- Actor Amanda Seales pushes back on #FreeRodneyReed movement Monday 10:58 PM
- Netflix thriller ‘Earthquake Bird’ can’t solve its own mystery Monday 4:45 PM
- Goop is selling an expensive ‘restraining arts’ BDSM kit Monday 4:17 PM
- Body positivity actress Lili Reinhart calls out Photoshopping app Monday 3:42 PM
- ‘Rick and Morty’ zeroes in on connections and leans into familiar territory Monday 3:30 PM
- People are sharing photos of how much they’ve changed in a decade Monday 2:30 PM
- A few of our favorite things on Newegg are on sale for Black Friday Monday 2:15 PM
- Disney adds ‘Bob’s Burgers’ movie back to release schedule after accidentally yanking it Monday 2:02 PM
- Ocasio-Cortez launches petition demanding Stephen Miller’s resignation Monday 1:24 PM
- Prince Andrew’s defense against child sex crimes stokes conspiracy theory flames Monday 1:20 PM
- More people may be looking to cancel Disney+ than Netflix Monday 1:09 PM
- Monday Night Football: How to stream Chiefs vs. Chargers live Monday 1:00 PM
- After days of deadly protests, Iran implements ‘largest internet shutdown ever’ Monday 12:55 PM
- ‘Disney Plus and thrust’ is apparently the new Netflix and Chill Monday 12:32 PM
- Woman fired, sued after coworker shared their sexts Monday 12:22 PM
Watch out NHL players: There’s a serial licker among you.
His name is Brad Marchand, and he plays for the Boston Bruins. And apparently, he has a taste for human flesh.
It’s the second time Marchand has licked an opponent during the postseason, and understandably, fellow hockey players aren’t enjoying it.
Marchand later defended himself by saying Ryan Callahan, the unfortunate man who was licked, had hit him in the face four times previously. But Tampa Bay Lightning coach Jon Cooper said, via the Boston Herald, “There is absolutely no place in our game for that. I don’t get it, I don’t understand it.”
The internet seems to mostly agree. People also made plenty of jokes.
Another nickname to add to Brad Marchand's extensive list: Oral B— Michael Farber (@MichaelFarber3) May 5, 2018
Ryan Callahan on being licked by Brad Marchand: “I don’t know what the difference is between that and spitting in someone’s face.”— Chris Johnston (@reporterchris) May 5, 2018
If Brad Marchand tried to lick me I would full blown make out with him. Call that pussy’s bluff.— Chris Howard (@Chrishowrad) May 5, 2018
2022: Brad Marchand has received a 10 minute misconduct for eating Claude Giroux’s ass after the whistle— round 4 tweeter (@stace_ofbase) May 5, 2018
“It’s really strange.” - Pierre McGuire. pic.twitter.com/s9LzTakpHz— Chris Mason (@ByChrisMason) May 5, 2018
it’s not funny or amusing that Brad Marchand keeps licking people. it’s disgusting and childish.— mike darnay (@MikeDarnay) May 5, 2018
Brad Marchand pic.twitter.com/XtesPTtfxm— 9 Wins To Go (@StamkosFan_91) May 5, 2018
Brad Marchand was that weird kid in elementary school who would eat boogers for a dollar. pic.twitter.com/bPYlw8RzEX— Penguins Jesus (@PenguinsJesus) May 5, 2018
It also led to this all-of-a-sudden relevant question. What’s the difference between Marchand and DJ Khaled? Here’s how one Twitter user answered.
DJ Khaled won’t lick someone who wants to be licked. Brad Marchand licks people that don’t want to be licked. Send tweet.— DL (@davelozo) May 5, 2018
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.