- Chaotic good, true neutral: The 2020 Democrat alignment chart Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream Mexico vs. Brazil live in the U-17 World Cup final Today 3:00 AM
- Influencer gets prison time for performing illegal cosmetic procedures on followers Saturday 5:13 PM
- Parent immediately regrets baby monitor after seeing ‘possessed’ baby Saturday 3:53 PM
- Buttigieg used Kenyan stock photo to promote plan for Black America Saturday 2:29 PM
- Disney+ is the best streaming service for families available today Saturday 1:43 PM
- Netflix to amend Nazi docuseries after being accused of rewriting history Saturday 1:09 PM
- Everything you need to know about TikTok Saturday 1:00 PM
- Screaming drummer girl steals hearts with passionate Nirvana cover Saturday 12:50 PM
- The Kardashians receiving backlash for food fight Instagram post Saturday 10:26 AM
- How to stream Artem Lobov vs. Jason Knight in BKFC Saturday 9:00 AM
- Lizzo sued by Postmates runner she accused of stealing her food Saturday 8:39 AM
- How to stream Jan Blachowicz vs. Ronaldo ‘Jacare’ Souza on UFC Fight Night Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to watch Georgia vs. Auburn live Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to stream Navy vs. Notre Dame live Saturday 3:30 AM
Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) was at an event recently doing what people who want to become president do: waving and trying to look sincere. While Harris might indeed be a distinguished lawmaker, her acting ability could use a little work.
People on Twitter noticed and seemed to find her apparently insincere look super relatable.
It has now become a reaction meme employed whenever anyone is trying to hide their true emotions.
16 year old me waving bye to my mom after she dropped me off at sleepover knowing I was about to change into some Charlotte Russe tights and hit a basement party with my girls pic.twitter.com/X03tW5rOJp— Quinta Brunson (@quintabrunson) July 29, 2019
Me waving goodbye to my family from quad knowing I’m finna act a fool as soon as they pull off pic.twitter.com/IttOZ5ze0R— Kemi (@kemi_keemi) July 29, 2019
Me waving goodbye to yall suspended accounts while I still have mine pic.twitter.com/Xfk0IdHUEH— ➳chanel (@KissMySnap) July 30, 2019
black people in 1914 waving at the titanic that they weren’t allowed to be on pic.twitter.com/wv55JIKNA7— le negreaux riche (@MamoudouNDiaye) July 28, 2019
me waving goodbye to my favorite artist when they leave the stage even tho i’m in a section they can’t even see https://t.co/wVQNzKsWRP— 𝓚𝓐𝓛𝓔𝓨 (@foolsgoldkaley) July 28, 2019
waving over the waitress at brunch when it’s time for mimosas pic.twitter.com/KIf0mYldhv— Logan Hall (@loganclarkhall) July 28, 2019
Me waving goodbye to all the bullshit that I’ve been listening for the last two years now that Rihanna is about to drop pic.twitter.com/jxYctXPjx3— . (@SinsOfMyFather_) July 30, 2019
Some people used the GIF to take shots at Harris, especially her recent student loan forgiveness plan.
Kamala Harris waving to the 3 people whose student debt she plans on cancelling pic.twitter.com/btxJgc1Srh— jh (@Cracker_Jack93) July 28, 2019
Kamala Harris waving you goodbye to debtors prison after forgiving 20k of your 80k student loan debt and racking up 80k more in a business loan after your chicken shack business in the hood fails to break even in 3 years pic.twitter.com/KwRACpAJrZ— Daemon Blackfyre🇺🇲 (@lastcharmander) July 28, 2019
It’s always possible that Harris was being sincere, and perhaps having a very heartfelt moment. It just didn’t come across that way to social media users.
In the future, we recommend the senator do more chair dancing. She’s great at it.
- Marianne Williamson: ‘I understand that my delivery made me vulnerable to mockery’
- Pete Buttigieg unveils gig economy plan
- 2020 Democrats refuse to answer our questions about ‘Cats’
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.