- QAnon-touting congressman sneaks ‘Epstein Didn’t Kill Himself’ into tweets Wednesday 7:12 PM
- Ocasio-Cortez met a famous drag queen–and the right melted down Wednesday 6:09 PM
- Woman says Lyft driver tried to kidnap her Wednesday 5:18 PM
- Debunking the right-wing conspiracy theories from today’s impeachment hearing Wednesday 4:29 PM
- Maroon 5 approves of the latest TikTok trend Wednesday 3:54 PM
- ‘One month left in the decade’ meme wants to know what you’ve accomplished Wednesday 3:53 PM
- Facebook Pay is the latest way to send your friends money Wednesday 3:31 PM
- Diving into ‘The Mandalorian’s first big shocker Wednesday 3:17 PM
- Disney+ will allow password sharing—to an extent Wednesday 1:12 PM
- Black server says manager refused to discipline coworkers who sent racist receipt Wednesday 12:47 PM
- Who is Jonah Hauer-King, Disney’s new Prince Eric? Wednesday 12:47 PM
- Cut Katherine Langford ‘Avengers: Endgame’ scene lands on Disney+ Wednesday 12:22 PM
- Planned Parenthood app to show abortion-seeking users their nearest options Wednesday 12:21 PM
- ‘The Imagineering Story’ offers touching insight into Walt Disney’s vision Wednesday 11:57 AM
- YouTube mom who was charged with child abuse dead at 48 Wednesday 11:39 AM
Lori Harvey, the 22-year-old stepdaughter of Steve Harvey, was arrested after a car accident Sunday night on two charges–a hit-and-run and delaying a police investigation. People are reacting to the circumstance surrounding her arrest with memes.
OK! was the first to report about the incident, which took place in Beverly Hills, California. Harvey allegedly flipped her Mercedes G-Wagon after running into a parked car while texting and driving. Harvey then attempted to flee the scene on foot but was apprehended by police nearby.
“She was arrested for two charges and released on scene,” police told OK! “Not booked. She identified herself properly and signed a written promise to appear in court.”
Police have also stated that they do not believe alcohol was involved and no injuries have been reported.
By the time the incident reached Twitter, recounts of the incident allege that Harvey fleed the scene despite being helped out of her car by the owner of the Prius she hit. By Monday morning, Harvey was a trending sensation.
“Lori Harvey fleeing the scene of the crime,” Twitter user @DD_McC wrote, along with a meme of a woman running away from a car and screaming.
Nobody:— Diet Black (@DD_McC) October 21, 2019
Lori Harvey: pic.twitter.com/R7fyJHwCli
Another equated a meme of Joanne the Scammer tip-toeing away to Harvey.
“Lori Harvey trying to leave the scene of the accident,” Twitter user @darleneturner53 wrote.
Lori Harvey trying to leave the scene of the accident pic.twitter.com/JxJdSMgUkL— DKT (@darleneturner53) October 21, 2019
Twitter user @taylenspen posted a meme of a woman trying to flip a car right side up. “Bitch Lori Harvey is a mess, how tf you try and flee the scene after the person you hit helps you out of your car,” another wrote.
Bitch Lori Harvey is a mess, how tf you try and flee the scene after the person you hit helps you out of your car pic.twitter.com/xSjdoA51Cc— Alexis (@lexi_libra24) October 21, 2019
Before her accident, Harvey was already used to the trending spotlight. She has been seen on dates with a slew of famous beaus. This past summer she was said to be dating the infamous Sean “Diddy” Combs, 49, after being linked to his son.
Lori Harvey been making the news for all the wrong reasons lately— manny (@ezblazin) October 21, 2019
Tiffanie Drayton is a geek culture and lifestyle reporter whose work covers everything from gender and race to anime and Xbox. Her work has appeared in Complex, Salon, Marie Claire, Playboy, and elsewhere.