- Instagram and Facebook are reportedly blocking queer ads Friday 8:58 PM
- Review: Tyler Perry’s ‘A Fall From Grace’ is both nonsensical and utterly predictable Friday 6:48 PM
- Is Hulu censoring the Iran episode of Anthony Bourdain’s ‘Parts Unknown’? Friday 6:05 PM
- Trump admin celebrates Michelle Obama’s birthday by proposing rollback of her signature initiative Friday 4:01 PM
- TSA apologizes after agent grabs indigenous woman’s braids, says ‘giddyup’ Friday 3:28 PM
- Blue Bell ice cream licker pleads guilty Friday 2:54 PM
- 7 fortune-telling sites for when you’re bored Friday 2:21 PM
- Governor bans sex puns on free condom wrappers Friday 2:16 PM
- Is Justin Bieber’s ‘Yummy’ video secretly about Pizzagate? Friday 1:01 PM
- Woah Vicky rips out her hair in botched cultural appropriation attempt Friday 12:30 PM
- Here’s an exclusive look at ‘Weathering With You’ Friday 11:57 AM
- TikTok dudes are dipping their balls in soy sauce for ‘science’ Friday 11:49 AM
- Pete Buttigieg’s denial of fixing bread prices becomes its own meme Friday 11:10 AM
- Houston Astros get torched with buzzer memes after new revelation Friday 10:41 AM
- Teens are eating cereal out of each other’s mouths for clout Friday 10:34 AM
Pence, the article said, “never eats alone with a woman other than his wife and that he won’t attend events featuring alcohol without her by his side, either.”
That could be read a lot of ways. Pence could be so horny that he doesn’t believe he can be trusted to be alone with a woman. Pence could be the most whipped man on the face of the Earth.
But it was also rightly read as a knock on women, especially in the workplace. You would literally never read that sentence with Pence talking about a man, and thusly, it is inferred that Mike Pence thinks of women as sexual objects first and humans second.
Contrary to vice presidential opinion, you can get dinner with a person and discuss everything on the planet and not be concerned you might be tempted to cheat on your spouse. That’s what normal, well-adjusted people do every single day.
Everyone had a lusty LOL at it—except for one man, who stepped to the vice president’s defense.
Seriously what's the appropriate reason for a married person to go out for a meal alone with a member of the other sex (outside of family)?— Matt Walsh (@MattWalshBlog) March 30, 2017
That’s Matt Walsh, blogger of the blog the Matt Walsh Blog, and author of The Unholy Trinity: Blocking the Left’s Assault on Life, Marriage, and Gender.
The obvious answer to his query is any reason. Work. Friendship. Love of food and conversation. But whether Walsh was earnestly looking for answers, he got them. In droves.
And they are great.
@MattWalshBlog do you tend to find your encounters with women fraught with irresistible sexual fantasies, or only during meals?— Magdalene Visaggio (@MagsVisaggs) March 30, 2017
@MattWalshBlog Can you have a pleasant conversation in the parking lot, perhaps? Do carnal thoughts ONLY invade when you might imagine their— Magdalene Visaggio (@MagsVisaggs) March 30, 2017
@MattWalshBlog writhing naked bodies covered in scalloped potatoes and ravioli? Do you find the image of a woman eating intensely arousing?— Magdalene Visaggio (@MagsVisaggs) March 30, 2017
@MattWalshBlog Unless these things are true, there is no scandal in enjoying a meal with a friend.— Magdalene Visaggio (@MagsVisaggs) March 30, 2017
@MattWalshBlog I'll probably get heat for this, but I don't even watch The Bachelorette with my wife and her friends. What if I temp them?— Luke Barnett (@LukeBarnett) March 30, 2017
@MattWalshBlog little known fact: if u even look at a sandwich in the presence of a woman who isn't ur wife u go to hell. it's in the Bible— Tyler Conway (@jtylerconway) March 30, 2017
@MattWalshBlog once saw a married woman who walked into an Arby's burst into flames. scary stuff— Tyler Conway (@jtylerconway) March 30, 2017
@MattWalshBlog Does your wife know you can't be trusted not to fuck another woman right on top of the southwestern egg rolls at Chili's?— Patrick S. Tomlinson (@stealthygeek) March 30, 2017
@MattWalshBlog Because I can't. Banned from Applebees, too. After that threesome I had during the 2 for $20 promotion.— Patrick S. Tomlinson (@stealthygeek) March 30, 2017
I'm incapable of having normal human interactions with 50% of the population. How can I admit this in the most embarrassing way possible? https://t.co/QGdu8oKyp6— laura olin (@lauraolin) March 30, 2017
1) Literally any because you respect others & don't visualize every interaction w/ the opposiite sex as sexual/an opportunity to have sex. https://t.co/qxbPBsUDo7— Avi Bueno (@JasperAvi) March 30, 2017
There is none! Women are temptresses and if you're alone will make you do sex to them. No other things good about women! Thx for getting it. https://t.co/dtzRGGM1ZJ— Ken Tremendous (@KenTremendous) March 30, 2017
I saw this episode, don't worry it turns out she's a real estate agent and Chandler and Monica are moving to the suburbs https://t.co/NYrN4sKADW— Malcolm Harris (@BigMeanInternet) March 30, 2017
not being physically able to consume an Applebee's 2-for-20 solo. https://t.co/QTyhC25ysn— Dan Favale (@danfavale) March 30, 2017
It’s not often we need to invoke the slaughter rule on Twitter, but the score’s about 2,200-0 right now.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]