- This Twitter account is parodying Amazon customer service Thursday 8:52 PM
- How to live stream Oleksandr Gvozdyk vs. Artur Beterbiev Thursday 7:00 PM
- Shaggy says an online scammer is impersonating him Thursday 6:53 PM
- IRL Barbie Malibu Dreamhouse available to rent on Airbnb Thursday 6:16 PM
- Men’s Humor trolled for unknowingly tweeting Grindr conversation Thursday 5:29 PM
- How to stream Dominick Reyes vs. Chris Weidman Thursday 5:00 PM
- Jennifer Aniston had a finsta before officially joining Instagram Thursday 4:35 PM
- Facebook denies moderating comments under Zuckerberg’s big free speech live stream Thursday 2:38 PM
- ‘My headphones’ meme proves our music is sadder than we look Thursday 1:53 PM
- ‘Time for an upgrade’ meme shows Kamala Harris’ team is too online Thursday 1:35 PM
- Prison guards reportedly mocked trans inmates in private Facebook groups Thursday 1:33 PM
- Gradient is the new celebrity look-alike app winning over influencers Thursday 12:46 PM
- Trolls accuse cosplayer of ‘appropriating’ Joker culture (updated) Thursday 12:28 PM
- Every Studio Ghibli movie will stream exclusively on HBO Max Thursday 12:24 PM
- ‘Stranger Things’ season 3 saw its highest viewer numbers yet Thursday 12:01 PM
The 2016 election is so much better as ‘Magic: The Gathering’ cards
I’ll trade you a ‘Benghazi’ for your ‘Obvious Historical Allegory’ card.
Sometimes American politics feel like a silly game for attention, with candidates saying outrageous things, bluffing, or just flat out lying to up their poll numbers. To help illustrate the ridiculousness of today’s electoral landscape, one man has turned many of the 2016 presidential hopefuls and their worst ideas into Magic: The Gathering trading cards.
Swapped out are Legendary Creatures like Squee, Goblin Nabob, and Animar, Soul of Elements, in favor of notable public figures vying for the Oval Office. Check out the descriptions of Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton. You don’t need to be Magic aficionados to laugh at the political nuance of these cards.
No candidate is safe from the Mighty God King’s Photoshop tools and sly humor as he calls out the most outrageous aspects of each campaign.
But it’s not just individuals hoping to take Obama’s office who have been given the Magic treatment. Say hello to some other cringeworthy highlights of 2015, from Kim Davis to rampant misinformation on refugees.
You can check out the rest over at Mighty God King’s blog, along with previous Magic card collections of everything government-related. Collect and swap these cards to have the most hilarious deck around.
Photos via Mighty God King
Gabe Bergado is a Daily Dot alumnus who covered dank memes, teens, and the weirdest corners of the Internet. One time, Ted Cruz supporters turned him into a meme—or at least tried to. In 2017, he started reporting for Teen Vogue's entertainment section.