- ‘Penis fish’ memes erupt after worms wash up on California coast Friday 5:58 PM
- Why Britons are tweeting ‘Little England’ in wake of the U.K. election Friday 3:22 PM
- Net neutrality advocates ask for rehearing on federal court decision Friday 2:29 PM
- Americans are sharing their #PrivateHealthLIFEhacks to help Brits Friday 2:28 PM
- Warren, Sanders, Yang pledge to skip next week’s debate over union dispute Friday 2:12 PM
- How to watch tonight’s Nets vs. Raptors matchup on NBA TV Friday 2:00 PM
- Alt-right comedian Owen Benjamin banned from Instagram over anti-Semitic memes Friday 1:55 PM
- TikTok teens are procrastinating with #FinalsWeek Friday 1:46 PM
- ‘The Mandalorian’ takes on a prison break in episode 6 Friday 1:30 PM
- Nick Cannon vs. Eminem battle expected to escalate after ‘off-limits’ daughter diss Friday 12:50 PM
- Laura Loomer vehemently denies being author of new Laura Loomer-themed action novel Friday 12:30 PM
- PewDiePie’s poop-inspired game gets banned by Apple Friday 11:29 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ showrunners to adapt ‘Lovecraft’ graphic novel to screen Friday 11:00 AM
- The 50 memes that defined the decade Friday 10:45 AM
- Venmo users are getting harassed with fraudulent payment requests Friday 10:38 AM
A team of seven high school seniors unleashed 72,000 ladybugs in Chopticon High School in southern Maryland. This senior prank has led to a series of arrests and indictments. Also, it’s hilarious. Let’s run through all the questions anyone could have:
How did the school get rid of the ladybugs?
A vacuum. The bugs were then put by the bag into the garbage.
Are the bugs now dead?
Was this maybe a favor being done by the students because of an out-of-hand aphid situation?
Probably not. But we have an ask out to Chopticon High on their aphid situation.
Where do you get 72,000 ladybugs?
Are bugs the only weird things you can order over the Internet?
What other weird stuff can you order through the mail?
What’s the Chopticon High School mascot?
Is this ladybug situation some sort of cosmic revenge for a high school with a regressive mascot name?
Were the seniors having trouble getting respect?
Maybe, and if so, very clever.
Why would that be clever?
Ladybugs was a movie starring Rodney Dangerfield.
Could Rodney Dangerfield get respect?
No. Rodney Dangerfield never could get any respect.
Could these students have ordered 72,000 VHS copies of Ladybugs in order to get some respect?
No, that’s dumb. They would have ordered Blu-Rays of Ladybugs.
What happens to the students now?
Four are minors and have already been charged with crimes related to the prank. The students were then released into their parents custody. The remaining three, who are legally adults, have yet to be indicted, but will be via police summons.
Spike Friedman is a comedian and writer who has contributed to Deadspin, Paste, Mental Floss, Grantland, and others. He performed on the house team for the Upright Citizens Brigade in New York.