- Review: ‘Next in Fashion’ is Netflix’s latest attempt at reality TV 4 Weeks Ago
- What is Byte, and can it really compete with TikTok? 4 Weeks Ago
- Migrants are under social media surveillance—and that’s a problem for everyone Today 6:00 AM
- Gabrielle Union deserves better from Terry Crews Tuesday 11:12 PM
- T.I. publicly apologizes to daughters after Kobe Bryant’s death Tuesday 8:46 PM
- ‘Squash the boss’: Labor union seemingly unknowingly posted furry fetish art Tuesday 8:04 PM
- TikTok user pretending to be lab technician who has contracted coronavirus Tuesday 7:08 PM
- Caroline Calloway says she plans to campaign for Bernie Sanders Tuesday 6:23 PM
- Justin Bieber, Snoop Dogg, millions of others sign petition to make Kobe Bryant new NBA logo Tuesday 5:39 PM
- No, Lana Del Rey did not cry because Billie Eilish won album of the year Tuesday 4:48 PM
- People are exposing their eyeballs to phone flash for this TikTok challenge Tuesday 3:55 PM
- Watch Mike Bloomberg try to shake a dog’s mouth Tuesday 3:41 PM
- ‘Rey who?’ is the funniest meme to emerge from ‘The Rise of Skywalker’ Tuesday 3:30 PM
- AI beat the CDC to the punch on coronavirus warnings Tuesday 3:21 PM
- What exactly is a ‘large boulder the size of a small boulder’? Tuesday 2:49 PM
As yet another passing year draws to a close, people have a natural tendency to ruminate and reflect on the previous 12 months of their lives while preparing to start the new year afresh. And for those keeping track, today, Jan. 30, just so happens to be the 364th day of 2019—which is what we have to thank for the “page 364 of 365” meme circulating on Twitter.
At the risk of putting too fine a point on it, it’s almost as if the past year has been like a book. And as both readers and scribes of our own constant works in progress, we have now come to the very last page of the last chapter. Depending on the year (or in this case, decade) an individual has had, this milestone may come as a welcome conclusion, bittersweet ending, or even just a fresh start.
As such, many are taking the “page 364 of 365” meme as a well-deserved reason to give ourselves—or those around us—a pep talk as we head into 2020.
“Page 364 of 365,” wrote user @incorrectmonx, as just one example. “Change can be scary, but you know what’s scarier? allowing fear to stop you from growing, evolving, and progressing,” they continued. “In 2019, we’ve fought a lot of silent battles and shed many tears. let’s start a new journey full with happiness in 2020.”
page 364 of 365— incorrect monsta x (@incorrectmonx) December 30, 2019
change can be scary, but you know what’s scarier? allowing fear to stop you from growing, evolving, and progressing.
in 2019, we’ve fought a lot of silent battles and shed many tears. let’s start a new journey full with happiness in 2020❤️
Words we can all choose to live by! Others expressed similar sentiments with the “page 364 of 365” meme.
Page 364 of 365 ... 2020 it’s the beginning of a new book with new chapters and stories and lessons 😍 #2020 pic.twitter.com/H5LmJb0FE4— iLOVEFRiDAY (@ilovefridaymusi) December 30, 2019
Page 364 of 365.— James Castillo ❄️ (@jamesvoltaire18) December 30, 2019
thank you for all the lessons and pain, i’m stronger now, i hope 2020 will be full of pure happiness and blessings. ❄️
Page 364 of 365— Sofia Exconde (@SofiaExconde) December 29, 2019
will be the best year ever
let's claim it ✨
And then there were those who chose to use the “page 364 of 365” meme as a sort of cautionary tale of lessons learned (perhaps the hard way) in 2019.
“Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option,” tweeted user @johnerckret, presumably to someone out there who probably needs to hear it.
page 364 of 365— ᗴᖇᏆᑕᏦ (@johnerckret) December 30, 2019
ⁿᵉᵛᵉʳ ᵃˡˡᵒʷ ˢᵒᵐᵉᵒⁿᵉ ᵗᵒ ᵇᵉ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵖʳⁱᵒʳⁱᵗʸ ʷʰⁱˡᵉ ᵃˡˡᵒʷⁱⁿᵍ ʸᵒᵘʳˢᵉˡᶠ ᵗᵒ ᵇᵉ ᵗʰᵉⁱʳ ᵒᵖᵗⁱᵒⁿ
page 364 of 365 :— nisaa (@Nisanadira_) December 29, 2019
2019 isn't my year . a lot of memories has been created <3 . 2019 , i got so much heartbreak , people come and go , broken relationship , toxic friend , toxic people , toxic relationship , fake friend and backstabber . i hope 2020 is better than 2019 <3 .
Page 364 of 365.— Erks (@SupergirlErks) December 30, 2019
2019 was a hard year!!!
I fought many silent battles.
Wiped my own tears and survived.
I am ready to close my book...
Page 364 of 365.— Anep Ekal (@hanifhaiqall) December 30, 2019
- Forget those who forget you.
- Leave those who doesn't care.
- Ignore those who lie to you.
- Don't mind those who can't even talk to you.
- Block all those who cannot appreciate you.
Page 364 of 365.— JB (@Jxy_B) December 30, 2019
Maybe we weren't meant to be together?
Ouch. If you have to ask, then you definitely weren’t meant to be together. On the upside, the sequel can only get better, right??
Stacey Ritzen is a reporter and editor based in West Philadelphia with over 10 years' experience covering pop culture, web culture, entertainment, and news. You can follow her on Twitter @staceyritzen.