- Everything we know so far about Peacock, NBC’s new streaming service Tuesday 7:42 PM
- Selena Gomez producing docuseries about immigration for Netflix Tuesday 7:11 PM
- How to stream Manchester City vs. Shakhtar Donetsk in Champions League action Tuesday 6:14 PM
- Milo Yiannopoulos threatens to crash furry convention he is barred from Tuesday 5:54 PM
- How to stream Juventus vs. Atletico Madrid in Champions League action Tuesday 5:52 PM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. PSG in Champions League action Tuesday 5:24 PM
- No-fly zone implemented over Area 51 ahead of Alienstock festival Tuesday 5:16 PM
- TikTok accused of censoring content about Hong Kong protests Tuesday 5:04 PM
- Smoke ’em, pass ’em, Week 3: At the Bakery Tuesday 4:38 PM
- Alex Trebek says he will be undergoing chemotherapy again Tuesday 4:27 PM
- Dan Crenshaw roasted after attacking Sanders’ call for veteran care Tuesday 4:19 PM
- How to stream NXT for its USA network debut Tuesday 4:12 PM
- This website will show you how AI classifies you Tuesday 3:22 PM
- School tells Black 4-year-old to cut his hair or wear a dress Tuesday 3:17 PM
- Lizzo called a ‘snitch’ for accusing Postmates runner of stealing food Tuesday 2:30 PM
Mindhunter isn’t a particularly funny show, but the debut of its second season on Friday meant that a lot of fans binged it over the weekend and had feelings about it immediately. We had to wait two years for its return, after all. But the reactions definitely found the humor (and sadness) in the show’s season 2 narratives, as well as the way we devour the true-crime series.
After watching nine episodes in as many hours, this mashup of Rami Malek’s bizarre hotel ad with clips from the show offered some levity.
Applying the recent viral kombucha reaction meme to the more ethically concerning parts of Mindhunter is also good practice.
People also dunked on Agent Holden Ford (Jonathan Groff) thinking he’s being hit on by a hotel employee in episode 3, only to be asked to investigate the Atlanta Child Murders.
And of course, there are jokes about Ford’s myopic theories regarding that investigation, though some viewers feel very protective of sweet baby Holden.
Me on my first day as a Mindhunter and feeling thirsty: The killer was probably thirsty— pixelatedboat aka “mr tweets” (@pixelatedboat) August 19, 2019
Agent Bill Tench (Holt McCallany) is pulling double duty this season, keeping an eye on his real son, Brian, and his work son, Holden.
And Carrie Coon is here to remind us she is Carrie Coon, and not Anna Torv (who plays Dr. Wendy Carr).
There are jokes about how a lot of us watch Mindhunter, with one eye on the screen and one on Wikipedia.
Who else binged the series in 24 to 48 hours then was left with that sinking feeling?
i waited 2 years for mindhunter season 2 and finished it in 2 days pic.twitter.com/mfKuMZVo60— cat (@melissajoanfart) August 18, 2019
These are all good, but nothing has topped Paul F. Tompkins’ “rejected” Mindhunter theme song from 2017.
Finally got the go-ahead to post my rejected theme song for “Mindhunter.” IT’S THEIR LOSS. pic.twitter.com/ao9pNbeYYF— Paul F. Tompkins (@PFTompkins) October 25, 2017
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.