- Influencer accused of selling shirt she was supposed to promote Tuesday 8:42 PM
- Jameela Jamil dragged for comparing reproductive rights to landlord rights Tuesday 6:54 PM
- Trump campaign posts Thanos meme, totally misses point of ‘Endgame’ Tuesday 5:58 PM
- Petition calls for Apple to make a Baby Yoda emoji Tuesday 5:16 PM
- This BTS-Billie Eilish mashup is the most popular tweet of 2019 Tuesday 4:51 PM
- Michelle Wolf embraces vulgarity in ‘Joke Show’ Tuesday 4:24 PM
- Influencer gets 14 years in prison for trying to steal domain name at gunpoint Tuesday 4:14 PM
- ‘Three Days of Christmas’ is a delightfully dark holiday alternative to Hallmark Tuesday 3:55 PM
- The way Trump Jr. holds his own book inspires mockery Tuesday 3:47 PM
- Woman facing backlash for no longer wearing hijab in end of the decade photo Tuesday 3:16 PM
- Report: Consulting firm lied about decreasing violence at Rikers Island jail Tuesday 2:36 PM
- TikTok users are sharing things they thought were ‘ghetto’ as kids Tuesday 2:31 PM
- Republicans just blocked a net neutrality vote in the Senate Tuesday 2:24 PM
- ‘Fox & Friends’ host stuck using dad’s account after Twitter suspension Tuesday 1:10 PM
- ‘They’ is Merriam-Webster’s word of the year Tuesday 12:56 PM
Barack Obama‘s post-presidency global tour finally took him to our neighbor up north, where last night he sat down for dinner with Canadian prime minister and viral hits factory Justin Trudeau. Now, these two are no strangers to Twitter’s adoration of them, so Trudeau must have known that the second he dropped this shot of him and Obama casually enjoying an evening meal in Montreal, the like button was gonna be smashed.
Again and again and again. Because… look at this.
As was pointed out, they knew what was up. They knew.
its like obama and trudeau saw all the memes and said "let's do dinner, for the fandom"— Oliver Willis (@owillis) June 7, 2017
But they maybe had no idea just how much the internet would go for it.
I am this little piggy. pic.twitter.com/JoCnh0pShW— James West (@jameswest2010) June 7, 2017
One day, all of this will be over and Trudeau, the Obamas & Macron can travel the world doing good deeds and solving crimes. https://t.co/DKbIHPLyMA— William K. Wolfrum (@Wolfrum) June 7, 2017
Friends forever. https://t.co/YKiYXSLOgw— Nancy Sinatra (@NancySinatra) June 7, 2017
^ 'Memories, light the corners of my mind— Maggie Jordan: (@MaggieJordanACN) June 7, 2017
Misty water-colored memories, of the way we were' pic.twitter.com/5sBsG196sN
As with anything on Twitter these days, some pointed out that it could be construed as shade toward the current president.
Let's be honest, this picture is gonna drive Trump crazy. https://t.co/7Lhuq19QV8— Shaun Haney (@shaunhaney) June 7, 2017
President Trump has not tweeted about date night—yet. But one Twitter user noted it appeared he was there.
Oh look Trump was there too. pic.twitter.com/j2qstkizOl— Bradford Pearson (@BradfordPearson) June 7, 2017
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]