- A bunch of celebrities fell for that viral Instagram hoax 1 Year Ago
- Former Die Antwoord crew member says video shows ‘homophobic attack’ 1 Year Ago
- How to stream all the MLS Rivalry Week matches 1 Year Ago
- Nevada officials issue warnings for people prepping to ‘Storm Area 51’ 1 Year Ago
- These are the 8 best fighting games available today Today 12:43 PM
- Pluto TV and the NFL launch the NFL Channel Today 12:40 PM
- Trump: ‘I am the chosen one’ Today 12:33 PM
- Video shows arrest of 15-year-old who threatened school shooting online Today 12:11 PM
- Woman finds massive diamond after watching YouTube video on how to find diamonds Today 11:30 AM
- Up to 20 states are banding together to probe Facebook, Google Today 11:08 AM
- Get your tinker on with the Electronic Games Advent Calendar Today 10:51 AM
- Why Joe Biden has big Jeb Bush energy Today 10:35 AM
- Trump quotes conspiracy theorist saying he’s the ‘second coming of God’ Today 9:04 AM
- Parkland teens announce massive gun reform proposal Today 9:04 AM
- Here’s how you can get a free palm reading online Today 8:48 AM
President Donald Trump on Wednesday tweeted what may be the most cursed image of the year: It’s a photo of him smiling at his Oval Office desk with a solemn Kim Kardashian West at his side. The internet is horrified and coping with jokes, of course.
“Great meeting with @KimKardashian today, talked about prison reform and sentencing,” the president wrote.
Kardashian’s White House visit was anticipated. She had been planning to meet with Trump and other officials, including Jared Kushner, to discuss prison reform and ask for the pardon of a 62-year-old woman in jail.
I see the summit with Kim is back on... https://t.co/8rQOL47tfB— Iain Dale (@IainDale) May 30, 2018
KIM KARDASHIAN'S COMING OVER DON'T TELL JEFF SESSIONS I WANT TO MAKE HER THE NEW ATTORNEY GENERAL ALSO HAVE YOU SEEN MELANIE? pic.twitter.com/BryvoLwRlR— Karen DaltonBeninato (@kbeninato) May 30, 2018
What wasn’t anticipated was the photo that came out of the Kardashian-Trump meet up.
They look like the Addams Family.— Gigi C (@reggiecunico1) May 31, 2018
Daily Beast writer and critic Ira Madison III pointed out an intriguing coincidence: Kardashian’s appearance with Trump comes on the 20th day that first lady Melania Trump has been absent from the public eye.
Amid many conspiracy theories, the Kardashian photo brings up a new one: Has she been replaced?
“You are Melania now.” pic.twitter.com/5Mph6ghcH8— Ira (@ira) May 30, 2018
Of course, there were many other jokes made about a famous reality star discussing prison reform with another famous reality star who just happens to be president, because that’s the only way to digest the hellish reality the photo represents.
Ofdonald— Adam Mincks (@RufusOverYrHead) May 30, 2018
There’s at least a ten percent chance Donald Trump is meeting with Kim Kardashian because he thinks she’s the leader of North Korea.— Palmer Report (@PalmerReport) May 30, 2018
“So, here’s the pitch. It’s a fish out of water story but get this, he’s the president and we have Donald Trump play him. And then, here’s the kicker we have Kim Kardashian play his sassy but still incompetent Chief of staff. It’s like Veep meets The Purge.” pic.twitter.com/3EO9V87vAL— Molly Jong-Fast (@MollyJongFast) May 30, 2018
Even beyond the dystopian implications, there were other questions about the photo. For example, what’s up with Kardashian’s pants?
And when’s the beauty line dropping?
Donald is wearing KKW Beauty foundation in Nonsensical Screaming Papaya and Kim is sporting creme lipstick in Kanye We Need to Talk pic.twitter.com/zYqZPUK8ka— kyla (@whatkyIasaid) May 30, 2018
But here’s the biggest question: Why didn’t any of us see this coming?
Kris Seavers is the Evening Editor for the Daily Dot, where she covers breaking news, politics, and LGBTQ issues. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.