- The ‘some of y’all… and it shows’ meme is taking over Twitter 3 Years Ago
- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ begins season 2 on a cheerful note Today 11:49 AM
- Climate change memes are disrupting the feel-good ’10 year challenge’ Today 11:48 AM
- Mysterious Washington Post parody predicts Trump’s resignation Today 11:42 AM
- YouTube cracks down on challenges, pranks Today 11:04 AM
- Upskirting will soon be illegal in England Today 10:45 AM
- Jake Paul calls Keemstar a ‘piece of trash’ for ‘body-shaming’ Erika Costell Today 10:18 AM
- Sprint promises to stop selling location data after outcry Today 9:53 AM
- Kirsten Gillibrand announces presidential bid—and Al Franken diehards are salty Today 9:49 AM
- How to watch ‘Married at First Sight’ online for free Today 9:43 AM
- There are already memes for ‘Spider-Man: Far From Home’ Today 9:00 AM
- Did Laura Loomer get duped into believing Muslims got her suspended from Twitter? Today 8:44 AM
- Here’s what we know about the Ice Sphere and Ice Storm in Fortnite Today 8:18 AM
- Who is Jigsaw, the villain of Netflix’s ‘Punisher’ season 2? Today 7:25 AM
- Hulu’s ‘Fyre Fraud’ plays along with the long con Today 7:00 AM
She just really wanted a good breakfast.
To those who say chivalry is dead, I say: Look to this dedicated man who was caught trying to smuggle a care package to his girlfriend in prison by using a fishing line. Sure, there were drugs and a knife in his little love kit, but also the international sign of true love—an Egg McMuffin.
Unfortunately, the romantic gesture was caught on CCTV, much to the delight of the prison guards.
Though it’s unclear what Lisa Mary Hutchinson, 26, is in Wormwood Scrubs prison for, her boyfriend Karl Jensen, 27, seems to have only made matters worse: Now both of them have been sentenced with crimes related to the smuggling. The Egg McMuffin also wasn’t the only snack. There was a Kinder surprise egg containing five SIM cards and some vodka. Combined with the marijuana and cocaine, that makes for a hell of a party.
“This case serves as a strong reminder of the very serious consequences of smuggling prohibited goods into a prison,” said Detective Constable Andy Griffin. It’s also a reminder of the lengths people will go for McDonald’s breakfast, especially since the U.K. hasn’t gotten the all-day breakfast menu yet. Do you see the madness a 10:30am cutoff causes, McDonald’s?
Jaya Saxena is a lifestyle writer and editor whose work focuses primarily on women's issues and web culture. Her writing has appeared in GQ, ELLE, the Toast, the New Yorker, Tthe Hairpin, BuzzFeed, Racked, Eater, Catapult, and others. She is the co-author of 'Dad Magazine,' the author of 'The Book Of Lost Recipes,' and the co-author of 'Basic Witches.'