- White rapper punched in the face for saying the N-word during battle 7 Years Ago
- Hillary Clinton blasts Bernie Sanders, says ‘nobody likes him’ Today 8:57 AM
- Someone found Harry Styles’ doppelganger—and TikTok is obsessed Today 8:08 AM
- Patrick Stewart has spoken to Kevin Feige about playing Professor X again Today 7:16 AM
- ‘Shrill’ season 2 expands its world and point of view Today 7:00 AM
- Trans/Sex: Let trans art be messy, weird, and uncomfortable Today 6:00 AM
- Pediatrician gets death threats after pro-vaccine TikTok video Monday 9:37 PM
- This Australia-themed dildo is raising money to fight the bushfires Monday 8:26 PM
- Influencers say they’ve received unwanted sexual solicitations worth thousands Monday 7:39 PM
- Pregnant woman masterfully trolls gender-obsessed relative Monday 3:05 PM
- HBO’s ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm’ returns from a 2-year break with brand new ways to make you cringe Monday 3:00 PM
- Far-right accused of impersonating antifa online to encourage violence at Richmond rally Monday 1:59 PM
- Second Amendment protesters defend gun rights with truly terrible signs Monday 12:52 PM
- David Lynch surprises fans by dropping Netflix short out of the blue Monday 12:29 PM
- Poop-focused parody of Kent State Gun Girl sparks conservative ire Monday 11:58 AM
The Morning GIF: Lindsay Lohan lip service
The case of the incredible inflating lips.
Here at the Daily Dot, we swap GIF images with each other every morning. Now we’re looping you in. In the Morning GIF, we feature a popular—or just plain cool—GIF we found on Reddit, Canvas, or elsewhere on the Internet.
In the tinsel galaxy of Hollywood stars, there is no one—not Nick Nolte, not Charlie Sheen, not Mel “Sugar Tits” Gibson—who has more experience in front of the cameras of the Los Angeles Police Department than former child star turned career drinker Lindsay Lohan. With experience comes nonchalance, and for her latest mugshot (No. 6, as enumerated on DListed) ol’ LiLo didn’t even bother to brush her hair or, apparently, to change out of her kid brother’s baseball jacket. She still got the false eyelashes on, though. What a trouper.
This momentary capture of insouciant incarceration has yet to be GIF’d, but thanks to VH1, the previous five shots have been put together in a kind of Dorian Gray-esque portrait of the artist as a progressively-less-young trainwreck.
As her career options have shrunk, so have her lips inflated, thanks to an undeniable fondness for the needle (whatever she may say about powders or beverages) and the cut-rate facial fillers, so some wag has constructed a Warholesque grid of her grinning gob GIFs in tight closeup, inflating before your very (traumatized) eyes.
We can laugh, if bitterly, but it’s well to remember that once she was talented, once she was diligent, and twice she has been on the cover of Vanity Fair. The half-life of a starlet is measured in units themselves as debased as a tarnished copper penny. Sic transit gloria mundane.
GIF via VH1
Lorraine Murphy is an Ottawa-based cybersecurity journalist and founding editor of the Cryptosphere. She has a keen interest in WikiLeaks and web culture, and her bylines have appeared in Salon, Vanity Fair, Serious Eats, and elsewhere.