- Fan uncovers ‘Westworld’ trailers hidden on fictional company’s website Sunday 8:18 PM
- This trending Twitter hashtag is a lot less sexy than you think Sunday 7:23 PM
- TikTok users share life-changing realizations they’ve had while in the shower Sunday 7:04 PM
- People are torn over viral TikTok of girl cleaning friend’s room Sunday 4:01 PM
- Did Pete Buttigieg seriously just rip-off a famous Obama speech? Sunday 2:50 PM
- The most dangerous TikTok challenges we’ve seen—so far Sunday 2:22 PM
- PewDiePie wants Bernie Sanders to host meme review Sunday 1:44 PM
- Hilary Duff records confrontation with ‘creep’ taking photos of kids Sunday 1:08 PM
- BTS may have used Twitch streamer’s voice in song without permission Sunday 12:15 PM
- Gigi Hadid absolutely obliterates Jake Paul over Zayn Malik diss Sunday 10:26 AM
- People really want Chris Matthews fired after he compared Sanders’ Nevada win to Nazi invasion of France Sunday 9:35 AM
- Bernie Sanders wins Nevada Caucuses Saturday 6:54 PM
- MSNBC is out of its mind over Sanders leading Nevada Saturday 5:20 PM
- Kim Kardashian dragged for using makeup to darken her hands Saturday 4:13 PM
- TikTok users show how they turned their vehicles into incredible tiny homes Saturday 3:44 PM
As yet another passing year draws to a close, people have a natural tendency to ruminate and reflect on the previous 12 months of their lives while preparing to start the new year afresh. And for those keeping track, today, Jan. 30, just so happens to be the 364th day of 2019—which is what we have to thank for the “page 364 of 365” meme circulating on Twitter.
At the risk of putting too fine a point on it, it’s almost as if the past year has been like a book. And as both readers and scribes of our own constant works in progress, we have now come to the very last page of the last chapter. Depending on the year (or in this case, decade) an individual has had, this milestone may come as a welcome conclusion, bittersweet ending, or even just a fresh start.
As such, many are taking the “page 364 of 365” meme as a well-deserved reason to give ourselves—or those around us—a pep talk as we head into 2020.
“Page 364 of 365,” wrote user @incorrectmonx, as just one example. “Change can be scary, but you know what’s scarier? allowing fear to stop you from growing, evolving, and progressing,” they continued. “In 2019, we’ve fought a lot of silent battles and shed many tears. let’s start a new journey full with happiness in 2020.”
page 364 of 365— incorrect monsta x (@incorrectmonx) December 30, 2019
change can be scary, but you know what’s scarier? allowing fear to stop you from growing, evolving, and progressing.
in 2019, we’ve fought a lot of silent battles and shed many tears. let’s start a new journey full with happiness in 2020❤️
Words we can all choose to live by! Others expressed similar sentiments with the “page 364 of 365” meme.
Page 364 of 365 ... 2020 it’s the beginning of a new book with new chapters and stories and lessons 😍 #2020 pic.twitter.com/H5LmJb0FE4— iLOVEFRiDAY (@ilovefridaymusi) December 30, 2019
Page 364 of 365.— James Castillo ❄️ (@jamesvoltaire18) December 30, 2019
thank you for all the lessons and pain, i’m stronger now, i hope 2020 will be full of pure happiness and blessings. ❄️
Page 364 of 365— Sofia Exconde (@SofiaExconde) December 29, 2019
will be the best year ever
let's claim it ✨
And then there were those who chose to use the “page 364 of 365” meme as a sort of cautionary tale of lessons learned (perhaps the hard way) in 2019.
“Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option,” tweeted user @johnerckret, presumably to someone out there who probably needs to hear it.
page 364 of 365— ᗴᖇᏆᑕᏦ (@johnerckret) December 30, 2019
ⁿᵉᵛᵉʳ ᵃˡˡᵒʷ ˢᵒᵐᵉᵒⁿᵉ ᵗᵒ ᵇᵉ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵖʳⁱᵒʳⁱᵗʸ ʷʰⁱˡᵉ ᵃˡˡᵒʷⁱⁿᵍ ʸᵒᵘʳˢᵉˡᶠ ᵗᵒ ᵇᵉ ᵗʰᵉⁱʳ ᵒᵖᵗⁱᵒⁿ
page 364 of 365 :— nisaa (@Nisanadira_) December 29, 2019
2019 isn't my year . a lot of memories has been created <3 . 2019 , i got so much heartbreak , people come and go , broken relationship , toxic friend , toxic people , toxic relationship , fake friend and backstabber . i hope 2020 is better than 2019 <3 .
Page 364 of 365.— Erks (@SupergirlErks) December 30, 2019
2019 was a hard year!!!
I fought many silent battles.
Wiped my own tears and survived.
I am ready to close my book...
Page 364 of 365.— Anep Ekal (@hanifhaiqall) December 30, 2019
- Forget those who forget you.
- Leave those who doesn't care.
- Ignore those who lie to you.
- Don't mind those who can't even talk to you.
- Block all those who cannot appreciate you.
Page 364 of 365.— JB (@Jxy_B) December 30, 2019
Maybe we weren't meant to be together?
Ouch. If you have to ask, then you definitely weren’t meant to be together. On the upside, the sequel can only get better, right??
Stacey Ritzen is a reporter and editor based in West Philadelphia with over 10 years' experience covering pop culture, web culture, entertainment, and news. You can follow her on Twitter @staceyritzen.