- Curvy Wife Guy drops music video for rap song ‘Chubby Sexy’ Friday 7:33 PM
- A ‘Black Mirror’ spinoff mini-series is coming to YouTube via Netflix Latin America Friday 5:56 PM
- Kanye West appears on David Letterman’s Netflix show to talk Trump, TMZ, and Drake Friday 3:27 PM
- QAnon believers link small-town arrest to deep state conspiracy without evidence Friday 1:58 PM
- Instagram photos showing prison conditions spark massive protest Friday 1:33 PM
- ‘Gay rat wedding’ headline sparks amazing new meme Friday 1:03 PM
- ‘I read a gossip piece’ meme mocks Moby’s Instagram post Friday 12:39 PM
- Rotten Tomatoes wants to see your ticket stub to leave a verified review Friday 11:46 AM
- ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ movie delayed to 2020 to fix his look Friday 11:39 AM
- ‘Swamp Thing’ gets off to a promising start, but can it tell a convincing love story? Friday 11:34 AM
- ‘Falling on deaf ears’: ‘Queer Eye’ star sparks conversation about ableist idioms Friday 11:15 AM
- Parents are spending thousands on YouTube camps that teach kids how to be famous Friday 10:43 AM
- In season 2 of ‘She’s Gotta Have It,’ Spike Lee remains unapologetically himself Friday 10:36 AM
- Trump selling Pride shirts is a grotesque insult to the LGBTQ community Friday 10:27 AM
- Logan Paul is being mocked for pulling out of slapping competition Friday 9:57 AM
Mom interrupts ‘League of Legends’ streamer in most embarrassing way possible
If only there were a mute button for your mom.
When this guy logged on to the hugely popular game League of Legends, he had no idea that he was signing up for a classic moment of teen boy embarrassment — only to have it all caught on video and posted online by his friend.
It began with the gamer and his friend playing League of Legends and chatting via webcam: so far, so good. But when he won a major battle in the game, a third voice piped up in the background: Mom.
On the bright side, she sounded very supportive of her son’s victory on the digital battlefield. Unfortunately, she then followed it up with the last thing any guy wants to be asked in front of his friends: “Does that mean you’re going to start cleaning your room and start taking showers?”
This YouTube video of the exchange has since racked up over 130,000 views. Nothing says universal humor like watching someone else be embarrassed by their mom.
Photo via Vincent Samaco / Flickr
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor