- Facebook suspended tens of thousands of apps after Cambridge Analytica scandal 3 Years Ago
- How to stream Browns vs. Rams on Sunday Night Football Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch ‘NFL Primetime’ on ESPN+ Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Chelsea Friday 6:45 PM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Sevilla Friday 6:35 PM
- How to stream Peter ‘Kid Chocolate’ Quillin vs. Alfredo Angulo Friday 5:16 PM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Granada Friday 4:50 PM
- ‘Atlantics’ tells a ghost story steeped with emotion and realism Friday 4:16 PM
- ‘Jojo Rabbit’ is a sweet, singular movie that loses its grip on satire Friday 3:40 PM
- Jordan Peterson is in rehab for Klonopin addiction Friday 3:34 PM
- The cat-worshipping turkey cult video, explained Friday 3:22 PM
- Despite legal threats and drama, the Area 51 desert event is on Friday 3:05 PM
- How to stream Yair Rodriguez vs. Jeremy Stephens on UFC Fight Night Friday 3:00 PM
- Twitter just launched its ‘Hide Replies’ feature Friday 1:59 PM
- How to turn off image metadata before it snitches on you Friday 1:36 PM
It appears to have been a false claim, but Cohen’s first public statement denying it was … less than definitive.
The implication, perhaps, was that he could open up his passport and show you there were no stamps from Czechia. But just tweeting a picture of the cover of your passport and saying you’ve never been somewhere is about as overwhelmingly convincing as sharing a photo of the International Space Station and saying “I live here.”
Naturally, Twitter ran with the conceit.
Here is guessing at least some of those folks have been to Prague. Whether they met with Russian intel is another story—albeit one that’s not as funny as what’s taking place on Twitter right now.
H/T Select All
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]