- How to stream Tottenham Hotspur vs. Watford Friday 9:00 PM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Eibar Friday 6:00 PM
- How to stream ‘Bigfoot’ Silva vs. Gabriel Gonzaga in BKFC Friday 6:00 PM
- Demi Lovato’s nude photos allegedly leaked on Snapchat Friday 3:07 PM
- NBA TV is the new streaming service for basketball fanatics Friday 3:02 PM
- California residents will get cell phone alerts seconds before earthquakes Friday 2:29 PM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. RCD Mallorca Friday 2:00 PM
- Trump accused of ‘using the language of ethnic cleansing’ regarding Kurds Friday 1:42 PM
- Hillary Clinton also thinks Tulsi Gabbard is a Russian bot Friday 1:13 PM
- TikTok girls dancing to voicemails from sh*tty exes is a vibe Friday 12:34 PM
- Netflix reports strong growth—but it faces 3 major hurdles in Q4 Friday 12:33 PM
- Telegram is hosting videos of extrajudicial killings in Syria Friday 12:32 PM
- ‘El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie’ tops 8 million viewers in first week Friday 11:31 AM
- ‘Uncut Gems’ brings a high-stakes gambling risk to life Friday 11:29 AM
- Mark Zuckerberg gives a revisionist history about why he started Facebook in big speech Friday 10:52 AM
At Sunday’s Oscars, Lady Gaga won best original song for “Shallow” in A Star Is Born. The award made her the first woman to win an Oscar, Grammy, BAFTA and Golden Globe all in the same year. To be clear, she has won all of those awards in one season in addition to the awards she’s won since her debut album The Fame was released in 2008.
Despite her talent and subsequent rise to fame, she still has haters. When Gaga was in college at New York University, 12 of her haters came together to form a Facebook group called “Stefani Germanotta, you will never be famous.” Stefani Germanotta is Lady Gaga’s real name. Someone on Twitter found the group and posted a screenshot after the Oscars that has gone viral.
When Lady Gaga was in university, there was a Facebook group called “Stefani Germanotta, you’ll never be famous” and now she is the FIRST woman in history to win an Oscar, Grammy, BAFTA and Golden Globe all in the same year. pic.twitter.com/UHMDQR84G4— Majd (@majdgeorge98) February 25, 2019
People found it funny that there were only 12 members in the group. “The 12 members has me in tears. Yall couldn’t even hate effectively,” someone said.
The 12 members has me in tears. Yall couldn’t even hate effectively.— Shaunté Daurice (@maseratishaunny) February 26, 2019
12 people 😂😂😂 pic.twitter.com/EaksTZg2Zj— 👻Sansa "Destroy all candy corn" Snark👻 (@TheSansaSnark) February 26, 2019
One person perfectly quoted Gaga’s line that “there can be 100 people in the room and 99 people don’t believe in you but you only need just one who does.”
"there can be 100 people in the room and 99 people dont believe in you but you only need just one who does"— Hiba Tahajud (@hiba_ahmed67) February 26, 2019
Clearly, Gaga has proved those 12 haters wrong.
Gabrielle Sorto is an Atlanta-based freelance writer covering culture, lifestyle, and news. Her work has appeared in CNN, Teen Vogue, INSIDER, and Vice. She can usually be found writing with an overpriced coffee in hand or hanging out with her dog, Rihanna, who is named after exactly who you think.