- With this blade, I protect this meme 3 Years Ago
- Lead actress in ‘The Color Purple’ revival criticized for homophobic post 3 Years Ago
- ‘Arrested Development’ ends the same way it did the first time—unceremoniously 3 Years Ago
- Alleged gunman tried to rob YouTuber Adam22 during livestream Today 11:32 AM
- Turkish president used New Zealand shooting footage at campaign rallies Today 11:09 AM
- 8 adorable tea infusers that will warm you with cuteness Today 10:26 AM
- The Super Nintendo Pro is the wireless controller of your dreams Today 10:25 AM
- Lori Loughlin reportedly dropped from ‘Fuller House’ final season Today 10:10 AM
- The Legend of Zelda Encyclopedia Deluxe Edition is a true treasure Today 10:00 AM
- Even Republicans are angry with the GOP’s anti-Beto tweet Today 10:00 AM
- ‘Egg Boy’ vows to send GoFundMe money to mosque shooting victims Today 9:55 AM
- Noom is a weight loss program that prioritizes your mental health Today 9:10 AM
- Shane Dawson once joked about ejaculating on his cat—and people are furious Today 8:54 AM
- Rep. Steve King posts Civil War fantasy meme—accidentally mocks own state Today 8:41 AM
- Gaming company Valve removed tributes to Christchurch shooter Today 8:39 AM
What a relief.
After wreaking havoc on your life for most of May, the horror that is Mercury in retrograde came to an end on Sunday. This means that you’ll no longer feel out of sorts, and you’ll be able to make rational decisions again.
And that’s not all. Here’s what else you can finally do now that the smallest planet in the solar system is no longer moving slower than Earth.
1) Start texting again
During Mercury in retrograde, texting wasn’t recommended, because Mercury’s radiation levels are sky-high during this period, which would be extremely bad for your fingers—hence, no texting. Now that retrograde is over, however, you’re free to text without having to worry about getting a scary finger disease.
2) Go to Australia
Australians are known to be very hostile during Mercury retrograde. For some reason, they are angry, moody, and don’t refer to tourists as “mate,” which is super weird, because that’s every Aussie’s favorite word. Anyway, there’s no need to worry anymore, because Mercury is normal and so are Australians.
3) Listen to your favorite podcast
Before its resolution, Mercury appeared to be moving backward (even though the planet was just moving slowly). This made listening to podcasts impossible, because nothing affects podcasts more than planets acting all crazy and shit. So listen to your favorite Ira daniel or Marc Maron podcast in the comfort of your car or home. You deserve it.
4) Make out with your significant other
It’s well-known that during retrograde you cannot make out with your significant other. Mercury hates passion and despises earthlings who showcase their love for each other. When couples attempted to kiss each other before retrograde’s completion, they were either electrocuted or their tongues fell out of their mouths. Out of all the planets, Mercury is definitely the most savage.
5) Follow Neil deGrasse Tyson on Twitter
At the height of Mercury retrograde, Neil deGrasse Tyson is known to be at his most confused, so it’s not in nobody’s best interest to read his incoherent tweets. But guess what? Retrograde is over until August; therefore, you have a couple months to revel in Neil’s extremely scientific musings.
Never seen a bar fight break out while people are drinking wine. Beer, yes. Hard liquor, yes. But not wine.
— Neil deGrasse Tyson (@neiltyson) March 29, 2016