- Cara Delevingne calls out Justin Bieber for ‘ranking’ wife Hailey’s friends Friday 9:07 PM
- Fans defend Jenna Marbles after some people claimed she mistreated her dogs in a recent video Friday 8:37 PM
- ‘Friends’ gets reunion special on HBO Max, fans go wild Friday 7:37 PM
- Why you should drop everything and start reading ‘Lore Olympus’ Friday 6:27 PM
- ‘Boogaloo’ memes are trying to organize a second civil war—and they’re spreading fast Friday 3:48 PM
- People are disturbed by these McDonald’s-scented candles Friday 3:47 PM
- Season 2 of ‘The Witcher’ is in production Friday 3:16 PM
- Here are some cringey billboards Bloomberg ran in Arizona Friday 2:51 PM
- PewDiePie returns to YouTube after 37-day hiatus Friday 2:01 PM
- Why was a Republican Party Facebook page co-managed by someone in Turkmenistan? Friday 1:26 PM
- The shorthand guide to ‘Star Wars: The Clone Wars’ Friday 1:07 PM
- Congress urges Tinder to screen for sex offenders Friday 1:03 PM
- Video shows 9-year-old threatening suicide after being bullied Friday 12:01 PM
- Ex-Goldman Sachs CEO says he might vote Trump because Sanders is too mean to him Friday 11:40 AM
- Twitch streamer says she was banned for body painting Friday 11:39 AM
A new filter on Instagram is going viral for letting users see which Disney character they are.
Created by Instagram user Arno Partissimo, the filter is producing a wide range of reactions from Disney fans online.
The filter works by simply scanning a user’s face before landing on a random Disney character. And while some of the filter’s decisions seem to make sense, others have left users scratching their heads.
Videos of people reacting to their designated Disney characters are making the rounds on social media sites, like Twitter.
A clearly shook Williams posted the video to Twitter with the caption, “Y’all…”
Y’all... pic.twitter.com/Q2xAR17zV7— Zelda Williams (@zeldawilliams) December 30, 2019
Other users were generally happy when matched with lovable characters like The Lion King‘s Simba.
Thought I’d try out the which Disney character are you filter pic.twitter.com/LbLKmSSPxJ— 356➡️313 (@roneffect) December 31, 2019
But others were less than thrilled and even low key offended when compared to characters like The Lion King’s Pumbaa and the Hunchback of Notre Dame.
That filter "which disney character are you?" said I was Quasimodo 💀— Natalie #ESC2020 (@DanceWithCalum_) December 31, 2019
And i oop- pic.twitter.com/xEHvpWTb84
Some half-jokingly accused the filter of being racist for repeatedly matching them up with Chinese character Mulan.
“Y’all got me so fucked up,” one user wrote.
The which disney character filter on instagram is cyber bullying me pic.twitter.com/dMwLG2UhVO— Khoa Phan (@khoaphan) December 31, 2019
my bf tried the disney filter on instagram and pic.twitter.com/A69WjpTjcg— merry christiemas (@christie_cons) December 31, 2019
So I tried the which Disney character are you filter on IG— LVNKMOB THOTimoto (@tsujNAMI) December 31, 2019
Y’all got me so fucked up pic.twitter.com/hnWzdVNSUn
I tried the Instagram Disney filter and.... pic.twitter.com/fiaEu7HfKt— Emily Chen (@emichen88) December 31, 2019
The viral sensation also produced a few hilarious and profanity-laced tirades as well.
man fuck this filter pic.twitter.com/bwyvmtrmWA— Trevor Wallace (@TrevWall) December 30, 2019
I had my dad do it and I- pic.twitter.com/UMVRDqzqsI— Risa (@clarisa_hall) December 30, 2019
Like wtf pic.twitter.com/aRzjhUWCSf— Katelyn (@YDGKatelyn) December 30, 2019
Those with Instagram accounts looking to try out the Disney filter can do so searching under the “Browse Effects” option listed among their face filters.
Mikael Thalen is a tech and security reporter based in Seattle, covering social media, data breaches, hackers, and more.