- Netflix thriller ‘Earthquake Bird’ can’t solve its own mystery Monday 4:45 PM
- Goop is selling an expensive ‘restraining arts’ BDSM kit Monday 4:17 PM
- Body positivity actress Lili Reinhart calls out Photoshopping app Monday 3:42 PM
- ‘Rick and Morty’ zeroes in on connections and leans into familiar territory Monday 3:30 PM
- People are sharing photos of how much they’ve changed in a decade Monday 2:30 PM
- A few of our favorite things on Newegg are on sale for Black Friday Monday 2:15 PM
- Disney adds ‘Bob’s Burgers’ movie back to release schedule after accidentally yanking it Monday 2:02 PM
- Ocasio-Cortez launches petition demanding Stephen Miller’s resignation Monday 1:24 PM
- Prince Andrew’s defense against child sex crimes stokes conspiracy theory flames Monday 1:20 PM
- More people may be looking to cancel Disney+ than Netflix Monday 1:09 PM
- Monday Night Football: How to stream Chiefs vs. Chargers live Monday 1:00 PM
- After days of deadly protests, Iran implements ‘largest internet shutdown ever’ Monday 12:55 PM
- ‘Disney Plus and thrust’ is apparently the new Netflix and Chill Monday 12:32 PM
- Woman fired, sued after coworker shared their sexts Monday 12:22 PM
- Group running GoFundMe for border wall breaks ground without permits Monday 11:47 AM
Megan Thee Stallion just found the perfect way to wrap up Hot Girl Summer, and fans are loving it.
The rapper, who has proved herself to be one of hip-hop’s rising stars, finally released her much-anticipated song, titled “Hot Girl Summer.” The track, which features Ty Dolla $ign and rap icon Nicki Minaj, serves to wrap up what has proved to be Stallion’s break-out summer.
Megan thee Stallion, née Megan Pete, had been teasing the track for a few weeks now and in July, posted on Twitter that it only felt right to drop a title track for the summer.
“I feel like it’s only right I drop a hot girl summer song before the summer is over,” she tweeted.
I feel like it’s only right I drop a hot girl summer song before the summer is over— HOT GIRL MEG (@theestallion) July 18, 2019
The track was originally scheduled to be released Aug. 2, but was delayed to give Minaj time to add her verse. Ultimately, Megan promised her fans that the wait would be worth it, and she was right.
“REAL MF HOT GIRL SHIT 🔥🔥🔥 THE HOT GIRLS TOOK OVER THE MF SUMMER SO IT WAS ONLY RIGHT TO GIVE THE HOTTIES THE OFFICIAL TRACK !!! HOT GIRL SUMMER FT. @nickiminaj and @tydollasign dropping 8/9,” Megan posted on Instagram.
In an interview with E! News, Megan spoke about how her collaboration with Minaj came to fruition. In late July, the two spoke via Instagram livestream, where Megan suggested that if Minaj wanted to, she was free to join Megan on the “Hot Girl Summer” track.
Apparently, after that, Minaj recorded the verse that night.
“So, the song was already recorded and ready to go, and then we just went live together and she literally recorded her verse that night,” she said. “And, they sent the song to me and I was like, ‘This is not real life. Y’all are playing right now.’ I love it. It was amazing. I can’t believe she did it so fast.”
Fans, of course, were ecstatic that these two are on a track together.
“QUEEN OF RAP and PRINCESS OF RAP SNAPPED!” tweeted @ NM5updates_
QUEEN OF RAP and PRINCESS OF RAP SNAPPED! 🔥— Nicki Minaj Updates! (@NM5updates_) August 9, 2019
GIRLLLLL YOU TAKING HISTORY!!!! pic.twitter.com/F42VYi7Jfw— william 🇧🇷 (@falsaminaj) August 9, 2019
Now the next question is, when does the music video drop?
Dominic-Madori Davis is a recent graduate of the University of Southern California. She covers the internet, politics, and social issues.