- Who is Corn Pop? Here are all the theories about the gang leader from Joe Biden’s past 2 Years Ago
- Fresh sexual misconduct allegations against Kavanaugh spur calls for impeachment Today 3:28 PM
- Mike Pence says a triple crown winning racehorse bit him Today 12:51 PM
- Disney CEO Bob Iger leaves Apple board amid streaming wars Today 12:01 PM
- Influencer Destiny Marquez faces backlash for berating Forever 21 employee Today 10:32 AM
- Chelsea Handler tackles system racism in ‘Hello Privilege. It’s Me, Chelsea’ Today 9:18 AM
- Gun control proposal: Trump, lawmakers considering background check-conducting app Today 9:05 AM
- How to stream Browns vs. Jets on Monday Night Football Today 7:00 AM
- What are anons? Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream Eagles vs. Falcons on Sunday Night Football Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 4 Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream WWE’s Clash of Champions 2019 Saturday 8:00 PM
- How ‘F*ck off Scotland’ became a Scottish rallying cry amid Brexit madness Saturday 6:28 PM
- A Missouri officer resigned after his Islamophobic Facebook posts surfaced Saturday 5:08 PM
- Adding ‘Triggered’ to stock photos of white men creates Netflix comedy special thumbnails Saturday 3:10 PM
It did not, by all accounts, go very well.
But don’t take anyone else’s word for it—just watch the despondent, hollow stare of Trump’s new chief of staff, retired Gen. John Kelly, who took the job just two weeks ago. Many expected him to be a disciplinarian, able to keep Trump and the rest of a chaotic West Wing on message.
It appears he’s yet to achieve that goal.
Does that need the Curb Your Enthusiasm theme? A lot of people felt it needed the Curb Your Enthusiasm theme.
Okay, here it is with the Curb Your Enthusiasm theme.
And here’s a longer version, this time with Trump’s words and the Curb theme.
Lemme just drop this masterpiece here https://t.co/zdvj5t7Ait— JonJon (@saltontheside) August 16, 2017
But it wasn’t just a Larry David moment for Kelly. Some actually thought they were watching the poor man’s soul being crushed in real time.
As a friend put it, it's interesting watching the moment a man's soul actually leaves his body. https://t.co/DX2ChrMvWb— Mary Beth Williams (@embeedub) August 16, 2017
Everything. Trump. Touches. Dies. https://t.co/5MDoJARErY— Nunca Trump (@NeverTrumpTexan) August 16, 2017
There was also a plea for some Talking Heads.
"You may say to yourself -- My God! What have I done?'" https://t.co/WbTDbwtYb1— Oliver Morton (@Eaterofsun) August 16, 2017
It’s pretty perfect with some Simon & Garfunkel.
Gen. Kelly watching that press conference pic.twitter.com/GGlazd8cen— Josh Billinson (@jbillinson) August 15, 2017
But then again, maybe we are all getting it wrong.
Dude eagerly implemented a Muslim ban and deported moms. I think people are reading too much into this. https://t.co/whDGYwYQSw— LOLGOP (@LOLGOP) August 16, 2017
This being Trump, we’ll find out soon enough where Kelly stands after Tuesday.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]