- How to stream Browns vs. Jets on Monday Night Football Today 7:00 AM
- What are anons? Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream Eagles vs. Falcons on Sunday Night Football Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 4 Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream WWE’s Clash of Champions 2019 Saturday 8:00 PM
- How ‘F*ck off Scotland’ became a Scottish rallying cry amid Brexit madness Saturday 6:28 PM
- A Missouri officer resigned after his Islamophobic Facebook posts surfaced Saturday 5:08 PM
- Adding ‘Triggered’ to stock photos of white men creates Netflix comedy special thumbnails Saturday 3:10 PM
- New restaurant in New York has a seriously unfortunate name: ‘Qanoon’ Saturday 1:38 PM
- These are the 10 best ‘Star Wars’ ships Saturday 12:41 PM
- Google Maps helped solve a decades-old missing persons case Saturday 12:27 PM
- Teen who plotted deadly swatting prank over Call of Duty argument gets prison time Saturday 11:58 AM
- RIP to the real star of ‘Stranger Things’: Steve Harrington’s mullet Saturday 11:04 AM
- People are sharing their wholesome stories with #Hey19YearOldMe Saturday 9:20 AM
- Review: The Joule is a pricey, sleek, easy-to-use entry into sous vide Saturday 8:00 AM
Megan Thee Stallion just found the perfect way to wrap up Hot Girl Summer, and fans are loving it.
The rapper, who has proved herself to be one of hip-hop’s rising stars, finally released her much-anticipated song, titled “Hot Girl Summer.” The track, which features Ty Dolla $ign and rap icon Nicki Minaj, serves to wrap up what has proved to be Stallion’s break-out summer.
Megan thee Stallion, née Megan Pete, had been teasing the track for a few weeks now and in July, posted on Twitter that it only felt right to drop a title track for the summer.
“I feel like it’s only right I drop a hot girl summer song before the summer is over,” she tweeted.
I feel like it’s only right I drop a hot girl summer song before the summer is over— HOT GIRL MEG (@theestallion) July 18, 2019
The track was originally scheduled to be released Aug. 2, but was delayed to give Minaj time to add her verse. Ultimately, Megan promised her fans that the wait would be worth it, and she was right.
“REAL MF HOT GIRL SHIT 🔥🔥🔥 THE HOT GIRLS TOOK OVER THE MF SUMMER SO IT WAS ONLY RIGHT TO GIVE THE HOTTIES THE OFFICIAL TRACK !!! HOT GIRL SUMMER FT. @nickiminaj and @tydollasign dropping 8/9,” Megan posted on Instagram.
In an interview with E! News, Megan spoke about how her collaboration with Minaj came to fruition. In late July, the two spoke via Instagram livestream, where Megan suggested that if Minaj wanted to, she was free to join Megan on the “Hot Girl Summer” track.
Apparently, after that, Minaj recorded the verse that night.
“So, the song was already recorded and ready to go, and then we just went live together and she literally recorded her verse that night,” she said. “And, they sent the song to me and I was like, ‘This is not real life. Y’all are playing right now.’ I love it. It was amazing. I can’t believe she did it so fast.”
Fans, of course, were ecstatic that these two are on a track together.
“QUEEN OF RAP and PRINCESS OF RAP SNAPPED!” tweeted @ NM5updates_
QUEEN OF RAP and PRINCESS OF RAP SNAPPED! 🔥— Nicki Minaj Updates! (@NM5updates_) August 9, 2019
GIRLLLLL YOU TAKING HISTORY!!!! pic.twitter.com/F42VYi7Jfw— william 🇧🇷 (@falsaminaj) August 9, 2019
Now the next question is, when does the music video drop?
Dominic-Madori Davis is a recent graduate of the University of Southern California. She covers the internet, politics, and social issues.