- MSNBC is out of its mind over Sanders leading Nevada 12 Months Ago
- Kim Kardashian dragged for using makeup to darken her hands Today 4:13 PM
- TikTok users show how they turned their vehicles into incredible tiny homes Today 3:44 PM
- Woman iconically pranks man who sent her an unsolicited d*ck pic Today 2:25 PM
- ‘Terrifying’ deepfake puts Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk in ‘Star Trek’ Today 1:06 PM
- A 36-year-old called the cops after being booted from parents’ phone plan Today 12:16 PM
- People think novelist Dean Koontz predicted the coronavirus in 1981 thriller Today 10:22 AM
- Twitter suspends 70 pro-Bloomberg accounts Today 9:15 AM
- In documentary ‘Modern Whore,’ a former escort takes control of her own narrative Today 6:30 AM
- Cara Delevingne calls out Justin Bieber for ‘ranking’ wife Hailey’s friends Friday 9:07 PM
- Fans defend Jenna Marbles after some people claimed she mistreated her dogs in a recent video Friday 8:37 PM
- ‘Friends’ gets reunion special on HBO Max, fans go wild Friday 7:37 PM
- Why you should drop everything and start reading ‘Lore Olympus’ Friday 6:27 PM
- ‘Boogaloo’ memes are trying to organize a second civil war—and they’re spreading fast Friday 3:48 PM
- People are disturbed by these McDonald’s-scented candles Friday 3:47 PM
Helen Mirren and Jason Momoa presented the Oscar for best documentary feature onstage at the 91st Annual Academy Awards, both wearing similar hues. While the Dame went for a stunning, flowery pink A-line Schiaparelli Haute Couture floor-length gown in a flowy fabric, Momoa opted for a light millennial pink velvet tuxedo by Karl Lagerfeld (RIP).
“Honestly, I swear to god, Jason and I did not coordinate our outfits tonight, this is purely accidental,” quipped Mirren onstage. “But you know, it just goes to show, doesn’t it, that these days, a Hawaiian god and a very mature English woman can actually wear the same color—we can both wear pink.”
The award ultimately went to Free Solo, the film that follows the death-defying journey of rock climber Alex Honnold, who scaled the El Capitan rock formation in Yosemite National Park without the use of a harness or safety ropes.
That’s not what got people talking, however, because in addition to coordinating his outfit with his lovely wife, Lisa Bonet, Momoa paired his lewk with a matching pink scrunchie. Once a staple of teen ’90s fashion, the accessory now lends itself perfectly acceptable to tame the flowing tresses of none other than Aquaman himself.
It takes a real man to be comfortable enough with his masculinity to bring a scrunchie to the most prestigious film awards ceremony in the world, and suffice to say people were definitely into it.
always match the scrunchie to the suit pic.twitter.com/UWLLwXm8UE— Noah Johnson (@noahvjohnson) February 25, 2019
It's come to my attention that Jason has a matching velvet mauve scrunchie around his wrist...... Fendi thinks of everything pic.twitter.com/t4nh9ry9i9— GQ Magazine (@GQMagazine) February 25, 2019
Although the scrunchie in itself is pretty impressive, nobody even though to mention the likewise coordinating pink clutch. What Momoa even needs to carry with him in a man-purse is regardless, as we shouldn’t question a clearly burgeoning style icon.
Stacey Ritzen is a reporter and editor based in West Philadelphia with over 10 years' experience covering pop culture, web culture, entertainment, and news. You can follow her on Twitter @staceyritzen.