- Pro-Trump subreddit quarantined over violent threats in support of Oregon Republicans 4 Months Ago
- Woman who live streamed a police officer’s shooting is receiving death threats 4 Months Ago
- Pre-Prime Day deals you don’t want to miss 4 Months Ago
- Dana Loesch out at NRATV; ‘thoughts and prayers’ for her career are in Today 12:33 PM
- Trump’s rant about Megan Rapinoe devolves into treatise about PC culture in the NBA Today 10:41 AM
- Is Millie Bobby Brown joining the MCU? Today 10:39 AM
- Hundreds of thousands demand that Etika’s previously deleted YouTube channel be restored Today 10:18 AM
- Eric Trump says cocktail waitress spit on him in Chicago bar Today 9:47 AM
- Maine governor signs net neutrality bill into law Today 9:07 AM
- How the QAnon movement continues without its messenger Today 8:26 AM
- 6 best Korean beauty products for summer Today 8:17 AM
- ‘The Office’ is leaving Netflix in 2021 Today 7:46 AM
- How to install the iOS 13 beta and test out its best new features Today 7:42 AM
- Swipe This! I want my boyfriend to text me everyday. Is that crazy? Today 7:30 AM
- Why every 2020 Democrat is canceled Today 7:01 AM
Lady Gaga’s haters in college had a Facebook group saying she ‘will never be famous’
‘Y’all couldn’t even hate effectively.’
At Sunday’s Oscars, Lady Gaga won best original song for “Shallow” in A Star Is Born. The award made her the first woman to win an Oscar, Grammy, BAFTA and Golden Globe all in the same year. To be clear, she has won all of those awards in one season in addition to the awards she’s won since her debut album The Fame was released in 2008.
Despite her talent and subsequent rise to fame, she still has haters. When Gaga was in college at New York University, 12 of her haters came together to form a Facebook group called “Stefani Germanotta, you will never be famous.” Stefani Germanotta is Lady Gaga’s real name. Someone on Twitter found the group and posted a screenshot after the Oscars that has gone viral.
When Lady Gaga was in university, there was a Facebook group called “Stefani Germanotta, you’ll never be famous” and now she is the FIRST woman in history to win an Oscar, Grammy, BAFTA and Golden Globe all in the same year. pic.twitter.com/UHMDQR84G4
— Majd (@majdgeorge98) February 25, 2019
People found it funny that there were only 12 members in the group. “The 12 members has me in tears. Yall couldn’t even hate effectively,” someone said.
The 12 members has me in tears. Yall couldn’t even hate effectively.
— Shaunté Daurice (@maseratishaunny) February 26, 2019
12 people 😂😂😂 pic.twitter.com/EaksTZg2Zj
— Sansa Snark (@TheSansaSnark) February 26, 2019
One person perfectly quoted Gaga’s line that “there can be 100 people in the room and 99 people don’t believe in you but you only need just one who does.”
"there can be 100 people in the room and 99 people dont believe in you but you only need just one who does"
— Hiba Tahajud (@hiba_ahmed67) February 26, 2019
Clearly, Gaga has proved those 12 haters wrong.
Gabrielle Sorto is an Atlanta-based freelance writer covering culture, lifestyle, and news. Her work has appeared in CNN, Teen Vogue, INSIDER, and Vice. She can usually be found writing with an overpriced coffee in hand or hanging out with her dog, Rihanna, who is named after exactly who you think.