- Lyft received a whopping 7 sexual assault lawsuits in a day Wednesday 10:00 PM
- High school reopens investigation into Nazi salute video after other racist videos emerge Wednesday 7:14 PM
- Facebook content moderators continue to suffer from brutal working conditions Wednesday 5:58 PM
- #RIPReese: Man bullied for relationship with trans woman dies by suicide Wednesday 4:46 PM
- Redaction error reveals ICE is paying Palantir $49 million Wednesday 4:25 PM
- People are using social media to raise awareness about the Amazon fires Wednesday 4:24 PM
- How to watch ‘Detective Pikachu’ right now Wednesday 3:56 PM
- Walmart is suing Tesla over fires at stores with solar panels Wednesday 3:44 PM
- Jeremy Renner asks nicely for Sony to let Spider-Man back in the MCU Wednesday 2:51 PM
- The best and safest torrenting sites you should be using in 2019 Wednesday 2:47 PM
- ‘Beyoncé’s Assistant for a Day’ creator is releasing more games on storytelling app Yarn Wednesday 1:54 PM
- Why does everyone keep falling for that Instagram and Facebook hoax? Wednesday 1:46 PM
- A bunch of celebrities fell for that viral Instagram hoax Wednesday 1:17 PM
- Former Die Antwoord crew member says video shows ‘homophobic attack’ Wednesday 1:13 PM
- How to stream all the MLS Rivalry Week matches Wednesday 1:13 PM
Barack Obama‘s post-presidency global tour finally took him to our neighbor up north, where last night he sat down for dinner with Canadian prime minister and viral hits factory Justin Trudeau. Now, these two are no strangers to Twitter’s adoration of them, so Trudeau must have known that the second he dropped this shot of him and Obama casually enjoying an evening meal in Montreal, the like button was gonna be smashed.
Again and again and again. Because… look at this.
As was pointed out, they knew what was up. They knew.
its like obama and trudeau saw all the memes and said "let's do dinner, for the fandom"— Oliver Willis (@owillis) June 7, 2017
But they maybe had no idea just how much the internet would go for it.
I am this little piggy. pic.twitter.com/JoCnh0pShW— James West (@jameswest2010) June 7, 2017
One day, all of this will be over and Trudeau, the Obamas & Macron can travel the world doing good deeds and solving crimes. https://t.co/DKbIHPLyMA— William K. Wolfrum (@Wolfrum) June 7, 2017
Friends forever. https://t.co/YKiYXSLOgw— Nancy Sinatra (@NancySinatra) June 7, 2017
^ 'Memories, light the corners of my mind— Maggie Jordan: (@MaggieJordanACN) June 7, 2017
Misty water-colored memories, of the way we were' pic.twitter.com/5sBsG196sN
As with anything on Twitter these days, some pointed out that it could be construed as shade toward the current president.
Let's be honest, this picture is gonna drive Trump crazy. https://t.co/7Lhuq19QV8— Shaun Haney (@shaunhaney) June 7, 2017
President Trump has not tweeted about date night—yet. But one Twitter user noted it appeared he was there.
Oh look Trump was there too. pic.twitter.com/j2qstkizOl— Bradford Pearson (@BradfordPearson) June 7, 2017
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]