- ‘The Matrix 4’ is happening with Keanu Reeves and Carrie-Anne Moss 6 Months Ago
- Fantasy football 2019: Your team-by-team NFC preview 6 Months Ago
- The 10 best science podcasts to teach you about our world Today 6:00 AM
- How to make sure you have access to every Instagram filter Today 6:00 AM
- Trump accuses Jewish Democrats of having ‘great disloyalty’ or a ‘lack of knowledge’ Tuesday 8:02 PM
- 1 million ‘anonymous’ users of popular porn site exposed in breach Tuesday 6:56 PM
- Khloé Kardashian angers followers with a calorie-counting joke about True Tuesday 6:14 PM
- Spider-Man may no longer be part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe Tuesday 5:28 PM
- Robert De Niro’s company is suing ex-employee for binge-watching Netflix at work Tuesday 4:41 PM
- Intentionally misgendering a character could get you banned from Borderlands 3 Tuesday 4:06 PM
- Facebook pulls Trump re-election ad for targeting ‘strong women’ Tuesday 4:03 PM
- Kamala Harris says she will restore net neutrality if elected Tuesday 3:16 PM
- All 8 of the ‘Rocky’ movies, ranked Tuesday 2:50 PM
- Everything you need to know about the Facebook conservative bias report Tuesday 2:35 PM
- Study links emoji use to more sex Tuesday 2:10 PM
At Sunday’s Oscars, Lady Gaga won best original song for “Shallow” in A Star Is Born. The award made her the first woman to win an Oscar, Grammy, BAFTA and Golden Globe all in the same year. To be clear, she has won all of those awards in one season in addition to the awards she’s won since her debut album The Fame was released in 2008.
Despite her talent and subsequent rise to fame, she still has haters. When Gaga was in college at New York University, 12 of her haters came together to form a Facebook group called “Stefani Germanotta, you will never be famous.” Stefani Germanotta is Lady Gaga’s real name. Someone on Twitter found the group and posted a screenshot after the Oscars that has gone viral.
When Lady Gaga was in university, there was a Facebook group called “Stefani Germanotta, you’ll never be famous” and now she is the FIRST woman in history to win an Oscar, Grammy, BAFTA and Golden Globe all in the same year. pic.twitter.com/UHMDQR84G4— Majd (@majdgeorge98) February 25, 2019
People found it funny that there were only 12 members in the group. “The 12 members has me in tears. Yall couldn’t even hate effectively,” someone said.
The 12 members has me in tears. Yall couldn’t even hate effectively.— Shaunté Daurice (@maseratishaunny) February 26, 2019
12 people 😂😂😂 pic.twitter.com/EaksTZg2Zj— Sansa Snark (@TheSansaSnark) February 26, 2019
One person perfectly quoted Gaga’s line that “there can be 100 people in the room and 99 people don’t believe in you but you only need just one who does.”
"there can be 100 people in the room and 99 people dont believe in you but you only need just one who does"— Hiba Tahajud (@hiba_ahmed67) February 26, 2019
Clearly, Gaga has proved those 12 haters wrong.
Gabrielle Sorto is an Atlanta-based freelance writer covering culture, lifestyle, and news. Her work has appeared in CNN, Teen Vogue, INSIDER, and Vice. She can usually be found writing with an overpriced coffee in hand or hanging out with her dog, Rihanna, who is named after exactly who you think.