- ‘Bob Lazar: Area 51 & Flying Saucers’ fails to discover truth or progress 11 Months Ago
- ‘Huckabee’ is a wolf in sheep’s clothing, lurking on your TV 11 Months Ago
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez parody accounts are all the rage on the right Today 6:30 AM
- The new ‘Dune’ movie sounds positively epic Today 6:00 AM
- How does Apple Pay work? Today 5:30 AM
- Multimillion-dollar ‘Farming Simulator’ franchise enters world of esports Wednesday 7:38 PM
- Sandra Bullock, Chris McKay are making Netflix comic film ‘Reborn’ Wednesday 7:22 PM
- Instagram revokes Venezuelan President Nicolás Maduro’s verified status (updated) Wednesday 5:23 PM
- Transgender people suffer when debates over their rights are framed as ‘distractions’ Wednesday 4:57 PM
- Hulu with Live TV just hiked its prices Wednesday 4:05 PM
- Hacker infiltrates Nest cameras to gain PewDiePie subscribers Wednesday 2:37 PM
- YouTube time traveler claims MLK’s granddaughter will be the last U.S. president Wednesday 2:30 PM
- Media coverage of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s Twitch cameo erases Chelsea Manning Wednesday 1:39 PM
- New Alexa skill lets you sing with Queen’s Freddie Mercury Wednesday 1:13 PM
- Netflix is the first streaming platform to join MPAA Wednesday 12:59 PM
Only Meryl Streep can update her own meme.
The Killers: It started out with a kiss, how did it end up like this?
Me: IT WAS ONLY A KISS IT WAS ONLY A KISS pic.twitter.com/pDsShTLWzc
— erika™ (@erikaofthestate) March 19, 2017
Streep graced the internet Sunday night with an updated photo of her to use for the classic Shouting Meryl Streep meme. Fans took notice and didn’t miss an opportunity to re-meme the 68-year-old actress.
— mean plastic (@meanpIastic) March 5, 2018
— Ziwe (@ziwe) March 5, 2018
meryl streep done did it again wsdgghjjkl pic.twitter.com/1peTH8s7Kt
— f thot fitzgerald (@dracomallfoys) March 5, 2018
— ♡ (@scarlettf4ncy) March 5, 2018
I need to know what Meryl is yelling when she does this
Is it just a woo? Something more? pic.twitter.com/MgcxeZbtPd
— Michaela Angemeer (@michaelwithana) March 5, 2018
-WHO ARE YOU ?
— CHANEL (@tsssniall_) March 5, 2018
In other news, folks on Twitter also thought Streep looked an awful lot like the fairy godmother from Shrek 2.
meryl streep: “you know fairy godmother from shrek 2?”
stylist: “say no more.” pic.twitter.com/1kGiX9mJH8
— Noelle Del Preto (@noelledelpreto) March 5, 2018
— dani (@TowerwhiteDani) March 5, 2018
— laura ✨ (@daisyrdley) March 5, 2018
These spot the difference games are getting harder. Meryl Streep or Fairy Godmother? pic.twitter.com/uyf0Qpytkb
— Soup of the Day (@Campbell_Rahrig) March 5, 2018
— Jarett Wieselman (@JarettSays) March 5, 2018
Streep was nominated for best actress for her role as Washington Post publisher Katherine Graham in The Post. She’s the most nominated actor in the history of the Academy Awards with 21 nominations and three wins. And she knows how to update her own meme, which deserves a separate award.
Tess Cagle is a reporter who focuses on politics, lifestyle, and streaming entertainment. Her work has appeared in the New York Times, Texas Monthly, the Austin American-Statesman, Damn Joan, and Community Impact Newspaper. She’s also a portrait, events, and live music photographer in Central Texas.