- Roger Stone to publicly apologize for spreading lies on InfoWars 10 Months Ago
- Netflix true crime series ‘The Innocent Man’ is a missed opportunity 10 Months Ago
- What can we learn from Ivanka Trump’s private email server? 10 Months Ago
- How to watch National Geographic online for free 10 Months Ago
- Bongo Cat proves that the internet still loves cats Today 7:00 AM
- Organize your life with the 10 best free calendar apps Today 6:00 AM
- How many devices can you stream YouTube TV with at once? Today 6:00 AM
- Watch Tiffany Pollard sell the sh*t out of Fenty Beauty makeup Monday 8:05 PM
- Speech pathologist sues Texas school district for right to boycott Israel Monday 5:25 PM
- ‘Fresh Prince’ actor sues Fortnite developer for using the Carlton dance Monday 4:40 PM
- 3D-printed head fools Android facial recognition Monday 3:01 PM
- FCC finally releases emails on Ajit Pai’s ‘Harlem Shake’ video Monday 2:33 PM
- Wall Street Journal website hacked with ‘apology’ to PewDiePie Monday 1:26 PM
- YouTube star James Charles feels ‘unsafe’ after home address leaks Monday 12:28 PM
- Jordan Peterson claims he’s building an alternative to Patreon Monday 12:19 PM
Twitter mocks ‘Shape of Water’ Oscar winner for his short sleeves
And the Oscar goes to… pic.twitter.com/YtbAxcMmEP
— The Academy (@TheAcademy) March 5, 2018
Shane Vieau, who won the award with fellow set decorator Jeffrey A. Melvin and production designer Paul Denham Austerberry, rolled up to the stage wearing sunglasses, a pair of Adidas sneakers, and a jacket that looked a little too short in the arms. He may have simply pushed up the sleeves—but the internet couldn’t resist an opportunity to roast Vieau.
There were quite a few “now he’ll be able to afford sleeves” jokes.
This guy won an academy award and now he’ll be able to afford sleeves pic.twitter.com/ZerjGRV21i
— Steve Agee (@steveagee) March 5, 2018
— TODD SPENCE (@Todd_Spence) March 5, 2018
Missing: Jacket sleeves?
“if ANYONE has seen the rest of my sleeves PLEASE find me after the show” pic.twitter.com/unLPAeEiZg
— real elon musk (see: blue check) (@ShutUpAndrosky) March 5, 2018
Just a note: Dude is Canadian; the exchange rate for tuxedo sleeves is in effect pic.twitter.com/7o4F6tdVVm
— Joe Warminsky (@jwarminsky) March 5, 2018
— Fortune Feimster (@fortunefunny) March 5, 2018
— Lights, Camera, Podcast (@LightsCameraPod) March 5, 2018
It looks like this is the first Oscar meme of the night.
Tiffany Kelly is the Unclick editor at Daily Dot. Previously, she worked at Ars Technica and Wired. Her writing has appeared in several other print and online publications, including the Los Angeles Times, Popular Mechanics, and GQ.