- The atonement of an alt-right troll Today 9:25 AM
- #StopTheBans protests draw thousands across the country in support of abortion rights Today 9:24 AM
- North Korea is using Trump’s low IQ attack on Joe Biden Today 9:14 AM
- How to watch ‘Kidding’ for free Today 8:00 AM
- What’s the deal with Bran Stark at the end of ‘Game of Thrones’? Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch TruTV online for free Today 6:00 AM
- Fans call out Madonna for edited Eurovision video Tuesday 9:36 PM
- Partnered Twitch streamer temporarily banned for airing troll’s racist message Tuesday 8:45 PM
- Reddit theory says fans are wrong about who won ‘Game of Thrones’ Tuesday 6:52 PM
- Elon Musk hires ‘absolute unit’ sheep meme creator to be Tesla’s social media manager Tuesday 6:12 PM
- Jason Momoa stands by his Khaleesi after the ‘Game of Thrones’ finale Tuesday 4:05 PM
- Airbnb, 23andMe partner for creepy heritage travel recommendations Tuesday 3:26 PM
- Rep. Katie Porter goes viral again for trouncing Ben Carson (updated) Tuesday 3:26 PM
- This deepfake takes Bill Hader’s Schwarzenegger impression to the next level Tuesday 2:58 PM
- Wanda Sykes rails against Trump and offers much-needed perspective in ‘Not Normal’ Tuesday 2:41 PM
I’m gonna horse my horse to the old town horse.
The original song (and video), by Lil Nas X, was already pretty heavy in the horse department. In fact, the full name of the song is “Old Town Road (I Got The Horses In The Back)” but YouTube sound artist KNOH decided to take things to their natural horsey conclusion by sampling horse sounds and remaking the entire song.
“I decided to remake Old Town Road by Lil Nas using only horses samples!” he says in the video description “Horses are surprisingly musical.”
We’ll let you be the judge of that.
If this all isn’t odd enough for you, the video also features the artist making a bunch of horse puns using an ASMR voice.
A quick look through his channel reveals KNOH’s passion for this kind of remake. For instance, he made a version of “Flossin” using only dental floss and version of Dillion Francis’ “Look at that Butt” using only the sound of his own farts. It’s pretty gross but undeniably creative.
“Old Town Road” seems to be inspiring all kinds of remakes and remixes. There’s a video which shows a google image for every single world of the song, an all-string version and, for some reason, a version that removes every other beat, among others. Given the song’s immense popularity and the fact that its rise to fame came mainly through its viral spread on the internet, maybe this shouldn’t come as too much of a surprise.
One thing is for sure: Lil Nas X must be happy with the strange, yet lucrative, turn of events.
i was literally promoting old town road via twitter memes with -$5.62 in my wells fargo account 2 months ago wow. i sit here in shock about this shit everyday.
— nope (@LilNasX) April 3, 2019
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.