- Amy Klobuchar lists net neutrality as part of her 100-day plan for presidency 5 Months Ago
- Reddit just banned the NBA Streams subreddit 5 Months Ago
- How to watch ‘Drunk History’ for free 5 Months Ago
- Netflix’s ‘Unit 42’ soars on the chemistry of its unlikely lead partners Today 7:30 AM
- How to watch ‘Good Trouble’ for free Today 7:00 AM
- It’s time for Pete Buttigieg to claim his status as Short King Today 6:30 AM
- The best foreign-language TV shows on Netflix Today 6:00 AM
- Hasan Minhaj explains why your internet sucks in ‘Patriot Act’ episode, puts it on DVD Monday 8:41 PM
- Hackers got control of Dylan Sprouse’s Twitter account, posted offensive content Monday 7:38 PM
- Twitch is suing the trolls who flooded the platform with porn and Christchurch shooting footage Monday 6:55 PM
- Cat filter turns Pakistani politicians’ press conference into frisky business Monday 6:12 PM
- Couple calls for boycott of dog walker app Wag! after their dog was abducted Monday 5:07 PM
- Trump gets banned from SeekingArrangement because he’s not a ‘real sugar daddy’ Monday 4:17 PM
- InfoWars accidentally sent child porn to lawyers representing Sandy Hook parents Monday 4:12 PM
- Sticker warns men changing diapers about ‘feminization of the American male’ Monday 4:10 PM
Mariah Carey says she ‘doesn’t acknowledge time’ in her 10-year challenge photos
The first viral challenge of the year is still going strong on social media. Celebrities are hopping on board the 10-year challenge or the #HowDidAgeHitYouChallenge, which is reminding us what we looked like a decade ago. For many celebrities, however, the difference isn’t too noticeable. While the first photo in my 10-year challenge would be one of me with frizzy hair and an awkward pose, due to the witchcraft of celebrity they all somehow look like they took their first photo two days prior to the second.
This is especially true for Mariah Carey, who shared her own 10-year challenge photo. The difference between the two pictures was completely undetectable because, well, it was just the same photo twice.
“I don’t get this 10-year challenge, time is not something I acknowledge. *Picture taken at some point prior to today,” the singer said.
I don't get this 10 year challenge, time is not something I acknowledge. 🤷♀️ *Picture taken at some point prior to today pic.twitter.com/f5XUye3Hot
— Mariah Carey (@MariahCarey) January 16, 2019
People loved her iconic spin on the meme and many decided that they too will stop acknowledging time. Her phrase has turned into a meme itself.
anyone: how old are you
me: time is not something i acknowledge
— rebrand pending (@hellakyra) January 16, 2019
When my advisor gives me a deadline:
I’m sorry, time is not something I acknowledge. 🤷🏾♀️ https://t.co/N6BqcNR1cA
— Rebekah Israel Cross (@risraelcross) January 17, 2019
My Credit Card Company: Uhm, hello, you haven't paid a bill in a year…?
Me: Time is not something I acknowledge https://t.co/yliYDHLxK7
— Cassie Surprise (@chasspod) January 16, 2019
My ex boyfriend: Surely you’ve forgiven me after all this time?
Me: Time is not something I acknowledge pic.twitter.com/tzCfDieIQj
— Danielle Sepulvalentine (@ellesep) January 17, 2019
One person said it’s already the “quote of the year.”
“time is not something I acknowledge” already the quote of the year https://t.co/yqXl7dY7Tm
— Matt Erspamer (@erspamer_matt) January 16, 2019
For the record, people found a photo of Mariah from 2009 and she does look nearly identical to the way she looks today.
It seems refusing to acknowledge time may actually be the key to eternal youth.
Gabrielle Sorto is an Atlanta-based freelance writer covering culture, lifestyle, and news. Her work has appeared in CNN, Teen Vogue, INSIDER, and Vice. She can usually be found writing with an overpriced coffee in hand or hanging out with her dog, Rihanna, who is named after exactly who you think.