- Facebook bans many of the U.K.’s infamous far-right groups 3 Months Ago
- Cersei and Tyrion Lannister learned about respect from Elmo 3 Months Ago
- The Mueller Report includes a footnote about the pee tape Today 12:08 PM
- Trump at the start of Mueller investigation: ‘I’m f*cked’ Today 11:19 AM
- Joe Rogan’s podcast has a serious women problem Today 11:10 AM
- The best Mother’s Day gifts for every budget Today 11:04 AM
- Dog watches the digging of its own grave—and Twitter is shook Today 10:30 AM
- Why Marvel changed the way we think about movie franchises Today 10:28 AM
- 13 thoughtful Mother’s Day gifts to fully pamper mom Today 10:00 AM
- George Zimmerman is looking for ‘carefree fun’ on Tinder (updated) Today 9:54 AM
- Trump responds with a ‘Game of Thrones’ meme to the Mueller report Today 9:43 AM
- A new tool lets you track candidate spending on Facebook—and Trump is crushing Democrats Today 8:59 AM
- George Lucas helped direct ‘Game of Thrones’—and he’s not a Jon Snow fan Today 8:05 AM
- Conspiracy theorists got me suspended from Twitter—and now I understand them better Today 7:29 AM
- What is the Golden Company, Cersei’s new mercenary army? Today 7:00 AM
Mariah Carey says she ‘doesn’t acknowledge time’ in her 10-year challenge photos
The first viral challenge of the year is still going strong on social media. Celebrities are hopping on board the 10-year challenge or the #HowDidAgeHitYouChallenge, which is reminding us what we looked like a decade ago. For many celebrities, however, the difference isn’t too noticeable. While the first photo in my 10-year challenge would be one of me with frizzy hair and an awkward pose, due to the witchcraft of celebrity they all somehow look like they took their first photo two days prior to the second.
This is especially true for Mariah Carey, who shared her own 10-year challenge photo. The difference between the two pictures was completely undetectable because, well, it was just the same photo twice.
“I don’t get this 10-year challenge, time is not something I acknowledge. *Picture taken at some point prior to today,” the singer said.
I don't get this 10 year challenge, time is not something I acknowledge. 🤷♀️ *Picture taken at some point prior to today pic.twitter.com/f5XUye3Hot
— Mariah Carey (@MariahCarey) January 16, 2019
People loved her iconic spin on the meme and many decided that they too will stop acknowledging time. Her phrase has turned into a meme itself.
anyone: how old are you
me: time is not something i acknowledge
— rebrand pending (@hellakyra) January 16, 2019
When my advisor gives me a deadline:
I’m sorry, time is not something I acknowledge. 🤷🏾♀️ https://t.co/N6BqcNR1cA
— Rebekah (@risraelcross) January 17, 2019
My Credit Card Company: Uhm, hello, you haven't paid a bill in a year…?
Me: Time is not something I acknowledge https://t.co/yliYDHLxK7
— Cassie Surprise (@chasspod) January 16, 2019
My ex boyfriend: Surely you’ve forgiven me after all this time?
Me: Time is not something I acknowledge pic.twitter.com/tzCfDieIQj
— Danielle Sepulvalentine (@ellesep) January 17, 2019
One person said it’s already the “quote of the year.”
“time is not something I acknowledge” already the quote of the year https://t.co/yqXl7dY7Tm
— Matt Erspamer (@erspamer_matt) January 16, 2019
For the record, people found a photo of Mariah from 2009 and she does look nearly identical to the way she looks today.
It seems refusing to acknowledge time may actually be the key to eternal youth.
Gabrielle Sorto is an Atlanta-based freelance writer covering culture, lifestyle, and news. Her work has appeared in CNN, Teen Vogue, INSIDER, and Vice. She can usually be found writing with an overpriced coffee in hand or hanging out with her dog, Rihanna, who is named after exactly who you think.