- The 16-inch MacBook Pro is a beast, and it has a decent keyboard 3 Years Ago
- This group is scanning thousands of faces in Congress today to protest facial recognition 3 Years Ago
- Why everyone is debating Pete Buttigieg’s Medicare for All stance? 3 Years Ago
- The Motorola Razr is a foldable homage to millennial nostalgia Today 10:22 AM
- The ‘I’m baby’ meme gets much more literal on TikTok Today 10:20 AM
- MrDeadMoth avoids jail time for assaulting pregnant partner during live stream Today 9:21 AM
- Deval Patrick 2020 fever is not catching on Today 9:08 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Browns on Thursday Night Football Today 8:13 AM
- How to stream Mexico vs. Netherlands in the U-17 World Cup semis Today 6:46 AM
- ‘Waves’ wrestles with the family drama and breaks it in half Today 6:30 AM
- QAnon-touting congressman sneaks ‘Epstein Didn’t Kill Himself’ into tweets Wednesday 7:12 PM
- Ocasio-Cortez met a famous drag queen–and the right melted down Wednesday 6:09 PM
- Woman says Lyft driver tried to kidnap her Wednesday 5:18 PM
- Debunking the right-wing conspiracy theories from the impeachment hearing Wednesday 4:29 PM
- Maroon 5 approves of the latest TikTok trend Wednesday 3:54 PM
After wreaking havoc on your life for most of May, the horror that is Mercury in retrograde came to an end on Sunday. This means that you’ll no longer feel out of sorts, and you’ll be able to make rational decisions again.
And that’s not all. Here’s what else you can finally do now that the smallest planet in the solar system is no longer moving slower than Earth.
1) Start texting again
During Mercury in retrograde, texting wasn’t recommended, because Mercury’s radiation levels are sky-high during this period, which would be extremely bad for your fingers—hence, no texting. Now that retrograde is over, however, you’re free to text without having to worry about getting a scary finger disease.
2) Go to Australia
Australians are known to be very hostile during Mercury retrograde. For some reason, they are angry, moody, and don’t refer to tourists as “mate,” which is super weird, because that’s every Aussie’s favorite word. Anyway, there’s no need to worry anymore, because Mercury is normal and so are Australians.
3) Listen to your favorite podcast
Before its resolution, Mercury appeared to be moving backward (even though the planet was just moving slowly). This made listening to podcasts impossible, because nothing affects podcasts more than planets acting all crazy and shit. So listen to your favorite Ira daniel or Marc Maron podcast in the comfort of your car or home. You deserve it.
4) Make out with your significant other
It’s well-known that during retrograde you cannot make out with your significant other. Mercury hates passion and despises earthlings who showcase their love for each other. When couples attempted to kiss each other before retrograde’s completion, they were either electrocuted or their tongues fell out of their mouths. Out of all the planets, Mercury is definitely the most savage.
5) Follow Neil deGrasse Tyson on Twitter
At the height of Mercury retrograde, Neil deGrasse Tyson is known to be at his most confused, so it’s not in nobody’s best interest to read his incoherent tweets. But guess what? Retrograde is over until August; therefore, you have a couple months to revel in Neil’s extremely scientific musings.
Never seen a bar fight break out while people are drinking wine. Beer, yes. Hard liquor, yes. But not wine.
— Neil deGrasse Tyson (@neiltyson) March 29, 2016