- CLIF Bar and KIND Snacks are in a bizarre social media war Today 2:55 PM
- Caillou is how tall? Today 1:32 PM
- No, that video of a Boston Dynamics robot attacking its creators is not real Today 12:40 PM
- Alex Jones places $1 million bounty on culprit who planted child porn on his InfoWars server Today 12:03 PM
- ‘Stranger Things’ star’s new Netflix prank show is receiving backlash Today 9:04 AM
- How to watch ‘City on a Hill’ for free Today 8:00 AM
- How to watch ‘Euphoria’ for free Today 7:00 AM
- Meet the home brewer turning beer into a case for net neutrality Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch the U.S. vs. Chile at the World Cup for free Today 6:15 AM
- 15 teen movies on Netflix that will make you laugh, cry, and cringe Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch Estrella TV online for free Today 5:00 AM
- People are roasting this ‘traditional’ take on marriage with a hilarious meme Saturday 5:17 PM
- The internet just collectively realized that the Neopets of the world must be hungry Saturday 4:00 PM
- Alt-right message board 8chan was served a search warrant Saturday 3:06 PM
- O.J. Simpson just joined Twitter in the most bizarre fashion Saturday 1:20 PM
Janelle Monaé flaunts vagina-themed pants in ‘PYNK’ music video
Featuring Grimes, the song is an upbeat celebration of feminine power. The video explodes with shades of pink in many forms, from grapefruits to cats to donuts. But people zeroed in on one image in particular.
It’s Monáe, clad in pants that are unmistakenly meant to look like labia.
Cause of death: the single artwork for 'Pynk' by Janelle Monáe. pic.twitter.com/ZtkF4iHlqn
— Sam Prance (@samprance) April 10, 2018
Who wore it better? janelle monae or me in college? pic.twitter.com/9fy44Brb3N
— Rosa Escandón (@humancomedian) April 10, 2018
Hmm. This looks a lot like those Georgia O'Keeffe paintings that make me so uncomfortable.
— Will Goss (@williambgoss) April 10, 2018
It gets better: At one point in the video, Tessa Thompson peaks out between Monae’s pink, ruffly legs. The shot boosted speculation that Monáe and the actress are dating.
The world: I mean we don't KNOW that Janelle and/or Tessa are queer and/or together.
Janelle Monae: Here is a video in which Tessa literally peers out from my vagina. pic.twitter.com/1OHWh7t8az
— A.K.C.B. (@AlannaBennett) April 10, 2018
— Hannah Giorgis (@ethiopienne) April 10, 2018
janelle monae and tessa thompson did THAT pic.twitter.com/gNlCRe17tj
— steph | this is a gays only event, go home!1!!1! (@korrahasami) April 10, 2018
In general, the video and its imagery are being hailed as a symbol of queer friendship and (maybe) love.
Janelle Monae and Tessa Thompson raised millions for the lgbts pic.twitter.com/7F5BdB9uI2
— Han (@alyciasgold) April 10, 2018
— Caroline Framke (@carolineframke) April 10, 2018
TESSA POPPING HER HEAD THROUGH JANELLE'S LEGS SCREAMING SCREAMING SCREAMING
— Rachel Vorona Cote (@RVoronaCote) April 10, 2018
And like a glass of pink lemonade on a sweltering summer day, it’s just what we needed.
Kris Seavers is the Evening Editor for the Daily Dot, where she covers breaking news, politics, and LGBTQ issues. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.