- Andrew Yang upset porn fans with his criticism of Bing Tuesday 10:34 PM
- Kamala Harris really wants Trump kicked off Twitter Tuesday 10:22 PM
- Bernie Sanders jokes he didn’t use medical marijuana before tonight’s debate Tuesday 9:47 PM
- Tulsi Gabbard says she’s not a Russian asset—which is just what a Russian asset would say Tuesday 9:20 PM
- Warren says she doesn’t have a ‘beef with billionaires’ Tuesday 8:59 PM
- Andrew Yang’s Universal Basic Income plan gets support from other candidates Tuesday 8:40 PM
- Christmas creep is real, and it’s all over Tom Steyer’s neck Tuesday 8:05 PM
- Stans are using pictures of Beyoncé to catfish sugar daddies Tuesday 7:18 PM
- Wait, who the heck is Tom Steyer? Tuesday 7:17 PM
- Teacher caught on video in racist rant put on leave without pay Tuesday 5:44 PM
- Pornhub pulls Girls Do Porn videos amid sex trafficking charges Tuesday 4:49 PM
- Gina Rodriguez sings N-word on Instagram story Tuesday 4:41 PM
- Trump Jr. mocked for Hunter Biden tweet about profiting from dad’s name Tuesday 3:58 PM
- All the holiday movies and shows coming to Netflix in 2019 Tuesday 3:48 PM
- Smoke ’em, pass ’em Week 7: The QB blues Tuesday 3:29 PM
Featuring Grimes, the song is an upbeat celebration of feminine power. The video explodes with shades of pink in many forms, from grapefruits to cats to donuts. But people zeroed in on one image in particular.
It’s Monáe, clad in pants that are unmistakenly meant to look like labia.
Cause of death: the single artwork for 'Pynk' by Janelle Monáe. pic.twitter.com/ZtkF4iHlqn— Sam Prance (@samprance) April 10, 2018
Who wore it better? janelle monae or me in college? pic.twitter.com/9fy44Brb3N— Rosa Escandón (@humancomedian) April 10, 2018
Hmm. This looks a lot like those Georgia O'Keeffe paintings that make me so uncomfortable.— Will Goss (@williambgoss) April 10, 2018
It gets better: At one point in the video, Tessa Thompson peaks out between Monae’s pink, ruffly legs. The shot boosted speculation that Monáe and the actress are dating.
The world: I mean we don't KNOW that Janelle and/or Tessa are queer and/or together.— A.K.C.B. (@AlannaBennett) April 10, 2018
Janelle Monae: Here is a video in which Tessa literally peers out from my vagina. pic.twitter.com/1OHWh7t8az
janelle monae and tessa thompson did THAT pic.twitter.com/gNlCRe17tj— steph | this is a gays only event, go home!1!!1! (@korrahasami) April 10, 2018
In general, the video and its imagery are being hailed as a symbol of queer friendship and (maybe) love.
Janelle Monae and Tessa Thompson raised millions for the lgbts pic.twitter.com/7F5BdB9uI2— Han (@alyciasgold) April 10, 2018
TESSA POPPING HER HEAD THROUGH JANELLE'S LEGS SCREAMING SCREAMING SCREAMING— Rachel Vorona Cote (@RVoronaCote) April 10, 2018
And like a glass of pink lemonade on a sweltering summer day, it’s just what we needed.
Kris Seavers is the IRL editor for the Daily Dot. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.