- How to stream Alistair Overeem vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik 3 Years Ago
- Amazon sends customers condoms and soap instead of Nintendo Switch 3 Years Ago
- How to live stream Jermall Charlo vs. Dennis Hogan Today 8:00 AM
- Apple TV’s ‘Truth Be Told’ is a criminally dull drama Today 6:00 AM
- Thousands of Uber users have reported sexual assaults, company says Friday 5:40 PM
- ‘Astronomy Club’ reformats the sketch show Friday 4:58 PM
- Trump is concerned America’s toilets too weak Friday 3:53 PM
- Twitter users claim Billie Eilish is ‘over’ because she didn’t like Lady Gaga’s meat dress Friday 2:53 PM
- Nikki Haley says the Confederate flag was fine until Dylann Roof ‘hijacked’ it Friday 2:49 PM
- How emotional labor discourse spawned multiple memes Friday 2:22 PM
- Video of YouTuber Onision threatening ex-girlfriend resurfaces Friday 2:03 PM
- Marianne Williamson embraces anti-vax stance on Facebook Friday 1:58 PM
- Peloton Husband is worried memes will have ‘repercussions’ for his career Friday 1:55 PM
- ‘The Mandalorian’ stumbles as it returns to a familiar planet Friday 1:47 PM
- The best app controlled Christmas lights for the holidays Friday 1:04 PM
Jerry Rice didn’t let much go in his unprecedented 20 seasons in the NFL, but today he dropped something big.
A fire tweet.
It’s perfect in every way. It’s dad, it’s belatedly relevant, it’s an attempt at using a meme, it’s utterly sincere, and it’s damn funny.
Jerry Rice is all like “Cash Me Ousside, How Bout Dah?” and you’re all like “WHOA. WAIT. Jerry Rice wants to fight me? Why?” And for a split-second, you are terrified that you did something to piss off the greatest NFL receiver ever.
Then he’s like, “I’m just joshin’ you,” and you’re like “Whew. Jerry Rice was just playing around. He doesn’t want to fight me, he’s just joshin’. ”
And then he’s like, “But have you seen the video,” and you’re like, “Yea, that shit was funny.”
And now you’ve bonded with Jerry Rice.
How perfect is that?
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]