- Billboard changing albums chart to count YouTube streams 10 Months Ago
- TikTok’s 20 most popular songs of 2019 Today 2:14 PM
- Greek gods memes are flooding Reddit thanks to TV reboot rumors Today 1:47 PM
- Anti-impeachment protesters aimlessly fumble through halls of Congress Today 12:54 PM
- Everything we know so far about the Xbox Series X Today 12:17 PM
- ASMR YouTuber Life with MaK says she was branded a ‘Nazi’ by online smear campaign Today 10:46 AM
- Voters duped by fake ex-Bloomberg intern’s tweet about being fired Today 9:47 AM
- HBO’s ‘Watchmen’ and the fantasy of competence Today 8:00 AM
- Cómo ver Kamaru Usman vs. Colby Covington en el UFC 245 Today 7:00 AM
- ‘Penis fish’ memes erupt after worms wash up on California coast Friday 5:58 PM
- Why Britons are tweeting ‘Little England’ in wake of the U.K. election Friday 3:22 PM
- Net neutrality advocates ask for rehearing on federal court decision Friday 2:29 PM
- Americans are sharing their #PrivateHealthLIFEhacks to help Brits Friday 2:28 PM
- Warren, Sanders, Yang pledge to skip next week’s debate over union dispute Friday 2:12 PM
- How to watch tonight’s Nets vs. Raptors matchup on NBA TV Friday 2:00 PM
At Sunday’s Oscars, Lady Gaga won best original song for “Shallow” in A Star Is Born. The award made her the first woman to win an Oscar, Grammy, BAFTA and Golden Globe all in the same year. To be clear, she has won all of those awards in one season in addition to the awards she’s won since her debut album The Fame was released in 2008.
Despite her talent and subsequent rise to fame, she still has haters. When Gaga was in college at New York University, 12 of her haters came together to form a Facebook group called “Stefani Germanotta, you will never be famous.” Stefani Germanotta is Lady Gaga’s real name. Someone on Twitter found the group and posted a screenshot after the Oscars that has gone viral.
When Lady Gaga was in university, there was a Facebook group called “Stefani Germanotta, you’ll never be famous” and now she is the FIRST woman in history to win an Oscar, Grammy, BAFTA and Golden Globe all in the same year. pic.twitter.com/UHMDQR84G4— Majd (@majdgeorge98) February 25, 2019
People found it funny that there were only 12 members in the group. “The 12 members has me in tears. Yall couldn’t even hate effectively,” someone said.
The 12 members has me in tears. Yall couldn’t even hate effectively.— Shaunté Daurice (@maseratishaunny) February 26, 2019
12 people 😂😂😂 pic.twitter.com/EaksTZg2Zj— Sansa Snark (@TheSansaSnark) February 26, 2019
One person perfectly quoted Gaga’s line that “there can be 100 people in the room and 99 people don’t believe in you but you only need just one who does.”
"there can be 100 people in the room and 99 people dont believe in you but you only need just one who does"— Hiba Tahajud (@hiba_ahmed67) February 26, 2019
Clearly, Gaga has proved those 12 haters wrong.
Gabrielle Sorto is an Atlanta-based freelance writer covering culture, lifestyle, and news. Her work has appeared in CNN, Teen Vogue, INSIDER, and Vice. She can usually be found writing with an overpriced coffee in hand or hanging out with her dog, Rihanna, who is named after exactly who you think.