- Influencer gets prison time for performing illegal cosmetic procedures on followers Saturday 5:13 PM
- Parent immediately regrets baby monitor after seeing ‘possessed’ baby Saturday 3:53 PM
- Buttigieg used Kenyan stock photo to promote plan for Black America Saturday 2:29 PM
- Disney+ is the best streaming service for families available today Saturday 1:43 PM
- Netflix to amend Nazi docuseries after being accused of rewriting history Saturday 1:09 PM
- Everything you need to know about TikTok Saturday 1:00 PM
- Screaming drummer girl steals hearts with passionate Nirvana cover Saturday 12:50 PM
- The Kardashians receiving backlash for food fight Instagram post Saturday 10:26 AM
- How to stream Artem Lobov vs. Jason Knight in BKFC Saturday 9:00 AM
- Lizzo sued by Postmates runner she accused of stealing her food Saturday 8:39 AM
- How to stream Jan Blachowicz vs. Ronaldo ‘Jacare’ Souza on UFC Fight Night Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to watch Georgia vs. Auburn live Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to stream Navy vs. Notre Dame live Saturday 3:30 AM
- The actor who played Greedo is just as confused by ‘maclunkey’ as you are Friday 4:57 PM
- AirPods are getting that sweet, sweet Black Friday price drop Friday 4:24 PM
You need to see Jason Paul’s off-the-wall freerunning illusions
Is this crazy trickster the ‘Trainspotting’ baby grown up?
If you’ve ever seen the ‘90s classic Trainspotting, one scene was permanently seared into your memory: Ewan MacGregor’s withdrawal-induced fever dream. The surrealist vignette is charged with drama, tension, and thumping pulse of electro music; but it also contains the wildest use of baby in a motion picture of that time. The baby crawled across the ceiling, haunting McGregor’s character throughout his nightmare.
Since the film, McGregor’s seen his share of success, but whatever happened to that baby?
In a new video released by Red Bull, professional “freerunner” Jason Paul shows that he may have been that baby. The video shows Paul running and flipping across ceilings and walls, not dissimilar from the scene in Trainspotting. This must be the kid.*
*Upon cursory Google search, we discovered that Jason Paul was born in 1991, five years before the release of the Danny Boyle film.
Screengrab via Red Bull/Youtube
Feliks Garcia was a reporter and essayist whose work for the Daily Dot focused on social justice issues, internet culture, and the Rock. He was a staff writer for the Independent when he passed away in February 2017 after suffering a heart attack. He was 33.