- Even real cats are transfixed by the enigma that is the ‘Cats’ trailer 3 Years Ago
- Wait, how tall is Peppa Pig? Today 1:55 PM
- Twitter suspends Iranian state media outlets for harassing members of a religious minority Today 1:06 PM
- Pro-MAGA pageant queen stripped of title over ‘offensive’ tweets Today 11:52 AM
- Marvel unveiled its Phase 4 plans at San Diego Comic-Con Today 9:16 AM
- How a queer Instagram is helping fight the opioid epidemic in Appalachia Today 6:30 AM
- Philadelphia to fire 13 officers for racist, violent Facebook posts Saturday 6:12 PM
- Nick Offerman is so down to play every single role in ‘Cats’ Saturday 4:27 PM
- Woman documents how airport staff broke her wheelchair Saturday 3:04 PM
- Funeral home allegedly posted photos of woman’s dead body on social media Saturday 1:56 PM
- Alinity Divine is being investigated after throwing her cat during stream (updated) Saturday 12:04 PM
- ‘Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee’ returns with Seinfeld making a racist joke about China Saturday 10:26 AM
- YouTubers Eugenia Cooney and Shane Dawson make a joint comeback Saturday 9:06 AM
- The crushing effects of Trump’s abortion ‘gag rule’ on healthcare Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to live stream Pacquiao vs. Thurman Saturday 6:20 AM
Comedian Jessica Moore hilariously talks friend out of buying hideous shoes on Instagram
What a fashion don’t.
The world of fashion can be a curious thing. Strange and ugly outfits fly off the shelves simply for the couture factor, occassionally making their way to the fashionista folks you know. If you’re nice, you’ll let your friends wear what’s in style and let them be.
Or, after one glance at their shoes, you’ll have to shut it down, like comedian Jessica Moore, who took her friend, Nicole Brown, shopping on her birthday. Moore didn’t allow the birthday girl to buy just any shoes and brutally let her know how ugly the two pairs she picked out were.
She wanted to spare her friend the embarrassment of going to the club with the shoes currently trending on Instagram. They’re called Perspex boots. If Kim Kardashian can pull it off why shouldn’t she be able to?
“They look like a fuckin’ hefty trash bag with a shot glass on the back,” Moore says of the darker pair of high heels Brown’s picked out.
Oh. Those shoes.
“Now you sitting here looking like you bout to cry because you cant get them” Moore tells her friend. “They look like a fucking experiment.”
If you’re wondering, the comedian’s convincing skills were so great that Brown didn’t get the shoes. Thank goodness.
Nidia Cavazos is a multimedia journalist with an emphasis on political reporting. She's contributed to Univision, KXAN, and USA Today College, and she was named one of six NBC Fellows by the National Association of Hispanic Journalists in 2017.