- Who survived the ‘Game of Thrones’ series finale? Sunday 10:21 PM
- Justin Bieber fans are damaging one of Iceland’s top tourist spots Sunday 1:28 PM
- James Charles drops 41-minute response video to Tati Westbrook’s accusations Sunday 1:15 PM
- Watch what happens when this Twitch streamer quits his job on camera Sunday 12:25 PM
- Men are finally sharing their abortion stories Sunday 10:58 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Maria’ is a trigger-happy B-movie Sunday 9:07 AM
- How to stream Money in the Bank 2019 for free Sunday 9:00 AM
- How to watch ‘Game of Thrones’ season 8, episode 6 for free Sunday 8:00 AM
- These ‘Game of Thrones’ houses are gone forever Sunday 7:54 AM
- The 10 best anime movies on Hulu Sunday 7:00 AM
- Vibe TV puts a premium price tag on piracy Sunday 6:00 AM
- Twitter unites in collective confusion over ‘Democrats for Trump’ trending Saturday 2:28 PM
- YouTube star tweets and deletes video of his Black cousin ‘Peanut’ acting as a stool Saturday 1:04 PM
- The ‘Do you wash your legs in the shower’ debate has now escalated to feet Saturday 12:20 PM
- Trump posts a world-class golf score, and the internet laughs at him Saturday 10:46 AM
The 2016 election is so much better as ‘Magic: The Gathering’ cards
I’ll trade you a ‘Benghazi’ for your ‘Obvious Historical Allegory’ card.
Sometimes American politics feel like a silly game for attention, with candidates saying outrageous things, bluffing, or just flat out lying to up their poll numbers. To help illustrate the ridiculousness of today’s electoral landscape, one man has turned many of the 2016 presidential hopefuls and their worst ideas into Magic: The Gathering trading cards.
Swapped out are Legendary Creatures like Squee, Goblin Nabob, and Animar, Soul of Elements, in favor of notable public figures vying for the Oval Office. Check out the descriptions of Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton. You don’t need to be Magic aficionados to laugh at the political nuance of these cards.
No candidate is safe from the Mighty God King’s Photoshop tools and sly humor as he calls out the most outrageous aspects of each campaign.
But it’s not just individuals hoping to take Obama’s office who have been given the Magic treatment. Say hello to some other cringeworthy highlights of 2015, from Kim Davis to rampant misinformation on refugees.
You can check out the rest over at Mighty God King’s blog, along with previous Magic card collections of everything government-related. Collect and swap these cards to have the most hilarious deck around.
Photos via Mighty God King
Gabe Bergado is a Daily Dot alumnus who covered dank memes, teens, and the weirdest corners of the Internet. One time, Ted Cruz supporters turned him into a meme—or at least tried to. In 2017, he started reporting for Teen Vogue's entertainment section.