- Judge orders Roger Stone to appear in court after his Instagram post 9 Months Ago
- I worked with the migrant caravan—and Trump is the cause of his national emergency 9 Months Ago
- How to watch Liverpool vs. Bayern Munich online for free 9 Months Ago
- ‘Patriot Act’ volume 2 proves Hasan Minhaj is the next big star of the news-comedy genre 9 Months Ago
- ‘Friends From College’ canceled after 2 seasons at Netflix 9 Months Ago
- Allow your wallet to be your spirit guide during this rad anime sale 9 Months Ago
- Man stages fake DUI trial to propose to girlfriend, and people are asking why 9 Months Ago
- Bernie Sanders’ website full of 404s on launch day Today 10:23 AM
- Pose’s Indya Moore goes viral for arguing trans women have ‘biologically female’ penises Today 10:21 AM
- Howard Schultz pens Medium essay declaring ‘unprecedented appetite’ for Schultz 2020 Today 9:56 AM
- The weirdest movie at the Oscars is ‘Border’ Today 9:22 AM
- Did Elon Musk just host PewDiePie’s meme review? Today 8:53 AM
- Loona stans take over Twitter with praise for the ‘Butterfly’ video Today 7:31 AM
- ‘Yucatán’ is a caper comedy that’s long on cons but short on laughs Today 7:00 AM
- The best memes of 2019 Today 7:00 AM
This photo of Kim Kardashian and Donald Trump might be the most cursed image of 2018
President Donald Trump on Wednesday tweeted what may be the most cursed image of the year: It’s a photo of him smiling at his Oval Office desk with a solemn Kim Kardashian West at his side. The internet is horrified and coping with jokes, of course.
“Great meeting with @KimKardashian today, talked about prison reform and sentencing,” the president wrote.
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) May 30, 2018
Kardashian’s White House visit was anticipated. She had been planning to meet with Trump and other officials, including Jared Kushner, to discuss prison reform and ask for the pardon of a 62-year-old woman in jail.
I see the summit with Kim is back on… https://t.co/8rQOL47tfB
— Iain Dale (@IainDale) May 30, 2018
KIM KARDASHIAN'S COMING OVER DON'T TELL JEFF SESSIONS I WANT TO MAKE HER THE NEW ATTORNEY GENERAL ALSO HAVE YOU SEEN MELANIE? pic.twitter.com/BryvoLwRlR
— Karen DaltonBeninato (@kbeninato) May 30, 2018
What wasn’t anticipated was the photo that came out of the Kardashian-Trump meet up.
They look like the Addams Family.
— Gigi C (@reggiecunico1) May 31, 2018
Daily Beast writer and critic Ira Madison III pointed out an intriguing coincidence: Kardashian’s appearance with Trump comes on the 20th day that first lady Melania Trump has been absent from the public eye.
Amid many conspiracy theories, the Kardashian photo brings up a new one: Has she been replaced?
“You are Melania now.” pic.twitter.com/5Mph6ghcH8
— Ira (@ira) May 30, 2018
Of course, there were many other jokes made about a famous reality star discussing prison reform with another famous reality star who just happens to be president, because that’s the only way to digest the hellish reality the photo represents.
— Adam Mincks (@RufusOverYrHead) May 30, 2018
There’s at least a ten percent chance Donald Trump is meeting with Kim Kardashian because he thinks she’s the leader of North Korea.
— Palmer Report (@PalmerReport) May 30, 2018
“So, here’s the pitch. It’s a fish out of water story but get this, he’s the president and we have Donald Trump play him. And then, here’s the kicker we have Kim Kardashian play his sassy but still incompetent Chief of staff. It’s like Veep meets The Purge.” pic.twitter.com/3EO9V87vAL
— Molly Jong-Fast (@MollyJongFast) May 30, 2018
Even beyond the dystopian implications, there were other questions about the photo. For example, what’s up with Kardashian’s pants?
— Gina Rushton (@ginarush) May 30, 2018
And when’s the beauty line dropping?
Donald is wearing KKW Beauty foundation in Nonsensical Screaming Papaya and Kim is sporting creme lipstick in Kanye We Need to Talk pic.twitter.com/zYqZPUK8ka
— kyla (@whatkyIasaid) May 30, 2018
But here’s the biggest question: Why didn’t any of us see this coming?
— Daniel Radosh (@danielradosh) May 30, 2018
Kris Seavers is the Evening Editor for the Daily Dot, where she covers breaking news, politics, and LGBTQ issues. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.