- Congressman quotes ‘Mein Kampf’ on House floor 1 Year Ago
- Rapper Tone Loc detained after confronting teen in Confederate flag hat 1 Year Ago
- Sarah Sanders shares Mueller Madness bracket Today 10:19 AM
- NASA postpones all-women spacewalk over lack of suits that fit the female astronauts Today 10:17 AM
- Texas Rangers shortstop walks up to ‘Baby Shark’ Today 9:58 AM
- The best wireless gaming headsets under $100 Today 9:23 AM
- Trump demands networks blacklist these guests—including prominent Democrats Today 9:09 AM
- Bookworms! Now’s your chance to grab 3 months of Amazon Music for free Today 9:00 AM
- You can get paid $1,000 to binge-watch the first 20 Marvel movies Today 8:56 AM
- The ‘flat stomach’ meme has morphed into the ‘pregnant mom’ meme Today 8:43 AM
- Get 6 months free with this sweet Amazon Music Unlimited offer Today 8:30 AM
- Zoie Burgher tweets details about supposed threesome with FaZe Pamaj, Abigale Mandler Today 8:09 AM
- How to stream MLB Network for free Today 8:05 AM
- BTS fans at war over these divisive Mattel dolls Today 7:38 AM
- ‘ReMastered: The Miami Showband Massacre’ revisits one of Ireland’s greatest tragedies Today 7:00 AM
Kid goes viral with delightfully earnest review of Lil Yachty’s ‘Baby Daddy’
‘It’s called ‘Baby Daddy,’ so that’s pretty inviting’
Anyone can become a music critic today. You just need a YouTube channel and some high-quality snacks.
A kid who goes by “Rory” posted a video to his YouTube channel over the weekend reacting to Lil Yachty’s new song “Baby Daddy,” which also features Lil Pump and Offset. The video is wonderfully earnest as he gives feedback during various points in the song. Some highlights: “I’m going to see if there’s a clean version so my parents and the people at my school will not get mad at me,” “It’s called ‘Baby Daddy,’ so that’s pretty inviting,” “This song is so freaking short! I want these features to be longer!”
A person shared the video on Twitter on Sunday with the caption, “lmfao bro this cannot be real,” and it received more than 76,000 retweets.
lmfao bro this cannot be real pic.twitter.com/JujMlLHvdS
— Liam (@706Liam) March 11, 2018
This kid already has a lot of fans on the internet.
I’d actually watch this kid consistently
— Q (@QuinnTietz) March 13, 2018
First off, how he's holding the cat kills me..
"My dad's not here rn, he's still at work, so I'm going to blast some Lil Pump"
"People at my school will not get mad at me"
"I didn't just come with my mom's phone"
"Trader Joe's 100% Organic Melon Juice"
"Mostly eaten bag of chips"
— Luke Kail (@Lukail22) March 13, 2018
I've never stanned someone more in my life than the kid in this video https://t.co/XUh8WaEv8k
— im just cooking pizza (@catersnakes) March 13, 2018
Rory is an icon of our generation & if u don't watch his videos I don't trust u https://t.co/qrQhvwuZ6D
— meghan hughes (@MeghanHughes) March 13, 2018
This is so cute and pure pls protect him https://t.co/0ak2cGTvyp
— N3N4 (@killnena) March 13, 2018
You can watch the full video below. Before playing the song, Rory shows off his essentials for music critiquing: a half-eaten bag of chips, a glass of organic melon juice from Trader Joe’s, and a spray bottle of water “just in case stuff gets too fire.” Yeah, you’re probably going to see a lot more of Rory in the future.
Tiffany Kelly is the Unclick editor at Daily Dot. Previously, she worked at Ars Technica and Wired. Her writing has appeared in several other print and online publications, including the Los Angeles Times, Popular Mechanics, and GQ.