@JailbreakMatrix) September 20, 2014
iPhone 6.. Cracked screen it ain’t even 24hrs. 😫 pic.twitter.com/RTG8FDdjiy
— Travis (@Devastation) September 19, 2014
— Adam Riesenfeld (@adamriesenfeld) September 21, 2014
My face when David broke his iPhone 6 pic.twitter.com/PiFfLjxuUd
— superman (@OsmarCantu) September 21, 2014
At the party I went to a girl had a new iPhone 6 in her pocket and somebody pushed her into the pool, the phone hit the bottom and broke👀
— molly (@arianasgaIaxy) September 21, 2014
Oh, well—it’s about time to line up for the iPhone 7 anyway.
Miles Klee is a novelist and web culture reporter. The former editor of the Daily Dot’s Unclick section, Klee’s essays, satire, and fiction have appeared in Lapham’s Quarterly, Vanity Fair, 3:AM, Salon, the Awl, the New York Observer, the Millions, and the Village Voice. He's the author of two odd books of fiction, 'Ivyland' and 'True False.'