- iPhone overloaded? Here’s how to cancel app subscriptions Monday 11:02 PM
- Fan-created ‘app’ lets users experience the final moments of the ill-fated Jeremy Renner app Monday 10:00 PM
- Milo Yiannopoulos receives lifetime ban from furry convention Monday 7:49 PM
- Snapchat just made all political ads purchased publicly available Monday 6:12 PM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Borussia Dortmund in Champions League action Monday 5:39 PM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Napoli in Champions League action Monday 5:19 PM
- How to make real money with Amazon’s Mechanical Turk Monday 5:03 PM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Valencia in the Champions League group stage Monday 4:47 PM
- ‘SNL’ fires Shane Gillis for racist, homophobic comments Monday 4:41 PM
- Ben Shapiro wants accusers to describe Brett Kavanaugh’s penis Monday 4:30 PM
- Twitch suspends streamer for wearing Chun-Li cosplay Monday 4:11 PM
- Report: 8 years of Trump tax returns subpoenaed by prosecutors Monday 3:45 PM
- Netflix lands exclusive streaming rights to ‘Seinfeld’ Monday 3:34 PM
- Jenny Slate sets first comedy special at Netflix Monday 3:05 PM
- #EndSmearFear is aiming to save lives Monday 2:54 PM
The video was captured and posted to Twitter by Faith’s friend, @ajrosesolis, who thought Faith was putting bleach on her hair. Faith later confirmed that it was actually the chemical straighter known as a relaxer.
“Lmfaoooooo so my friend was bleaching her hair on live and this happened,” @ajrosesolis wrote.
Lmfaoooooo so my friend was bleaching her hair on live and this happened pic.twitter.com/Rc79tEfeOT— aj ✰✰✰✰✰ (@ajrosesolis) June 27, 2019
As soon as Faith realized what was happening, she let out a gasp heard throughout all of the Twitter-sphere.
Users pointed out that mixing a relaxer and bleach is always a deadly combo.
“Bleach + relaxer always equals hair loss. The chemicals hate each other,” one person wrote.
Hi! Cosmetologist here. Bleach + relaxer always equals hair loss. The chemicals hate each other. Atleast you can pull off the bald look!— I M A I (@ImaisFace) June 27, 2019
When she kept combing as if it’d would grow back or something pic.twitter.com/64c89M2vpH— Ja’Quan Shelton (@_shltn) June 27, 2019
She was in shock, damn, give her a minute— mur (@SupremeMuri) June 27, 2019
Faith told her Instagram followers that she had to shave her head after the incident.
“IM FUCKING BALD,” she wrote on Instagram.
She later posted an Instagram photo with a newly shaved head, still in shock over what happened.
People began complimenting her on how good she looks bald.
“She lucky she got a face that can rock the baldinnie,” one user wrote.
Faith then posted a YouTube video detailing what exactly went down.
Faith said she first dyed her hair blue then attempted to bleach it. But rather than getting rid of the blue, it severely damaged her scalp. So she tried to put a relaxer in it.
As she began to comb the relaxer through her hair, she realized her hair was falling out. She then rushed to the shower to wash the product out of her hair. As she washed out the product, the rest of her hair fell out too.
Her mother, who is also bald, came to her aid. Faith is now looking at the bright side of the situation.
“I thought I would just have a really really short haircut with color,” she said in her YouTube video. “I feel like this was a good mistake because now my hair can grow naturally.”
She admitted she was afraid to go out into the public with her new do, but the positive feedback she received via social media made her feel better.
“It’s not a bad thing ’cause there’s a lot of people that are bald, not by choice,” she said, revealing that her mother has been bald since the age of 11. “Don’t put a relaxer in bleached hair, don’t even put relaxer at all unless you’re professional, because this is what you will look like.”
- Instagram model Belle Delphine trolls fans with fake ‘porn’ videos
- Instagram artist accused of faking her paintings says they’re ‘100%’ real
- The construction dad Instagram influencer was just an elaborate marketing stunt
- Twitter recruits Serena Williams’ husband to find the secret to her good edges
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
Dominic-Madori Davis is a recent graduate of the University of Southern California. She covers the internet, politics, and social issues.