- Facebook pledges $1 billion to fight housing crisis it helped create 4 Years Ago
- Lizzo officially credits ‘DNA test’ tweet writer on ‘Truth Hurts’ 4 Years Ago
- Pornhub takes down videos secretly filmed in a college women’s locker room Today 4:15 PM
- Google Maps on iPhone now shows you speed traps Today 3:47 PM
- Here’s why you’re seeing ‘rise and shine’ all over social media Today 3:45 PM
- AOC grills Zuckerberg over false political ads on Facebook Today 3:27 PM
- Fox News promotes pro-faith, anti-antifa film ‘The Reliant’ Today 3:17 PM
- Cardi B to star in ‘Fast & Furious 9’ Today 3:12 PM
- AOC on opening her DMs: ‘By this morning, it was trash’ Today 2:26 PM
- The ending to Netflix’s ‘Eli’ has divided viewers Today 2:07 PM
- Teen consumes ungodly amount of meat, becomes meme Today 2:07 PM
- Edward Snowden says 9/11 could have been stopped on Joe Rogan podcast Today 1:44 PM
- TikTok releases safety videos Today 1:30 PM
- Instagram to label fake news as ‘False Information’ Today 1:28 PM
- A handy guide to deciding which VSCO filter your photo needs Today 12:35 PM
The hilarious memes that welcomed Saint West into the world
The heavens have opened up and the lord has blessed Kim and Kanye with a beautiful baby boy.
The heavens have opened up and the lord has blessed Kim and Kanye with a beautiful baby boy. To give thanks for these bountiful blessings, the Kardashian-Wests have chosen to name their son, Saint West.
Perhaps the Internet had its hopes too high when, two years ago, Kimye announced their first-born child would be named North West. Naturally, the world was praying for another celebrity baby to be named after a cardinal direction. But global superstars are full of surprises.
“Saint West” became the top trending topic immediately after the announcement on Monday. And just like that the two-day-old baby broke the Internet before knowing it existed. The only thing left for the “I Am A God” artist and “the girl who became a superstar all from a home movie” to do was recognize their son as a heavenly figure.
And, so, the heavenly tweets followed.
Illustration via Max Fleishman
Ziwe Fumudoh is a writer and comedian. Her work has appeared in the Onion and Reductress, and she is a co-host at Crooked Media.